Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #4 He’s just not that into you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say that this made me laugh.

Alice liked this tweet in response to WalesOnline calling her his ex
CaBJSSY.png

Alice two days ago
QNzQO3B.png

Also Alice "how dare you call him my ex-husband" Evans two months ago
izJCgyM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I do feel sorry for AE but I equally think she needs to get a grip, get off SM, think of her poor girls and book herself into therapy ASAP.

IMO, AE has devoted all of herself to IG, to try and make him happy, please him and feel secure that he loves her.

AE is quirky and I definitely think that was part of her appeal to IG but as his profile increased, I think he wanted her to tone down that quirkiness and tow the line.... I think this is why she comes across as awkward and odd in some posts/videos as it's not something that comes naturally to her. I'm sure he would have "told her off" for embarrassing him at times (I don't mean physically or anything) scold her if you will.

I think this will have had a detrimental effect of her self confidence and her need to please him.
This is turn, probably pushed him further and further away. A vicious cycle of AE trying to hard and IG detaching from the relationship.

AE is the definition of a woman scorned at this time and I do feel for her, that her whole life has been turned upside down. IG is just waiting in the wings whilst she unhinges herself on SM, it's not a dignified silence, it's biding his time, whilst AE causes merry hell.

They are both to blame for this chaos and it's the daughters I feel so sorry for, caught in the middle, being told who knows what.

AE get off SM, protect your babies, put down the bottle.... Get to therapy. Work it out privately, be the bigger person.

Reactions: 13
I disagree with this really hard. Taking photos of someone they don’t like and posting them without their consent is crappy and intrusive. My husband knows I do not like pictures and videos to be taken of me, much less posted online, and I’m not remotely famous (or vain), I’m just very private. If he’s actually getting angry and asking her not to but she does it anyway, how does this make him the tit one? She’s supposed to love him! But the truth is she didn’t seem to care about his discomfort and just wanted the sweet dopamine hit from the SM attention.

Also the photos when he’s looking at his phone could just as easily be moments when he’s having a bit of peace and quiet and she couldn’t bear his attention not being on her - so what does she do but take his photo and post it online yet again, accompanied with a sarky comment. It’s horrible behaviour and I don’t understand anyone being fine with it. Is this considered ok in the world of SM to post pictures whether the other person wants them there or not? Photos of you in a private moment at home? Details of a private argument? It sounds absolutely exhausting.

And posting a photo of you and your new girlfriend on Instagram doesn’t fit any definition of coercive control I’ve ever read.
Hello! I'm new after lurking and watching from the sidelines on this thread forever (well, site. The Sali Hughes brouhaha lured me in a while back:ROFLMAO: ). I've been in a relationship with a man who lied to me repeatedly and then left for another woman so this story's brought a lot of memories back and I'll be honest, most of those memories are of me going insane for two years so this entire thing hits a nerve. I worry.

I get your take on photos and videos; I'm the exact same and hate people taking my photo cause I look rubbish in them. I doubt that's the case with him though because he's chosen a profession where your face is your fortune. What I've read of Ioan and can see on Alice's Insta there appears to be a disconnect between his public self and his true self:

'When we talk about him being recognised in the street he admits he is thrilled by it, then volunteers, laughing at himself, that he puts makeup on before he leaves the house – “bit of tinted moisturiser, bit of powder” – because when people take selfies with him: “I’m sick of seeing pictures of myself looking like tit.” He grins. “If someone says: ‘Can I take a selfie?’ I’m like: ‘No, let me take it.’ I’ll walk straight up to the window: ‘That light will look great.’ I’m not ashamed to admit that.”

There's also a lot to read between the lines with the photo he posted of him and Bianca. Especially since Bianca replied with 'I know a real smile when I see one'. Maybe this is a stretch, maybe it was a layered message? In the last joint selfies of Alice and Ioan together on Alice's instagram from late 2020 I think there's much joking about how he won't/can't smile for a couple of posts. Bianca is the saviour and Alice is the person she is saving Ioan from- that's the story they're telling themselves. I had the same thing happen to me where I'd been painted as a batshit ogre to my ex partners new lady to 1. Make her feel less guilty and 2. Gain him her sympathy. Ironically, I then became a batshit ogre for two years after he left me. Affairs are complicated, they thrive off lies. The insta post of him and Bianca was designed to wound and they succeeded.

It's crazy how these internet dramas get under the skin and make you feel like a keyboard Columbo. I just want them all to be OK. I'm worried about Alice's mental health and hope people can be kind to her. I've been at the brink and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So apparently any account on the flip side is an "I hate Alice site" - even though the costume designer is just telling her experience from being around Ioan on set.
She's even accusing people "on her side" of double crossing her for following her.
It's 100% not cool but it happens when you've been dumped and lied to. I accused my own Mum and best friend of knowing about my head ex cheating on me when I found out. Neither had known but my paranoia was off the scales and I lost them for a while when i needed them most.

• Sad
Well what do you think he should do then? He can't physically stop her from unhinging on social media. He has not resorted to flaming her on social media. What else is there for him to do but maintain a stoic silence?
AE would do better to (as you say) put the bottle away, get therapy, and take care of the 2 girls. And then engage with the divorce process (instead of taking on the mantle of victimhood) and start building a new life. But really, no-one can do that except AE. Its a sad, public, slo mo train wreck.

@EssieMay

Sorry I wasn't clear... I meant I don't think his silence is a dignified silence, I think it's more of a calculated silence. There's been no statement from his at all, just a picture of him and BW which was going to undoubtedly fan the flames.

😊

Reactions: 3
Well what do you think he should do then? He can't physically stop her from unhinging on social media. He has not resorted to flaming her on social media. What else is there for him to do but maintain a stoic silence?
AE would do better to (as you say) put the bottle away, get therapy, and take care of the 2 girls. And then engage with the divorce process (instead of taking on the mantle of victimhood) and start building a new life. But really, no-one can do that except AE. Its a sad, public, slo mo train wreck.

He should probably release a statement and I'm surprised he hasn't been advised to cause this will run and run and run if he doesn't. It won't lose steam because the bones of it are being picked over by so many people and Alice is still in the mad phase.

Reactions: 6
I've not been on tattle for about a week due to work and i come back and she's on to a 4th thread!!! What did i miss!

He should probably release a statement and I'm surprised he hasn't been advised to cause this will run and run and run if he doesn't. It won't lose steam because the bones of it are being picked over by so many people and Alice is still in the mad phase.
If Ioan releases his side of the story Alice will probably never stop 🤣

I've not been on tattle for about a week due to work and i come back and she's on to a 4th thread!!! What did i miss!
He got a new girlfriend and Alice went batshit and sold her story to the Daily Mail.

So what we were all waiting for lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@EssieMay

Sorry I wasn't clear... I meant I don't think his silence is a dignified silence, I think it's more of a calculated silence. There's been no statement from his at all, just a picture of him and BW which was going to undoubtedly fan the flames.

😊
He made a statement - at the start he asked for privacy for the whole family. And as part of the divorce process, the advice given by lawyers, is Don't Comment. I can't see that anything that he could say now would calm her, settle her, get her to get help.
What do you think he should say in a public statement that would help?

Reactions: 9
Hello! I'm new after lurking and watching from the sidelines on this thread forever (well, site. The Sali Hughes brouhaha lured me in a while back:ROFLMAO: ). I've been in a relationship with a man who lied to me repeatedly and then left for another woman so this story's brought a lot of memories back and I'll be honest, most of those memories are of me going insane for two years so this entire thing hits a nerve. I worry.

I get your take on photos and videos; I'm the exact same and hate people taking my photo cause I look rubbish in them. I doubt that's the case with him though because he's chosen a profession where your face is your fortune. What I've read of Ioan and can see on Alice's Insta there appears to be a disconnect between his public self and his true self:

'When we talk about him being recognised in the street he admits he is thrilled by it, then volunteers, laughing at himself, that he puts makeup on before he leaves the house – “bit of tinted moisturiser, bit of powder” – because when people take selfies with him: “I’m sick of seeing pictures of myself looking like tit.” He grins. “If someone says: ‘Can I take a selfie?’ I’m like: ‘No, let me take it.’ I’ll walk straight up to the window: ‘That light will look great.’ I’m not ashamed to admit that.”
That’s his choice though, on his terms. Just because he’s an actor doesn’t mean he doesn’t get to set some boundaries - in his own home especially! Just because you consent to something in some circumstances doesn’t mean you consent to it in every circumstance. That’s basic. I’m not even arguing that he isn’t vain or doesn’t like attention! I just think that him setting some boundaries around photos of his private life being a sign that he’s a controlling narcissist is way off the mark.

I’m also not saying he’s some angel either - I have no doubt there was secret shagging going on…

Reactions: 9
I think its an advised silence, as in advised by his lawyers to "STFU, no matter what your ex says or does".

Reactions: 12
AE: "This too will pass". She said, hopefully

I wonder if she even wants it to pass. The narc in her loves the attention and she is still gaining twitter followers. Lots of scorned women who can relate I suppose. Or just rubberneckers.

AE on those who question her narrative: nearly ALL are pro Trump or Brexit. What is it about the right wing and lack of empathy?

LOL

AE: A lot of people definitely knew something - for quite a time. That's what makes me feel so humiliated!

What difference does it make? Him getting a gf was always going to cause a meltdown even if they kept it secret before.

AE: I don't mind making people famous. [BW] Fame (from somebody whose more or less been in it for 25 yrs is NOT all it's made out to be.. Let's see how she deals!

Eh, famous? Only C List and through being married to IG.

AE: Why should we keep it all "inside" or "to our friends" (my friends have had enough) or not wash our dirty linen? I've been TOTALLY fucked over to this man and people should know it

So part of why she spews on twitter is because no one else wants to hear it again irl. Don't blame them. She is a broken record.

AE: Ioan possibly he wants out without taking blame, so he 'finds' blame. In me. Certainly none of us understood (Gloria too) his sudden vindictiveness.

Divorce happens. A witch hunt over who is to blame is redundant and hurtful to kids. As if she was blameless??

AE: I seemed to have GAINED 30 pounds in the last year! Every time I've been bereaved/ had a major life tragedy I've lost weight but this is the opposite and I feel awful cos it's just making me feel worse about myself. Hopefully getting it off my chest'll help!

Or maybe exercising and cutting back on the booze?

AE: I don't think anybody is going to imagine he would have an affair with YOU honey...

So she is still being bitchy despite not looking great herself these days...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
It was just mentioned on the ITV This Morning show - They are about to do a phone in on "wronged spouses" In light of Alice's Twitter rants 🤮🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
It was just mentioned on the ITV This Morning show - They are about to do a phone in on "wronged spouses" In light of Alice's Twitter rants 🤮🤣
Just switched over. Aww Dr Chris Steele is really old, shows how often I watch TM.

Reactions: 4
He made a statement - at the start he asked for privacy for the whole family. And as part of the divorce process, the advice given by lawyers, is Don't Comment. I can't see that anything that he could say now would calm her, settle her, get her to get help.
What do you think he should say in a public statement that would help?
I agree it's an advised silence but also calculated within that advice.

No idea what he should say.... But if you're going to release a pic of your new squeeze without a statement I personally feel it slightly contradicts the original statement and therefore speaks more volumes with its silence.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.