Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tmr26

Have you all seen the BBC adaptation of 'Great Expectations' with Ioan Gruffudd as Pip and Charlotte Rampling as Miss Havisham? It's my favorite. :)

1_iphone.jpg

Reactions: 21

EssieMay

VIP Member
Sigh - what the
Nothing to do with Bianca, or even Ioan I suspect. His lawyers will consider this a normal and necessary step, given the public bile Alice has been spewing. TBH they'd be derelict in their duty if they didn't. Can you imagine if Alice did something awful while the girls were with her and the lawyers had NOT asked for a 730?

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
But there was a HUGE element of "virtue signalling" involved, for Alice. Fighting with people online showed what a great, committed, so-called Progressive person she was. Of course, I believe that fighting with strangers online actually turns off at LEAST as many people as it convinces of your views, and if she REALLY wanted to help her causes I believe that things like volunteering in a campaign office, getting a frickin' job and then donating your earnings to your chosen candidates' campaigns, etc. etc. are a lot more effective than attacking people with foul-mouthed, dukeryln pelmiseds (drunkenly mis-spelled) screeds. A lot of Alice's political ranting stuff isn't actually about wanting to make a difference but rather to show herself as a committed left-wing person and also to let spew some of the rage that is constantly bubbling inside her.
Exactly. Then she sends Ella to a private school so she doesn't have to mix with the likes of Gloria's kids.

• Angry
  • Heart

sleeptime

I remember reading on here that he was friends with Matthew Rhys, are they still friends? I only know who he is due to watching The Americans. He's married to Keri Russell. Between them, they have three kids (she has two from a previous marriage and they have one together). Looks like it is possible to have children and both work as actors. I think Alice can't admit to herself that her career hasn't worked out for other reasons, she has to tell herself it is due to having children. She can't accept any other reason. There is no shame in failing, it happens to many of us in many different circumstances in our lives and we have to reassess, recalibrate and pick a new path. There's nothing wrong in being a SAHM either, it's just that she doesn't seem that interested in the children and she needed a life outside the home, whether that was a new career, hobbies or a social circle. She has cast herself as Ioan's wife and become unhealthily dependent on him for interaction and for status, she doesn't seem to have anything outside that, even a hobby. I'm a SAHM and you need to keep a piece of yourself too and think about the future.

• Heart

GoLibrarianPoo

VIP Member
@Penguin86
Aw lovely I'm really sorry to hear that. It looked like it was a stressful evening and I'm not surprised it brought up a lot of triggering memories and emotions ❤ I'm glad I missed it in real time! I've had similar moments with the other site threads and had to step away because it was just too like being mentally transported back into my abusers world.
It's really awful to feel those feelings again and they don't seem to lessen through the years when they are triggered.

Please take care of yourself, I hope you are eating lovely things, being cuddled by your fur baby and that you get a good rest soon x

• Heart

Tootler

Sorry for massively over sharing but you seem like a good bunch :)
Your story, and the moral of the story, is AWESOME. I'm so glad you "overshared" and I completely agreed. Alice has revealed herself to be vindictive, unhinged, cruel and crass: no chance of Ioan wanting her back. But if from day 1 she'd gone totally silent, shut her social media accounts, got on with her life, Ioan might have at least harboured moments of wondering if he'd made a Huge mistake.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
about the new Instagram posts, I think Alice is back into grieving what she has lost. Or she is trying to remind her ex how good life was. She mentioned in a post somewhere - was he pretending how happy we were in Russia, so presumably that was a good trip for them. There has definitely been a toning down of the childish tweets which personally attack BW and IG - some kind of legal shut the fuck up has been given to her. So now she is back doing the memory lane thing. I doubt IG follows her now, BW and her friends and family do for sure, plus IG’s team (agent and legal). If she is hoping IG is going to see photos of them and melt, I think she needs to wake up.

She thinks she is using her anger and hurt positively as it is like lancing a boil for her, but the relief is temporary. To really move forward with positivity she should completely retreat from social media, get in shape, lose any addictions she may have, and emerge in about a year’s time in a completely different mindset. She is going to have a lot of free time on her hands, time when the kids are with IG. She needs to use that time to get well. The alternative is her sitting in the dark, angrily stabbing at a keyboard, or sobbing after looking at pictures of IG, getting more out of shape and further and further away from pulling it back to some type of normality.

• Heart

GoLibrarianPoo

VIP Member
Thread suggestion:
Alice ft Scooby-Doo "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you evaluating the kids!"

• Haha

EllaBella89

VIP Member
So Alice has an affinity for languages and finding out stuff, I’m sure GCHQ are kicking themselves for letting her slip through their fingers! 😂🕵🏻‍♀️
I have zero common sense but I’m okay with languages as I speak Welsh & Japanese fluently. But anything related to maths, no no no. She doesn’t strike me as overly intelligent… she can be relatively articulate and well spoken (when she wants to be) but having perused her socials, she has no original or profound thought on anything sociopolitical - she just likes to hop on her high horse and slap down anyone with a differing opinion by telling them to fuck off. Ah yes, the hallmark of high intelligence!

• Heart

M33L4

VIP Member
Already checked out would be more apt.

I think he might have been really considering ending the marriage at that point. She was obnoxious and constantly recorded him & the girls and posted it straight to social media with captions stating he didn’t want her to.
When you’re constantly breaking boundaries it becomes exhausting and a long battle.

eta I don’t think he was having an affair at that point or that he had one with BW at any point.

Just William

VIP Member
@clarkees
Maybe it’s the poor nights sleep, maybe it’s just a thought: them having Children so far into their relationship… I think the children
were always to be a bargaining tool for her. I don’t think she necessarily wanted to be a mother (judging by those pics of the kids when
they were diddy and she was still like a fly on shit to him, she didn’t seem maternal then) and that they were an additional extension of
her to keep hold of him (isn’t this a classic thing that narcs do?). She basically just birthed a couple of people who will feel
emotionally attached to her and she can make them feel bad if they ever want rid of her. Her comments around the prenup where basically
she thought it would never get used so she didn’t really mind about the contents? I do really think that the girls were her just creating
a unit based around herself so she was trapping him into the relationship, the way she talks also as if she was his saviour (career and
mentally) just makes me think she spent years battering him down to keep him low and herself the centre of his world.

Please tell me if I’m being too unfair with this comment and I will remove it.

ETA: I’m not a mother, nor do I want children so perhaps my opinion and view differs from others due to this.
Neither am I & not unfair at all given her behaviour. I myself wonder how a woman who genuinely loves her children could ever treat those poor girls the way she does? That sickening remark she made while filming IG & little E having a cuddle ("get a room") spoke volumes as she's clearly jealous of the girls relationship with their dad. AE wants all the attention focused on her all the time. A normal (non Narc) mum would surely melt & think what a sweet moment, but not Alice. Foul.

• Heart

AnneinHever

VIP Member
He had her beliefs for the most part. She wanted him on his Instagram and twitter using it for all of the issues going on that year, election year. He voted for Biden. That's how he supports his beliefs on issues, voting. He is an actor. He didn't want to wade into it on his social media platforms. That's his right. He's not some A-list actor. And I believe there was more to the tweets, saying something about how he didn't support her. Someone can remember back to those tweets better than me. I believe it was because she was probably getting into it on twitter with people about the election and wanted him on twitter backing her up. I may be misremembering or misinterpreting what I read in the rest of the tweets, though.
I think that’s how we should all show our political beliefs, by voting instead of fighting with strangers online. It’s ridiculous.

• Heart

M33L4

VIP Member
Can I add, there’s a reason she’s not allowed anywhere near him. If this were a woman with what looks like a restraining order from an ex (not current Alice!) we’d be up in arms defending her. Then if that man were to be behaving like AE is just now, refusing to hand the kids over 50/50 despite it being mandated we’d be going in to get them out A-Team style.
We’re only getting “her” truth that even she can’t decide what’s true or not.
The only thing I agree with her about is contact with BW, seeing as we don’t know her family situation or thoughts I’ll reserve any comment on that.
There’s legislation where I live, the welfare of the children is paramount. I think we can all agree on that.

• Heart

IKickLikeKatya

VIP Member
Unless I somehow see a 'home video' of IG and BW with absolute proof of date, I'm not going to draw any conclusions about their relationship, or even speculate :cool:

Junebug895

Chatty Member
No celebrity is going to publicly stick their neck out too far for Ioan, for a number of reasons. Alice is playing the heartbroken, gaslit, abused woman on the verge of a breakdown too well for anyone too high profile to criticise her. They won’t look too deeply into it and see it for what it really is. Kind of annoying, but everyone is out for themselves and all about their own public image, especially in the post Weinstein climate. It’s all PR, PR, PR.
And that's why I love that we have Tattle. Do we care about our public images? Hell no! We have none 😅💪🤫

• Haha
  • Heart