Ioan Gruffudd & Bianca Wallace #227 Getting a marriage proposal without an ultimatum – priceless!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's daring. It's a large gap relationship with troubling kids and ex as baggage, health issues, public pressure, money issues, the speculation of how they got together and both enter their 2nd marriage etc. Plus I suspect trauma bonding helped them so far rather than damaging their relationship: the challenge is then to last, especially when new relationship energy fades awas. No matter how well suited you think they are the odds are against them. I can't however - based on what I've seen so far - see Bianca being even close as horrific as Alice if/when they divorce, but a prenup is always good. When one spouse isnt a monster like Alice it makes the divorce a breeze.

Alice and Ioan lasted 13+7 years, which is a way above average success, but this shows you that staying married or long married shows you nothing about the quality of a relationship
Well that's my prediction. They have survived Hurricane Alice and many couples would have split over her venom. As for 'trauma bonding', neither of them were causing the trauma, so it's not a good use of this term to describe what narcs do. Neither of them are narcs, but victims of narcs instead.

Alice and Ioan lasted 13+7 years = only because IG was remarkably patient (which makes him a very good choice for a woman with MS/disability) and didn't want to leave the kids. I think he knew that AFE was likely to withhold them after the split and she sure did.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh I wasn’t having a go at you! More the fact that this seems to be Emma’s first time going to a dog groomer, when it shouldn’t have been. Alice is treating it like she’s done Emma a massive favour and it’s the equivalent to a spa day.

I also think the photos she’s posted are adorable, the best she’s ever taken of Emma (that’s she’s publicly released).
I agree. It's the first time I've seen Emma not look absolutely terrified!

Reactions: 13
Ha! I get to have two birthstones! It looks like whoever decides this can't make up their minds as to whether it's opal or tourmaline. :LOL:

And why are you all calling out Alice for using a mobile groomer when you know how limited her time is? Seriously - not only does that woman work five different jobs no one knows about, but she is also writing a book, making a warm, clean and comfy home for her kids, helping them with their homework, tutoring them, walking her dog, being there for her friends and family, working out, educating herself in more fields than we can count, cooking three meals a day ... and all that in spite of her debilitating illness(es). She deserves a little chore to be taken off her plate, don't you think?

Don't worry, Alice. In our hearts, we all know ...

:sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Well that's my prediction. They have survived Hurricane Alice and many couples would have split over her venom. As for 'trauma bonding', neither of them were causing the trauma, so it's not a good use of this term to describe what narcs do. Neither of them are narcs, but victims of narcs instead.

Alice and Ioan lasted 13+7 years = only because IG was remarkably patient (which makes him a very good choice for a woman with MS/disability) and didn't want to leave the kids. I think he knew that AFE was likely to withhold them after the split and she sure did.
trauma bonding is usually due to a mutual trauma. Alice and the kids bonded over Alice artificially causing the trauma with threats and lies about their dad (hence why they ended up teaming up against him), Ioan and Bianca had genuine trauma due to Alice's smear campaing. It's not always reserved to abusive relationships like Alice+kids.

I think regardless the odds are against them. even the best marriages get divorced, so predictions are difficult. And if Bianca is the opposite of Alice and gives him many outs rather than to trap him into a marriage, this makes it all the easier to end it one day

• Sad
Reactions: 13
The comments on the Dog DM article are all against the Abuser. I guess she couldn't keep up. 🤭
On what planet should a man not get married and move on with his life because the kids, who hate him, aren't happy?
Maybe the same planet that requires people to stay in an abusive marriage because they have kids?

I don't know how it works in CA, but in Florida if you have more children, your child support for previous children is reduced. This makes the financial support equal for all of your children. I hope he and have a dozen. (If they want to)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If you have a hearing date, you will get a copy of the report at least 10 days before the hearing.

So there is a pre trial readiness hearing on 7 February. So Dupee is due to drop her report this week if she hasn't done so already. hmmm

I think "Tone" not so long ago would have sneered at the engagement but Dupee the cat seems to have caught his tongue.

Trauma bonding occurs when the abused person forms a connection or relationship with the person who abuses them. The person experiencing abuse may develop sympathy for the abusive person, which becomes reinforced by cycles of abuse, followed by remorse. Feelings of attachment and dependence can contribute to a trauma bond. When someone’s main source of support is also their abuser, a trauma bond can develop. An abused person may turn to the abusive person for comfort when they are hurt, even if the other person was the one who caused it.

For example, a child relies on their parent or caregiver for love and support. If that caregiver is abusive, the child may come to associate love with abuse. Believing that this association is normal, the child may be unable to see the abusive caregiver as “bad.” The child may instead blame themselves for the abuse as a way of making sense of what is happening to them. This allows the caregiver to continue being “good” in the child’s eyes, which reinforces their bond.

BIB the kids still see AFE as the poor victim here eg, Ella: "My mom also has a condition" - when no one even asked about that in court. I think instead of viewing themselves as bad though, they have been taught to view IG and particularly BW as 'evil', therefore vandalism and assault is fine, when it's done to them. They are trauma bonded to AFE. BW and IG aren't trauma bonded any more since they left their abusive marriages.

I agree IG and BW have been through a traumatic few years but it has brought them closer to each other, not to AFE, their abuser.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really want some birthstone jewellery now, but no idea where to look! Any suggestions for topaz jewellery, fellow turds?
Look out for crystal fairs or shops. If you know your birthstone then most jewe shops will have something with that particular stone. Or, you could have something made for you. I have an opal pendant that was made for me, to my design.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This isn't bad for gemstones either

Reactions: 5
That's daring. It's a large gap relationship with troubling kids and ex as baggage, health issues, public pressure, money issues, the speculation of how they got together and both enter their 2nd marriage etc. Plus I suspect trauma bonding helped them so far rather than damaging their relationship: the challenge is then to last, especially when new relationship energy fades awas. No matter how well suited you think they are the odds are against them. I can't however - based on what I've seen so far - see Bianca being even close as horrific as Alice if/when they divorce, but a prenup is always good. When one spouse isnt a monster like Alice it makes the divorce a breeze.

Alice and Ioan lasted 13+7 years, which is a way above average success, but this shows you that staying married or long married shows you nothing about the quality of a relationship

even if a miracle like that happened everyone would believe she is being sarcastic
Whatever happens I don’t think Bianca will ever resort to calling his mum a bleep!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I really want some birthstone jewellery now, but no idea where to look! Any suggestions for topaz jewellery, fellow turds?
You could make a nod to Ioan and shop Welsh?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It must have been just so so freeing for Ioan to be able to plan and execute a proposal for the first time in his life without any screws tightening. To be able to think it through without any pressure, come to his own decision, enjoy ring shopping for someone he’s excited to marry, to be able to pop the question knowing the response would be excitement and love rather than a shrill ‘ABOUT TIME’. To have friends and family react with joy rather than concern. In many ways I feel like his and Alice’s engagement wasn’t really a proper engagement given how it went down (ultimatums, last possible second, arguing, drunk, being yelled at to sleep on the sofa). Bet it feels incredible to be experiencing something this beautiful for the first time.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
trauma bonding is usually due to a mutual trauma. Alice and the kids bonded over Alice artificially causing the trauma with threats and lies about their dad (hence why they ended up teaming up against him), Ioan and Bianca had genuine trauma due to Alice's smear campaing. It's not always reserved to abusive relationships like Alice+kids.

I think regardless the odds are against them. even the best marriages get divorced, so predictions are difficult. And if Bianca is the opposite of Alice and gives him many outs rather than to trap him into a marriage, this makes it all the easier to end it one day
Tbh look at the baggage a Ioan has with Malice and the problems with the kids if anyone should be offeringa out its him to B ,its a bit worrying that she sees herself as a potential burden or unworthy ?

Reactions: 10
So I decided to get dirty and have a look on the latest DM comment section. And - keeping however in mind that people can make things up - I thought this comment was interesting.
1000022354.jpg

It's something I noticed a bit in the hearings too. He clearly realizes that Alice is nuts, but he seemed - idk - lenient on her. We thought it was because she was self-representing or because Ella was in attendance, but it's interesting to read a review with the same impression being shared.

Thinking about it... that could be a smart approach to rule against the abuser but not let them go crazy about it lol
Tbh look at the baggage a Ioan has with Malice and the problems with the kids if anyone should be offeringa out its him to B ,its a bit worrying that she sees herself as a potential burden or unworthy ?
I think this comes from the pressure of the kids to seperate from her. you could get the impression that it would benefit him more to dump her (its not)

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.