Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mumof3W

I used to love a little splurge in Primark but have struggled to find anything in the last year that I can actually get in & that fits well. I’m a size 16 and 5’4”....I tried on a gorgeous dress a few months ago...had to do an 18 because the 16 shoved my boobs under my chin 😂 but it was soooo long! It’s as though, the bigger dress size you are, the taller you have to be!

Everything is all sizes 6 & 8.....or 18 & 20. No inbetween.

Kids stuff....I’ll admit, I get quite a lot for my little boy but he grows out of everything so quickly I can’t be dealing with spending a fortune on clothes for him.

Home stuff....it’s got some amazing bits in! It is a guilty pleasure of mine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

liarliarliar

I used to love it too, used to buy loads. Bought a dress last Autumn and after I washed it once it had shrunk into a t-shirt and took me about 30 mins to iron out.

Bags always break, zip comes off etc.

Shoes are ok but take a couple of weeks and a few blisters before they’re ‘comfy’

Nail varnish is good! And underwear for kids.

Jumpers are around £12-15 which are more expensive than H&M / George etc and their quality is 10x better

Web30

VIP Member
I buy the odd bits for my daugther from thier but find pep and co cheaper. HnM is my fave for kids stuff though, its one of the only shops that i feel has her size right, shes 5 but most places she wears 6 to 7 🙈

Bumblebee

Chatty Member
I used to like it and over the past few years I’ve lost quite a bit of weight so brought a few dresses but they shrink! A cotton checked shirt dress that was lovely and loose. Washed and line dried and put it on two days later misshapen and much smaller. That cost £15 as well. So not mega cheap.

It’s handy for dd and her Harry Potter obsession but even she has stopped wanting to go in there as as others have said the material is usually weird. T shirts in a funny polyester almost shiny material or cotton that shrinks.

I must be alone as everything I've had has lasted ages and not shrunk or been thrownaway. I usually buy their vest tops, pants, socks, sometimes shoes, and nice dresses.

Mine must be a quiet store too! I enjoy going, but it definitely isn't as cheap as it used to be!
That’s really good, I’m glad you have success
I must be alone as everything I've had has lasted ages and not shrunk or been thrownaway. I usually buy their vest tops, pants, socks, sometimes shoes, and nice dresses.

Mine must be a quiet store too! I enjoy going, but it definitely isn't as cheap as it used to be!
thats good, maybe you’re better at laundry than I am.

A very long time ago when I was at uni I used to shop there and it was alright back then. But now I just find it doesn’t seem to last. Xxx

Reactions: 2

Tricham

Chatty Member
Wouldn't say i was a fan. I've only ever bought one item of clothing from Primark!

Okay, so which one of you cursed me? The primark vest top I was wearing got a hole in it, after saying everything I've had has been decent quality! 😂
Oh bless you!
Like I say, in my uni days I did shop in Primark and it was okay then, even when I had my first baby their clothes were great. But now I really feel the quality has diminished so much the past 5 years everything I have bought has broken almost instantly.

Itsnotmeitsyou

Chatty Member
It’s not a shop I go in more than once a year. I don’t like how busy and crammed together everything is (and what a mess). The clothing looks very cheaply made and you have to wonder how ethical that is. I’d rather buy from a supermarket.

Bellaboo83

VIP Member
I used to go in 10 years ago and be spoilt for choice, I'd spend a fortune every month. My friend and I would go in on payday and go mad, baskets full. Now I'm lucky if I can find one basic top to buy, it's all tat, I don't know if that's because my tastes have evolved or because they just make tat now and didn't used to? The prices have slowly creeped up too, like a lot of people have said H&M or the constant New Look sale is cheaper and better quality now.

I used to love the fit of the jeans, but after 3 washes they got vertical lines down the material that you couldn't iron out. Bra's always get miss shaped cups and wires come out, soft jumpers go hard and shrink, can't stand the material they use in their stretchy t shirts and when I used to buy my work shoes from there, I needed to replace almost monthly.

All that said, I do love having a mooch around when I'm in town, and one thing they do get right is pj's

I agree it's 80% tat. Some of the stuff is way out there too in design/colours ..they then sell it off for 50p when it bombs no one ever wants to buy it🙉 The stores are always full of crazy people elbowing you😂 it's always boiling, security guards who think they're nightclub bouncers.. The shoes give you a bunion and start flapping as soon as you cut the tag off.. poor sizing, I don't think any of it is built for fat people like me 😭😂 unless you count the see-through leggings .. They have started to address this though... cheap fabrics with faulty stitching..uncomfortable bras... I hate the children's clothing the quality doesn't compare to other brands. I do like the make-up however! For the money it's fab👍😂👍I have found a few nice things but I do feel on a whole, overrated.
Perhaps I need to try their make up! Maybe that’ll swing me!

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Bought 2 pairs of leggings from M&S in September, had holes in them by the beginning of December yet my primark ones are still going after a couple of years 😂 it really is just hit and miss with every shop!

emilynxlan

I’m on your side lol. The only things I’ll buy from primark are socks or underwear but nearly everything else I have from there was bought for me as a gift or a case of my mum going “that’s nice”.

I was in voluntarily in June to pick up a Lady Gaga, Cher and Pride shirt but that’s all I’ve really ‘wanted’.

In saying that my outfit today is trousers bought last summer during the heatwave and a jumper I was gifted at some point.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Oh bless you!
Like I say, in my uni days I did shop in Primark and it was okay then, even when I had my first baby their clothes were great. But now I really feel the quality has diminished so much the past 5 years everything I have bought has broken almost instantly.
Also I find the patterns and designs are awful now, you are hard pressed to find plain simple office blouses etc, it's all garish prints. Back in the day my whole work wardrobe was from there. It definitely used to be better.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Still shop there for bits like socks and the plain t-shirts because I don’t want to work in nice t-shirts because they get wrecked quickly in my work anyway.

But I agree about it going downhill. I remember even four, five years ago, I could wander around the menswear, spend £60 and have a basket full. Nowadays I don’t buy anything really. Used to be the best place for checked shirts, and I love a checked shirt, had a whole collection of Primark ones, grew out of them and could never replace them with ones I liked as much as Primark ones. They had great colours/patterns I loved. I remember a purple one in particular I still miss to this day. 😂😂😂

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
The thick men’s socks with tog rating (I think it’s 1.9 tog) are AMAZING. I have two pairs on constant rotation. Perfect bed/house socks when it’s freezing. Before I saw them I didn’t even know socks could have a tog rating :LOL: