Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
I actually find both primark and h&m have poor quality. I got few summer bits from primark, because well.. I don't need expensive shorts for 4 days of summer. H&m is quite bad too, but I occasionally manage to find some nicer clothes.

Reactions: 2

KateESJ

VIP Member
I've bought my grandkids lots of clothes from Primark and for the same price bought ONE item in Next .. Next definitely is not cheap unless maybe in the sales ..
Next is lovely but I can’t afford it! Saw a lovely dress that I knew my daughter would love and it was about £45 if I remember correctly. Can’t afford that 😭 got one similar from TK Maxx for more than half the price.

I always look in the next sales but find that they never have the sizes I need left 😭

Irrch

Chatty Member
Agree with the jumble sale, elbowing and security guards ! Occasionally good for pyjamas and the odd random
Home thing.

The sizing is just off. I find *all* of the clothes a bit too expensive ... as in ‘£14 is too much for a dress from primark’

Used to go in when I was at uni and now it’s less and less.

I literally either spend nothing or £60+
Can’t tell you what I still have 🤷🏼‍♀️

PercyPigs

I use to love it there a few years back, however now I can relate to all the reasons stated above.

Too busy, not THAT cheap, awful quality.

I will only buy things like tights/ sunglasses/ headbands etc there now

Linda70

My daughter is into Disney and used to want all the primark Disney stuff 😬. It’s all cheap tat, I refuse to buy any of it now

KateESJ

VIP Member
Don’t buy much for myself outside of tank tops and the odd top here and there but do love it for my kids. The clothes don’t last long but no clothes do on my kids. So I like that they’re cheap but not ugly.

I buy the odd bits for my daugther from thier but find pep and co cheaper. HnM is my fave for kids stuff though, its one of the only shops that i feel has her size right, shes 5 but most places she wears 6 to 7 🙈
Bought a top for my three year old in primark and had to get her a size 6-7!! She’s quite tall though for her age and looks about 5 but I was shocked 😂

Fatima

VIP Member
Call me a caveman (or woman I don’t know if the word cavewoman exists lol) but I’ve never been to a primark store.
Never been enough curious or attracted to it.
And God this throwaway culture is awful,considering the environment is already damaged.

Lala1998

I got a lovely dress and jacket last week iv been living in them since.
It’s good when your on a budget but I hate seeing people in top to toe primark it’s so cheap looking and I’m not being snobby it can look grubby.
I have the dress but with decent good quality boots it makes the difference.

Kids clothes in Primark are usually only a few pounds per item?! I’ve never seen
Anything in there that’s as much as Next stuff 🤷🏼‍♀️
Most of the kids dresses in Primark were about £8. Next do loads in their multibuy range that are £6 or 3 for £15 likewise if you put them in ascending price order there are many dresses under £10 😃

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I hate the whole concept of it, I've never bought anything there as cheap tat doesn't have any appeal for me. I walked in once out of curiosity and turned around and walked straight back out 30 seconds later! 😂😂😂

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
I must be alone as everything I've had has lasted ages and not shrunk or been thrownaway. I usually buy their vest tops, pants, socks, sometimes shoes, and nice dresses.

Mine must be a quiet store too! I enjoy going, but it definitely isn't as cheap as it used to be!
Nope. You’re not alone. I have shoes from there that are 8 years old. Jumper that’s 6....

As for the sizing - I’ve found since their recent overhaul - it’s much more accurate. I can usually go in, pick up a 14, and it fit.

For me Primark is still cheap. Not saying it's best quality but cheap. Especially love kid's clothes, socks, flip flops, make up, reading glasses .. done of the jewellery ..
People on her mentioning it's expensive and they can buy much better and cheaper, I'd love to know what shops you go to please? 😀👍🏼
Unfortunately we don't have a H&M where I live anymore as it closed down last year to be replaced by River Island.
We have an Asda next to us and they are usually about £3 or £4 a dress.

I use Next online (never in store as the range is terrible) most of the girls dresses I buy Next are about £5 or £6 I just put them I price order to find the cheapest. What I do like about the Next dresses is that the wash really well and last for ages.

H & M - although I know you don’t have one near you, the dresses are all about £2.99 - £4.99.

Call me a caveman (or woman I don’t know if the word cavewoman exists lol) but I’ve never been to a primark store.
Never been enough curious or attracted to it.
And God this throwaway culture is awful,considering the environment is already damaged.
You’re not a caver person at all. I’m with you! I just think it’s a shame they don’t put more effort into making things better quality so they last, not end up in landfill.

I have found lots of children’s clothing items online but I’m struggling to upload them as it says “file too big”.

I can only suggest going directly to the websites and putting kids clothing into ascending price order.

Sorry hope that helps P xxxx

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I go in once in a while to buy vest tops and socks because I don't want to spend lots of money on those. I rarely buy anything else now, i LOVED it when I was 16 as if meant I could afford clothes and get an outfit for 15 quid. Now I'm 29 I was getting fed up of the bad quality and so I go to HandM, or online.

lime

I find Primark reliable in the sense that if I had a list of things I needed say for example for a last minute holiday clothes run, or if it was getting cold and I needed some winter bits, 99% of the time if I go in there I'll come out with what I was looking for.

And I have to say I have both summer and winter clothes from the past five years that I still wear. Of course a lot of it is cheap tat and fast fashion. My God they don't half sell some crap. It's the same in the Home section, you can buy some lovely bedding for an absolute steal (that lasts!) but you have to go through aisles of shit first.

So yes Primark always gets a visit from me when I'm on the high street but they don't get my money as easy as when I was younger and would blindly buy everything in there.

Reactions: 1

DramaNoDrama

Yes, you’re quite right! It’s definitely not built to last and I guess one should only go there with that expectation. I just feel the price has crept up to almost match other high street. I have found the kids clothes are roughly the same price as Next (but Next are much better quality.)
I've bought my grandkids lots of clothes from Primark and for the same price bought ONE item in Next .. Next definitely is not cheap unless maybe in the sales ..

smg658

I've always liked their jeans. Never had an issue with anything I've bought.

IrishGryffindor

It's handy for cheap stuff for holidays and festivals !

Tbh apart from sudocream I think Primark is now the most famous Irish brand/ product now

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Used to love primark but now it's awful! Never buy kids clothes unless basic tees as I personally don't want my kids wearing awful crop tops and gym wear! Went in for the first time in months the other day, saw a nice dress for £8, first wear there's a hole at the seam! Reminded me why I don't shop in there. The new sizing is awful, everything I've got since is either too big or too small! Also everyone in there seems become horrible pushy, rude and loud. And personally think H&m is worse! Their dresses are all see through, leggings just as bad as primark but twice the price! Sizing is also awful. Only good thing is the kids clothes, which are fab and the 3 for 2 basics you can't go wrong.

Sln2404

I like “bits” in there - wrapping paper, earrings, candles, kids hair accessories, blankets etc but don’t buy any actual clothes.