Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #4 He’s just not that into you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone is interested in watching Alice act, here is a link to a BBC program she made many years ago called “the best of both worlds”, it’s written by Paul Abbott who created ‘Shameless’. Her performance in it is fine, I suspect she was cast for her command of Italian, as a character leads a double life in Italy. The whole thing is on YouTube so you can watch it all there, it’s quite entertaining.
12 years ago. She was a good looking woman before she mucked about with her lips.

Reactions: 9
Yes, that. But the Psycho Granny Scarf throws in digs all the time because Andrea is a fan of Ioan and because she was genuinely concerned about parental alienation because she’s been through it. Of course the FMs and AE went off the rails.
Deaton runs a FB and twitter IG fan group that many have joined after bailing on the psycho grannies and their page. Her tweets are reasonable which is why AE and her FMs hate them. AE is up to her usual tricks of smearing his fans. They are "fatties" that he would dislike if he even knew who they were. She can't understand that you can be a fan of IG without wanting or expecting to be Mrs G. She was always pathologically jealous even when she had no reason to be. She has no one to do an intervention has her friends have had enough and there is no family in LA either.

I now wonder if AE will end up in a psychiatric facility if she keeps on like this. What is it called in the US when they put you in one against your will but for your own good? It's sectioning in the UK.

Reactions: 9
Deaton runs a FB and twitter IG fan group that many have joined after bailing on the psycho grannies and their page. Her tweets are reasonable which is why AE and her FMs hate them. AE is up to her usual tricks of smearing his fans. They are "fatties" that he would dislike if he even knew who they were. She can't understand that you can be a fan of IG without wanting or expecting to be Mrs G. She was always pathologically jealous even when she had no reason to be. She has no one to do an intervention has her friends have had enough and there is no family in LA either.

I now wonder if AE will end up in a psychiatric facility if she keeps on like this. What is it called in the US when they put you in one against your will but for your own good? It's sectioning in the UK.
It’s called having one committed.
Yes, all that crap about everyone after IG is so effing lame. Lame and obsessive.
Andrea is happily married and has a life and grandchildren. Unlike AE whose only life was IG.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I really hope one the girls just delete her Twitter for her and proceed to smash every device in the house so she can’t tweet whilst pissed.

Parents talk and those poor girls are probably wondering “what the duck has mam said on Twitter now” when parents glance over at them at the school gate.
AE needs to go through Sm detox. 🤣🤣🤣🤪

That Granny Scarf is unhinged and absolutely shouldn't be throwing out comments about the looks of anyone else. Glass houses and throwing stones come to mind.

Reactions: 10
This analysis does not tally with what Ioan himself says in interviews. From the same article I posted earlier:

Gruffudd’s career took off quickly. He had small roles in Titanic and Wilde straight after drama school, then was cast as the lead in the ITV series Hornblower. He made it to Hollywood, with parts in Black Hawk Down and King Arthur, and then as Reed Richards in two Fantastic Four films.

“I sort of assumed that would be a calling card.” But, he says, he failed to take advantage of his profile, and found that work dried up in his 30s. He has said before that he lost his confidence and started seeing a therapist. Does he ever look at the roles other people get and feel envious? “When you’re not working, in Hollywood, you get presented every week with a new poster going up and you know where you are in the pecking order,” he says. “I’ve managed to not suppress that, but to be aware of it and not take any heed of it, because you can’t compete with another actor as far as I’m concerned. The decision that is taken is not in his hands or my hands.” He says he feels genuinely pleased when he sees his peers doing well. “Because if he can do it, then I can do it – that’s how I look at it.”

It was Evans, heavily pregnant with their first daughter, who, as he puts it, staged “an intervention one day and said: ‘We’re going to have to change things up.’” She encouraged him to change his management team. His new manager said: ‘Give me five months, I’m going to put this back on track.’ And she did.” He started picking up lead roles, mainly in television. Liar marked his return to British TV; he also plays the lead, a forensic pathologist, in the Australian drama Harrow.'

I'm guessing you've never been betrayed by people you thought were your friends? You lose all judgement and think *everyone* but you must have known.

Or, a kinder interpretation:

She really really loved him. I think that much is clear. It also explains why she thought every other woman fancied him. You think that when you adore the very bones of someone.
I'm not sure she did, the more this goes on the more obvious it is to me that he was a trophy. As for him being weak, I don't see it, he wanted a marriage like his parents and he stuck with it until it became unbearable. I wonder if her threatening divorce when he was in Australia was the straw, he came back, spent a bit of time at home and realised that actually divorce wasn't such a bad idea after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's called a 5150 hold; it's a California procedure and that's what happened to Britney.

Reactions: 7
12 years ago. She was a good looking woman before she mucked about with her lips.
Yes, she ruined her lips and the left side of her nostrils is too narrow. If she had that side of her nose fixed, something done with her lips, and got healthy again by not drinking, exercising and eating properly “not to mention releasing all her bitterness” she would probably be striking again. I doubt that will happen though.

Reactions: 8
Assuming that AE is telling the truth, and that IG got through to his daughter to explain that BW was just a friend and going back to Oz, why on Earth put it out there that he has a smile on his face because of her. A friend does not decamp half way across the globe, a romantic partner does. On her Instagram, BW is besotted with her dog and references being apart from him for two months.

Has Ioan got her a role on his latest thing filming in France? Rather than her being there as a romantic partner. Might be clutching at straws there to make all the various bits of communication line up!

edit to change printer to partner 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That Granny Scarf is unhinged and absolutely shouldn't be throwing out comments about the looks of anyone else. Glass houses and throwing stones come to mind.
Agree with that comment. She looks like she’s been dragged through a bush backwards.

Why would such a private person who doesn't post often make such a declaration for a friend? Very strange if she's not his gf.

Reactions: 6
Why would such a private person who doesn't post often make such a declaration for a friend? Very strange if she's not his gf.
Yes very good point! I did think it was far fetched but why is he then apparently telling his daughter he doesn’t have a girlfriend? Although we only have AE word for that and she is not necessarily reliable!

Reactions: 6
Has Ioan got her a role on his latest thing filming in France? Rather than her being there as a romantic partner. Might be clutching at straws there to make all the various bits of communication line up!
She is there as his gf imo. And why not? Fancy free hotel and all. It's obviously an expensive production.

AE: I'm happy to let him go. But He should have told the truth about it. To all of us. This morning on the phone he told our youngest (AGAIN) that he didn't have a new girlfriend. That's just mind-games. It's going to be even worse now than when she found out the first time.

LOL yes she is happy to let him go. 🤡

If this is true then IG is a weak people pleaser. The kid will need a lot of therapy.

Reactions: 12

A 5150 I think, I’m sure that’s what happened to Amanda Bynes.

Reactions: 4
well, the other option is that she was and isnt it anymore since his kids are not thrilled (or the criticism etc.). But that would be hilariously bad played LMAO

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She was very attractive when she was younger and probably used to having things her way because of her looks. Unfortunately age is unkind to all of us and particularly to those who have got on in life based on how they look. She may have been able to win him round when she was younger and beautiful but that option is fading away.

Some days I am glad I was born plain!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.