Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #81 I'll never understand what I did wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the only way for Ioan to put the kids first would have been to not date for the next 5-10 years or something (let's be real, the divorce would have taken years and Alice would never have let go of this, so he would have been forced to wait until the kids are adults to understand it themselves, if that even would work) or really hide the duck out of the relationship (many fathers do this, but they are not famous and dont have a crazy ex-wife). But even then the outlook would be grim, Ella refused to see him (outside of the house) seemingly because Ioan demands more discipline than Alice does (and obviously Alice backed her here as we saw in the texts) and seemingly because the whole matter about whether he can pay the private school was already last year a hot topic. Then you have probably Alice poisoning her that he doesnt come home even when she is sick or when it's his only option to see her. Alice programmed the emotional blackmail from the start and he had no chance here. It likely would have gone on and on even without Bianca until he gives in.

I actually wonder if in the case of Ella his approach is exactly right: to show that emotional blackmail and tantrums are not the way to achieve your goals, and that she will have to live with the fact that daddy cant always appease mommy (and in extension them). Time will tell if this works or if he gave up too quickly on her, but what many commonly see as taking the kids first is not always the way to go. What I am unsure of is if he could have done better with Elsie, since that relationship was fine pre-Bianca (even if under wrong promises/assumption, whoever was responsible for this)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
? I don't understand.
Ioan has a choice. I find it odd that views are polarized on the only option Ioan has was to snatch the kids which is illegal and I have never suggested that. My children are young adults and I never prevented them from seeing their dad. They have now got to the age where they perceive the nuances. The only thing I have suggested regarding Ioan is that knowing how things would be playing out at home he could have been more protective of his future relationship with his children and he hasn't helped himself on that front. The girls are too young to be emotionally informed. All they know is their dad isn't with them and all I am saying is he could have handled it better
Monday morning quarterbacking and all that. How I wish I could go back in time every single day of my life but I can’t. 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The separation from AE, the introduction of someone else - let’s face it, it was always going to be a shitstorm. AE is incendiary, she goes off if someone has parked their big car in a small space, so trying to leave a marriage must have seemed insurmountable. I think he needed someone to lean on, someone who understood the nuances of being trapped in a bad situation, given him some strength, some one positive, that’s why BW happened.

Easy to say on the outside, he should have done this or that, but dealing with someone like AE is tricky when you are on the same side as them, nigh on impossible if you are not. She is wily and cunning, I don’t think IG is. But he has learnt how to handle her now. He can see the light now, he is almost there.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
As far as I can see Alice was reacting from at least the minute Ioan started to divorce her. Her reaction level hit the highest level and stayed there. The alienation went to into full swing at that point with no hint of a new girlfriend.

She has stated that she is doing this deliberately and intentionally until he does what she wants him to do. IIFC that is he lives in the garage and pretends they are a happy family. Or a version of that, one bed apartment by himself no social life, available to do odd jobs at her beck and call and to finance her ridiculous demands. Anyone who expects him to agree to that needs to wobble their head and stick it in a bucket of ice.

Ioan didn’t cause her to change course or up her game when he confirmed his relationship with Bianca. She was doing it all anyway and she told him that. He has and he had no means to avoid her malicious and abusive behaviour except through the routes he is now taking.

It’s the C21, single parent gets a partner is not shocking or complicated. Narc mother goes bananas on SM is.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thanks for the offer of a hat. I do respect you that you don't agree and understand why. It is a bit of a hill I will die on though. My kids have had to grow up knowing that their father put himself and his partners first and still does to this day, refusing to pick up his daughter that he hadn't seen for a year on Christmas Day because of covid as he would be cooking and drinking with his new family. While I am thankful that my only involvement is 'that is disappointing' it hurts me on their behalf and his priorities have influenced their relationship with him and their own partners
I have very much been there too , but I totally understand that right now Ioan is helpless in relation to contact with his daughters, and he’s basically dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn’t.
It must be a living hell for him knowing he‘s unable to swoop in and get them , and very likely the reason he didn’t leave the maniac years ago .The law often favours the mother , even when there’s mountains of evidence to suggest otherwise.
I do however think Ioan is getting his ducks in a row and making sure there are literally no holes for her to slip through.
I also think that if and when he does get full custody he’s in for a bit of a shock . Being a part time working away parent as we know is very different to being Mr mum , let alone unravelling the mess Alice has caused 🤦🏽‍♀️ I don’t envy him that bit .

Reactions: 27
I think the only way for Ioan to put the kids first would have been to not date for the next 5-10 years or something (let's be real, the divorce would have taken years and Alice would never have let go of this, so he would have been forced to wait until the kids are adults to understand it themselves, if that even would work) or really hide the duck out of the relationship (many fathers do this, but they are not famous and dont have a crazy ex-wife). But even then the outlook would be grim, Ella refused to see him (outside of the house) seemingly because Ioan demands more discipline than Alice does (and obviously Alice backed her here as we saw in the texts) and seemingly because the whole matter about whether he can pay the private school was already last year a hot topic. Then you have probably Alice poisoning her that he doesnt come home even when she is sick or when it's his only option to see her. Alice programmed the emotional blackmail from the start and he had no chance here. It likely would have gone on and on even without Bianca until he gives in.

I actually wonder if in the case of Ella his approach is exactly right: to show that emotional blackmail and tantrums are not the way to achieve your goals, and that she will have to live with the fact that daddy cant always appease mommy (and in extension them). Time will tell if this works or if he gave up too quickly on her, but what many commonly see as taking the kids first is not always the way to go. What I am unsure of is if he could have done better with Elsie, since that relationship was fine pre-Bianca (even if under wrong promises/assumption, whoever was responsible for this)
I hope to hell I'm not right but I think Elsie would be scared of her mum's reaction and story and certainly swayed to her big sisters reaction against Ioan leaving, then Bianca and then everything that came after that. Gloria, the school money, everything. I hope she's not too far gone that something with her dad can't be salvaged.

End of the day I think we can all say we're afraid for the kids, but Alice has them all day every day apart from when they're at school and she neither has the time nor the inclination to have broken anything to them with tact and with the fragility of their wee hearts in mind.
She's a wrecking ball.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Ioan cleaned up his social media, Bianca cleaned up hers, they had a strategy in place. Alice beat them to the punch because of Tattle. Alice is pathologically unable to accept responsibility for the demise of her marriage. She spent 7 months haranguing Ioan about him choosing his mother over her. Unless he is stupid, Ioan knew how things would pan out with Alice over Bianca. The 12-year-olds Instagram hacking specifically mentioned Bianca
I think he knew she'd go nuclear once it was out there and keeping his new relationship under cover let him keep the contact with his kids. I still believe there's a lot more to come out yet and the lengths Alice has gone to stopping access. I believe it was always her intention to alienate the girls once she knew that he wasn’t ever going back to her.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m going to go back to Rutherford for a second without ANY inside details like I do here. She was with a dude who was not American and was on some type of visa. They split up right after the second baby was born. It became acrimonious. This is where it gets weird. He was technically breaking American immigration laws and she grassed him and he was deported. He was in fact breaking the law (though interesting to note the TRO I and B received makes reference to real or perceived immigration status) but she was the one who was held accountable for parental alienation and he was awarded temp custody abroad. Effectively two American born citizens were also deported. During a visitation to the states, two courts (NY and CA) said that they couldn’t rule on a matter as it was out of their jurisdiction. She withheld the kids for a few days and was stripped of any chance of ever getting ANY custody. She only has visitation and she has to travel overseas to make it happen. I’m not going to go into messy personal accusations (I don’t know enough) but the point the American judge made in the final ruling was that the father had demonstrated more willingness to co parent than the mother (based on her not returning the kids on time following a visitation) and was awarded 100%. I know Rutherford to be a working actress and I’m not too sure about substance abuse issues but none of that seems to factor in if there were. It was simply that the other parent was more willing to co parent. Apply that here to Alice and Ioan……in the same state, with the same threshold/criteria and case law to rely on….

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

BIB
Yes it is right. She is old enough to learn that there are limits to what you can demand of another person, relation, friend or lover. She is old enough enough to learn that some behaviours should not and will not be rewarded. If she doesn’t learn this lesson then she will be the loser in life. Because she will be a very unlikable person.

Sure he could forget what being a good parent means and just indulge her. But I hope he learnt that lesson with her mother. Instead he is doing the courageous thing. He is risking what he most loves to save what he most loves.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m going to go back to Rutherford for a second without ANY inside details like I do here. She was with a dude who was not American and was on some type of visa. They split up right after the second baby was born. It became acrimonious. This is where it gets weird. He was technically breaking American immigration laws and she grassed him and he was deported. He was in fact breaking the law (though interesting to note the TRO I and B received makes reference to real or perceived immigration status) but she was the one who was held accountable for parental alienation and he was awarded temp custody abroad. Effectively two American born citizens were also deported. During a visitation to the states, two courts (NY and CA) said that they couldn’t rule on a matter as it was out of their jurisdiction. She withheld the kids for a few days and was stripped of any chance of ever getting ANY custody. She only has visitation and she has to travel overseas to make it happen. I’m not going to go into messy personal accusations (I don’t know enough) but the point the American judge made in the final ruling was that the father had demonstrated more willingness to co parent than the mother (based on her not returning the kids on time following a visitation) and was awarded 100%. I know Rutherford to be a working actress and I’m not too sure about substance abuse issues but none of that seems to factor in if there were. It was simply that the other parent was more willing to co parent. Apply that here to Alice and Ioan……in the same state, with the same threshold/criteria and case law to rely on….
The Rutherford case is a mindblower huh. I only know the jist, most of what you've put here.
She was in an article for Forbes in 2020 and I don't think she mentioned her kids... 🤔

I thought this one was interesting given the circumstances...

Reactions: 12
My other point and forgive me but it has to be acknowledged, is that usually before a violent event occurs within the family at the hand of one of the parents, there were almost always signs that the other person was not taking the break up well. Some are still awarded the children for weekends or alternate weeks. Something bad happens that can’t be fixed as punishment to the “leaving” parent. I’m not suggesting this is the case in this specific matter l, however the judge will (usually and hopefully) know which signs and hallmarks to look for to prevent such events. Alice can’t control herself, especially after a few drinks and she is now very close to a judge granting a PRO which means the judge believes that Ioan and Bianca are under some sort of physical threat. That’s really serious and shows how serious I is taking this. The judge will make that decision in the end. But for everyone saying, “well the kids are going to be so messed up if they’re forced to live with Bianca”….the alternative could result in something much worse, god forbid. That’s the judges call but we’ve all seen it before and the courts have wised up to the signs that it’s going beyond PA.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We should be grateful for Tone for Fucko.

It’s universal and can be deployed in many situations.

It feels a bit kinder than telling someone to duck off, it almost feels like an endearment. It can be used as a greeting or an insult.

Cockney- awright, Fucko, me old mucker.
Italian - hey, Fucko, whaddyathinkyadoing?
Scottish - ya Fucko numpty - this one coupled with a hard stare.
West Country UK - alright my Fucko.
Geordie - why aye canny Fucko.
Scouse - alright soft lad Fucko.
Parisian - mon Cherie, mon Fucko.

So many opportunities to deploy.

I left off

G’day Fucko
Howdy Fucko

can’t let the Aussie and US turds down
Any Succession watchers here?

GO ON, duck OFF, FUCKO!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So what is the purpose of the Paul Kaye photo she just came across whilst looking for something else all day? If you type in blackball premiere it comes up so not sure why it was so hard to find.
She is trying to get a message across about something ...not sure what but she doesn't post anything without a malicious hidden purpose. Usually it's not that hidden, mind.

Is she threatening to reveal something from this time or something related to PK? I wonder....
BIB - agree, also the film title struck me as curious, why this one?

Black Balled - Urban Dictionary
https://www.urbandictionary.com

Screenshot 2022-03-08 142018.png

Screenshot 2022-03-08 142137.png

I might be wrong but wonder if she thinks she has something on Yo he hasn't already mentioned that could embarrass him publicly in some way?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.