Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
the Disney stuff in primark is cute! :love:✨
Very true, I have seen some cute Disney stuff xxx

I used to go in 10 years ago and be spoilt for choice, I'd spend a fortune every month. My friend and I would go in on payday and go mad, baskets full. Now I'm lucky if I can find one basic top to buy, it's all tat, I don't know if that's because my tastes have evolved or because they just make tat now and didn't used to? The prices have slowly creeped up too, like a lot of people have said H&M or the constant New Look sale is cheaper and better quality now.

I used to love the fit of the jeans, but after 3 washes they got vertical lines down the material that you couldn't iron out. Bra's always get miss shaped cups and wires come out, soft jumpers go hard and shrink, can't stand the material they use in their stretchy t shirts and when I used to buy my work shoes from there, I needed to replace almost monthly.

All that said, I do love having a mooch around when I'm in town, and one thing they do get right is pj's
Yes, I agree! Like I say, I did used to love it but I just feel for me it’s appeal to me.

We have a caravan in the Peak district and my 7 year old plays out all day whatever the weather. His clothes for the caravan all come from primark because £1-£2 for a T-shirt and 3 quid for jogging bottoms that are only gonna get covered in mud makes sense but the quality is shit and they don’t wash well but they do last! I buy a big ‘haul’ (ha sorry! I hate that term!) for him at the beginning of the season and it sees him through to the end so 8 months. Any clothes that I want to last for him come from M&S or next.

I never buy women’s stuff, I once bought a bra and every time I bent over a titty fell out, not supportive at all.
Yes that’s fair does at those prices. Our local Primark is a smaller one and think perhaps they don’t always stock the ‘cheaper’ children’s items. When I go into our Primark they seem to display lots of children’s dresses that are their more expensive ranges.

I love Next for longer last items. I always find loads online. Xxxx

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I generally don't like them either. The quality has always been poor except for the single night shirts, which my mother likes. I think the last time I bought anything would probably be more than 2 years ago which was the night shirt mentioned above!

FaLaLaLaNahLer

Chatty Member
No clue what Primark is. I might yt it! haha. Reminds me of the store name Pamida? That was decades ago. Why do stores that start w/ a P weird me out? Payless...another fail.

Regina Falangey

I can’t shop in there anymore! My local store is huge and people are always wandering about like a fart in a trance - drives me insane!

Enchanted Grotto

Usually try and go early morning on a weekend if I can as it’s horrendous after work and evenings!
All the “popular” T-shirt’s or clothes people want always just has XS left in men and women lol.

Not been for months as it’s getting ridiculous people taking suitcases to fill up and not enough people on the tills. Or worse they close all the tills but one and bottleneck the queue so you can be there 30 mins or longer. Usually give up and go at that point

emilynxlan

I must say... the stain in my Cher t-shirt from primark came off instantly and it’s like brand new!

Orange Creme

VIP Member
I like accessories such as gloves, makeup bags, kids hair bands, notebooks etc but I dont buy clothes in there. It's too hot and busy for me so I only go if I can get there early before the crowds

Web30

VIP Member
I tend to only shop in thiers for holiday bits, cheap tops and dresses for my daughter that will get ruined any way but its not my "go to" shop anymore

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
I like their hidden trained socks but the quality has got really bad. I’m getting a month or so and then my big toe is escaping. I go for multi packs of pants for my time of the month.
mum 6ft so nothing fits.
my 11 year old likes the pjs. It’s a bit hit and miss. I’ve been out with cousins and they’ve had primark In and looked great. I never seem to find anything.

Mercedes12

VIP Member
I love Primark but would never visit it on a Saturday/when it's busy

Only time I can have a proper look and find decent stuff is when I go first thing Sunday morning and it's quiet/the clothes are yet to be thrown on the floor 😂

Telperion

Totally agree with you - Poor quality and not particularly nice. The one near my uni was just chaotic. Everything was sometimes just dumped in piles and mixed up - it made the shopping experience unappealing.

Will rarely but anything from there. Maybe occasionally socks and if I need one time wear T-shirt’s. I’ll usually pop in to check out their Harry Potter collections and that’s about it.

Except for socks I am not a fan.

You get what you pay for with Primark but I dont think they are any cheaper than say ASDA ect, but the quality is awful. Tops always end up out of shape.
My local store always puts me off because it looks like a jumble sale.
Yes there are so many things in my local Asda now that are cheaper than Primark.

I’m with you on it not being that cheap and the clothes are poor quality. Sizing varies wildly and everything shrinks!

I do still enjoy pottering around one though 🙈
Yes I find the sizing much smaller too!
My daughter was bought some Primark dresses for her bday and they were unbelievably poor quality!

Yes, I can see that. Ours is always so busy it’s too hard to get around.