Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #56 I've got 99 filters but a pool filter ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard Australia has worse things than rats and squirrels though...Alice would be terrorised!

Reactions: 15
In an early interview, he said because it's just 10 episodes, compared to America's long episodic TV shows, it would be filming five months. In another season, he called it six months away. Alice post separation has said he was away six months. Then she began calling it 10 months, nine months, etc. Except for the year he filmed Season 2 of Liar, it looks like he was gone half of the year. That would be six months home. I would have to look at IMDb to see if that pans out. So I can see why they didn't move there the first season. He was back home after six months, and they saw him a couple of times while he was filming for long holidays. I agree, though, I know people that went to Australia and stayed for a year and loved it, absolutely loved it.

Reactions: 14
All of his previous TV series got canceled after 1 season, so relocating to Brisbane would be a gamble. As it turned out, Harrow was 3 seasons but there are no guarantees

Reactions: 10
Well I've been here 59 years and you just make friends with all the local wildlife.

Reactions: 18
No wonder his career went nowhere. Who speaks like that. He sounds like a seventy year old granny clutching her pearls. Go to a foreign country hoping to break into a very competitive and insular field and criticize two of biggest stars of that moment. Not forgetting that Paris Hilton comes from a very powerful and wealthy family. Seems like they both torpedoed their own careers.

Reactions: 18
According to the Prabook link, John Dowell's interests include amateur theatre Wonder if he's a better actor than Alice?

Reactions: 4
Lol! I think maybe the answer lies in the difference between traditional book intelligence/what’s measured in IQ tests, versus social and emotional intelligence. They’re not at all the same. There are a number of people who score off the charts on IQ tests, but struggle when it comes to basic social and emotional cues. Sometimes this is due to being neurodiverse, and other times it’s due to variation among neurotypical people.

EDIT: I am NOT suggesting that AE and her brother are ND and that’s why they’re jerks, NOT AT ALL. I don’t mean to be excusing them in any way. All I mean to say is that traditional intelligence does not automatically confer emotional intelligence or social skills.

EDIT 2: Very intelligent people can also suffer from psychological conditions that cause them to behave poorly towards others, and lack insight into their own behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The narcissism/genetics is really nature vs nurture. For example if it's Full Blown NPD there can be a genetic predisposition, but that doesn't mean someone would develop it- that all comes down to their life experiences. Narcissism in the other sense of just having strong narc traits rather than the personality disorder is likely to be entirely based on nurture- the home environment, upbringing and life experiences. All three of the children seem to be troubled though- conspiracy theorists, alleged alcoholics with apparent "ties" to unsavoury people, and... Well, Alice. So I think there was definitely something odd in the Evans family.

Reactions: 15
...The Addams Family, did you say?

Reactions: 13
Regarding how many months Ioan was away the past years, I'm guessing based on Alice's SM and imdb/google
2014: San Andreas (1 month), Forever (5 months) - 6
2015: Forever (3 months)
2016: Unreal (2 months), Buttons (2 months), Professor & Madman (2 months), Liar (2 months) - 8
2017: Liar (2 months), Harrow (5 months) - 7
2018: Harrow S1 (1 month), Ava (0.5 months), Harrow S2 (2.5 months) - 4
2019: Harrow S2 (2.5 months), Liar S2 (3.5 months), Harrow S3 (2.5 months) - 8.5
2020: Harrow S3 (3.5 months)
2021: Reunion (4 months)

*not including other minor activity, e.g. PR or stage appearances etc.

not too crazy imo either way. though it seems he was pretty much straight shooting through 2016/2017 & 2018/2019 for 9-10 months respectively away from LA
(technically 2014-15 too but I certainly remember him regulary flying back from shooting Forever in NYC)

eh, this was during a time where pissing on Paris & Britney was a popular sport, so not sure about that

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Yeah well you know, they couldn't live on Alice's first communion money. Someone had to be working, putting in the time and doing the hard yards.

I wonder if Janet and John were estranged? Maybe Alice doesn't know about him at all?
I notice he married a woman named Clarkson. Maybe Alice is related by marriage to Jeremy?! Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Reactions: 11
Gloria's days of working for Ioan is over. And Alice is not going to be able to afford paying her eventhough she made a pledge to find a job to keep Gloria employed. That ain't happening.
I guess Alice expects that whatever job she'll get, she'll of course earn more than Gloria. Much more. I wouldn't be so sure, Alice, unless you're paying Glo peanuts.

No wonder she has squirrels in her bin.

As for Ioan badmouthing Paris and Britney - yeah, it's usually best to keep your mouth shut about others in the industry. What was the context anyway? Was he asked about them or did he just come out with these two out of the blue? And I think he's gotten smarter since then. Alice was angry when he kept quit about politics, eventhough talking shit about Trump wouldn't hurt him much either.

Reactions: 9
Someone posted this New Year’s Eve and I can’t find the answer to it. If the Mith saga went down Feb 2019 and he left Twitter over it then why was Alice tweeting him Aug 2020 at the same time Ioan told her he wanted out of the marriage?

Reactions: 11
Where did you find that? Is the year correct? Because if MITH was back and Alice kicked off with him again, THAT would explain Ioan finally having enough.

End of 2021, people were commenting on Twitter that they wanted MITH back. So had he been resurrected for a while between Feb 2019 and, say, Sept 2021?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.