Ireland - any stories from growing up?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 145931
Oh I love these😍 my gran used to call Mikados "wooly backs" 😂😂 anyone else have a favourite Irish biscuit?
Purple snacks. I miss those so much.

7up and dry toast could cure any illness or ailment. Kerry girl here. Don’t live in Ireland now but I miss it so much.

I haven’t been home since Christmas and I’m missing my family so much. Bloody corona. No idea when it’s safe to fly either. Aer lingus aren’t flying atm from what I can see but Ryanair are from London. I wonder how that will work with social distancing though?

Remember when they tried to make tayto chocolate a thing. It wasn’t a thing. Cheap cooking chocolate, should of used Cadbury’s, blasphemy!
Flat or boiled 7up was the cure for everything!

Reactions: 4
these are still a Christmas staple!!
if they don’t taste stale you got a bad box 😕
I love the chocolate kimberley...heaven. I cant buy them though or the whole box will be gone in one go. Happened manys a time

Anyone have any good expressions.
My granda used to always say "boys a dear"
Years later seen this online and made me laugh hadnt heard it in years

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Cadbury mint crisp, is it true you can’t buy that anywhere but Ireland?!

fruit shortcake biscuits?

The jelly star biscuit in the afternoon tea 😞

The sting off an electric fence 😂

these are still a Christmas staple!!
if they don’t taste stale you got a bad box 😕
Still a must at Xmas course we follow tradition and start hoarding for Xmas after Halloween "the Xmas press" 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
rich tea biscuits and butter “sandwiches” 😐

please let someone know what I’m talking about 🤣😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Still a must at Xmas course we follow tradition and start hoarding for Xmas after Halloween "the Xmas press" 😂😂
One year, it was my uncles anniversary and we had the mass in our house so we had loads and loads of sweet that my mam locked in the Christmas press. We managed to break into it every evening and chipped away at the tins of roses and USA biscuits. We were cleaver we taped them all back up everytime. Until Christmas eve came and all my aunts and uncles were over and mam went to get the roses out and the tin was full of wrappers 🤣🤣 we had her heart broke 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
rich tea biscuits and butter “sandwiches” 😐

please let someone know what I’m talking about 🤣😂
I had rich tea biscuits today with my coffee

One year, it was my uncles anniversary and we had the mass in our house so we had loads and loads of sweet that my mam locked in the Christmas press. We managed to break into it every evening and chipped away at the tins of roses and USA biscuits. We were cleaver we taped them all back up everytime. Until Christmas eve came and all my aunts and uncles were over and mam went to get the roses out and the tin was full of wrappers 🤣🤣 we had her heart broke 🤣🤣
That's gas😂

YES!!!!!!! 🤣😂🤣😂

Poor mans dessert 😂🤣
almost as Irish as putting the left over dinner potato between two slices of white bread 🤣
I could go for one now to be fair. Havent had one in years. Could make a gourmet one with the fancy Abernethy butter my mum got

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember the hern man coming round the streets. That evening all the dinners were herns and boiled potatoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If we’re talking scandals and drama -

Charlie Haughey 😐
Every house in Ireland in the 90’s was tuned into RTE for that tit show 🤦‍♀️

legend.

View attachment 145935
Haughy "tighten your belts" when he was living like a Saudi prince himself the c*nt🙄

This thread is making me a bit homesick 😂
Aww crater 💜 are you the Kerry girl? I'm from Kerry are you north or south or mid, you don't have to say if you don't want

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
The sting off an electric fence 😂

Oh yes, the the sting of the electric fence. I grew up on a farm and the parents never explained it!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Haughy "tighten your belts" when he was living like a Saudi prince himself the c*nt🙄

Aww crater 💜 are you the Kerry girl? I'm from Kerry are you north or south or mid, you don't have to say if you don't want
I’m from the people’s republic of Cork 😂

Club orange. Cremola foam and brown lemonade. Telling people to wise up or discriving someone as not being wise 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6