Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder did she tell Penny about this issue before the procedure or did she only find out now when there’s a problem. I would have said Penny and serum would have wanted her to see a haematologist before starting anything. High blood pressure, clots most months with her period. It’s too serious not to look into before and she knew about it since last May.

I'm surprised if they didn't test for blood clotting. Clexane is a blood thinner so it must be a reaction to it

Kim remaining hopeful Packing her hospital bag and is showing a big back pack cooler bag that she's going to bring in filled with food... I can't wait till she discovers that labour is not like sitting on your hole at home in bed, milling through the snacks.

She's bringing colostrum in with her for baby but can't say the bloody word and keeps coming up on captions as cholesterol 😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone else triggered by the negativity about giving a baby formula. Sorry now but there is 100% nothing wrong with formula. I’m so angry. Some women can’t breastfeed and some women choose not to and whatever choice you make is right for you.

Reactions: 11
Anyone else triggered by the negativity about giving a baby formula. Sorry now but there is 100% nothing wrong with formula. I’m so angry. Some women can’t breastfeed and some women choose not to and whatever choice you make is right for you.
Very annoyed… and also poor baby in high chair again spoon and bowl in front of her

Reactions: 5
It’s so annoying . I think I know who your refereeing to . She basically said her sisters and friends babies were all suffering from reflux etc on formula but her baby was so content and happy from being breast milk!!

Very annoyed… and also poor baby in high chair again spoon and bowl in front of her
What a fool!!

Reactions: 4
It’s so annoying . I think I know who your refereeing to . She basically said her sisters and friends babies were all suffering from reflux etc on formula but her baby was so content and happy from being breast milk!!

What a fool!!
So only babies on formula get reflux? Plenty babies being breastfed who have reflux

Reactions: 1

What a fool!!
Absolute bullshit. My second baby is only breastfed and suffers awful with reflux and puking etc. First baby was only formula fed, she had no issues 😂

Reactions: 2
So only babies on formula get reflux? Plenty babies being breastfed who have reflux
Omg I’m on bf baby no 2, both horrendous reflux/dairy intolerance/wind issues …. What a tone deaf comment. Re people lording it about bf …. Some do and they are doses but on the other hand what annoys me from some formula fed mums is the belittling bf …. ‘Yeah well I would have if such and such ….’ And the suggestion that it’s easy … so it definitely works both ways. Fed is best. Do whatever suits mum to not send her into meltdown coz motherhood is hard enough as it is.

Why is she ordering goats milk formula?
Why not standard infant formula?

She's a dose. And a simpleton at the best of times.

Speaking about a majority here but I find breastfeeding mothers bleeping intolerable. It's like vegans, they have to tell you all about it and how superior it is.
I breastfed one baby and I'm plant based but I never felt the need to tell anyone about it.

And formula guilt is funking ridiculous too. I formula fed my other child because they wouldn't latch right and tbh I didn't have the mental capacity to go through with it. I formula fed because it was best for both of us.

Both my kids are phenomenonal. No difference between my BF and formula babies.

Each to their own 🤷‍♀️
Get offline Karen hun and stop being a big TIT.

Reactions: 9
I do think there needs to be better support for ALL choices when feeding babies. I didn't realise how little I knew about feeding, the hospital antenatal class had v little info, and frankly talked to us like we were absolute simpletons.

Supported parents making choices that work for them
is best. Pushing around a trolley full of formula bottles and leaving them on each bed in a maternity ward is not support. One on one time with parents teaching feeding techniques (breast/bottle/whatever the parents chose) is needed.

There is also a financial agenda from the formula companies -
they spend a lot on advertising and influencing.

Reactions: 6
Why is she ordering goats milk formula?
Why not standard infant formula?

She's a dose. And a simpleton at the best of times.

Speaking about a majority here but I find breastfeeding mothers bleeping intolerable. It's like vegans, they have to tell you all about it and how superior it is.
I breastfed one baby and I'm plant based but I never felt the need to tell anyone about it.

And formula guilt is funking ridiculous too. I formula fed my other child because they wouldn't latch right and tbh I didn't have the mental capacity to go through with it. I formula fed because it was best for both of us.

Both my kids are phenomenonal. No difference between my BF and formula babies.

Each to their own 🤷‍♀️
Get offline Karen hun and stop being a big TIT.
Why goats milk? Is Karen herself a goat?
That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. She probably thinks with the €30 price tag that it's superior 🙈

Between buying goats milk and then saying the formula could cause reflux, it really shows how little she has researched or educated herself. Reflux isn't caused by fluids. It's an anatomy thing not a food thing. It will happen BF or formula feeding 🙈

I can understand being worried to upset baby when everything is so good feeding wise but saying formula could create reflux really is a lack of understanding and not sound advice to put out there. Some other tired mother not making enough milk could read that and worry.

I do think there needs to be better support for ALL choices when feeding babies. I didn't realise how little I knew about feeding, the hospital antenatal class had v little info, and frankly talked to us like we were absolute simpletons.

Supported parents making choices that work for them
is best. Pushing around a trolley full of formula bottles and leaving them on each bed in a maternity ward is not support. One on one time with parents teaching feeding techniques (breast/bottle/whatever the parents chose) is needed.

There is also a financial agenda from the formula companies -
they spend a lot on advertising and influencing.

I do understand where you're coming from but I always add to the conversation, any company selling a product has a financial agenda and a marketing team.

It's up to a parent to educate themselves and make informed choices that work for them.

Formula or BF... whatever you choose should be supported. I found support lacked both ways tbh. I went private for my advice and it was the only way. Shouldn't be the way but it is.

People like Karen coming on and swanning about her production line with the hint of formula shame is what irks me.

Karen is clearly not well educated on either feeding path and her choices (goats milk?!) are ill informed AND she has vulnerable women following her that could be taking her say.
She should keep it to her private circle until she is both educated and informed.

Reactions: 7
Why do the mammy huns do it...? Unless they're a dietician they're not going to be adding any information of value when they're posting on and on and on about feeding and weaning. Especially the first time parents. I don't mind a quick pic of a happy looking kid with food in their hair and a link to a recipe, it's the earnest monologues that turn me off.

There is an exception though - I love watching YouTube videos of American mothers feeding their 10 kids and grocery shopping for their huge families. There's something weirdly relaxing for about watching someone make 20 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

It really gets on my tits (pardon the pun) when BF mothers think they are superior to others. What Karen should also know of she did any research is that IVF or a history of infertility and hormone imbalance is one of the factors for reduced supply so many of the women following her could be struggling and you have this dose coming on with her uneducated opinions.

It really gets on my tits (pardon the pun) when BF mothers think they are superior to others. What Karen should also know of she did any research is that IVF or a history of infertility and hormone imbalance is one of the factors for reduced supply so many of the women following her could be struggling and you have this dose coming on with her uneducated opinions.
It annoys me so much. I was so lucky to be able to BF at all after hormone issues/IVF, but also supplemented with formula because my supply wasn't great. No one should be shamed for the way they choose to feed their baby. If you can't or don't want to breastfeed, it's no one's business.

Reactions: 3
I’m very fond of Karen I love her honesty. And fair play for continuing but I formula fed and am proud of myself for rearing my baby and them meeting all their milestones and having them happy and fed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.