Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for your input. I think most Tattlers are struggling to understand her behavior. And I would say IG was more than naieve. He was a virtual “babe in the woods” and prime pickings for AE which is really sad.

Reactions: 5
Just caught up on this whole thread and up for work in 6 hours! But it’s been worth it aha what a rollercoaster it’s been! most confusing trying to work out in my brain if IG is for insta or Ioan Gruffud 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Having been raised by one, I think AE is a text book borderline (BPD).

1. Sterotypical 'I hate you don't leave me' behaviour
  2. Fear of abandonment and being left alone
  3. Unstable relationships
  4. Impulsive and destructive behaviours
  5. Extreme emotional mood swings
  6. Chronic feelings of emptiness
  7. Explosive anger

If you try to leave a borderline they will go to extreme lengths to exact revenge on you and I mean extreme lengths. You cannot reason with them.

If IG was a naive guy when she met him he was prime bait for her. She would have love bombed him and then the battle commenced.

I cannot begin to tell you the distruction a BPD causes on your life (if indeed you manage to get out alive). There are recovery forums for people who have had a blood or chosen relationship with them and they don't make pretty reading.

AE is displaying textbook BPD behaviour and IG is running for his life.
Hey, just stepping in to say I have BPD and, though your initial listing of symptoms are most of the definitive ones used to make a diagnosis...a lot of what you subsequently stated was judgmental and out of line.

I didn't "exact revenge" on the person I loved who left me. Instead, I stopped attending classes, ignored any and all contact from my friends, and one night left my apartment & wandered into a damn blizzard trying to find a place in a neighborhood park to lie down and sleep so I could, you know, maybe die. There was no "exacting revenge" on him. I didn't attempt to ruin him, ever, as I loved him too much to do so. I tried to ruin me. I was punishing myself for having not been good enough to make him happy. Were my emotions completely out of control that night (to name just one instance)? Absolutely. Absolutely. But that's BPD when you're at rock-bottom.

We also have the highest suicide rates than any other mental illness and 10% of us who see therapists off ourselves anyway.
There's a detail you forgot in your comment.

I didn't expect to pop in here and get upset, tbh. I'm literally trembling. Having been raised by a Borderline doesn't make you a Borderline, so unless you also actually understand the immensely complicated existence that is living with BPD & having to relearn on a daily basis how to emotionally stabilize yourself to let people love you well and to love them well in return, I strongly suggest you consider next time that not everyone in here is on the outside of Borderline Personality Disorder looking in, and that you're contributing to a really crappy stigma that silences me and people like me who are just looking for help in this life.

Your comment was uncalled for, but maybe my opinion of it doesn't matter because I "can't be reasoned with."
(Sorry, everyone else, back to regularly scheduled programming.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
@TapToBoreMeRigid and @MissMissMissy

I’m just relieved y’all are here and honest about having it, too. My impulsivity and intense feelings have made me do some pretty harmful things; that’s why suicide rates are skyrocketing. I read my old journals back when I was unmedicated and I can only make it through a few entries before I encounter a page that’s crumpled at the edges or the ink is smudged from a sobbing episode I can’t remember having. I don't defend BPD behavior—I defend people who didn't ask for BPD but got BPD anyway. No one wishes to feel this broken, nor alienate themselves from people they love, nor alienate others from loving them. It’s a rough ride but I’m confident we’re going to be ok. 💚 Thanks to everyone else in here who let me share my dismay yesterday, wasn’t trying to drag us off-track but tit like that needs calling in.

So, friends, any updates from AE on IG? (That’s “Instagram,” Daddy Cool, not Ioan, haha.) I blocked her there so I’m in the dark.

Also I’m rewatching Hornblower in some weird effort to express solidarity lol. Read some interviews from him around that time, too—I don’t know him but, as I have previously stated, he really seems to be a mellow dude.

I honestly look forward to who he is going to become after this is finished, or who he’s becoming as we speak. He has definitely changed quite a bit from young-Ioan…but that seems to come with Hollywood exposure and just plain growing up! (God, could you imagine if we never parted with our old selves??? I would have definitely fulfilled my childhood dream by now of becoming both a firefighter AND a guinea pig.)

I wonder if this divorce is granting him some much-deserved agency and self-empowerment, if it’ll make him dig a little deeper into past dreams or explore new ones and figure out how those will be achieved, if he’s learning what constitutes having a toxic relationship vs. a healthy one and will evaluate any future interactions with that precious knowledge. I dunno, I’m trying to be optimistic!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
she is probably both that and a narc
So, friends, any updates from AE on IG? (That’s “Instagram,” Daddy Cool, not Ioan, haha.) I blocked her there so I’m in the dark.
She posted a few days ago all the good people in her life: her childhood friends, brother, sister in law (and her parents). A picture of the girls and the nanny captioned with "my family, our house" (there is a message in there). A picture of her youngest trying to write "I love mom", and last night she posted a video of her eldest helping the youngest to read. Obviously all of those posts received the typical "you are a great mom" responses and some underhanded remarks about him. Certainly what she is fishing for.

She mentioned a few hours ago that she tries to write a book but cant get motivated. Asked if it was a autobiography or fiction she said fiction. So much for the tell all book - or has she created enough self awareness to call it fiction? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She mentioned a few hours ago that she tries to write a book but cant get motivated. Asked if it was a autobiography or fiction she said fiction. So much for the tell all book - or has she created enough self awareness to call it fiction? 😁
I rather guess that it will be a book that is inspired by (her very own) "reality". This way she'd be able to satisfy the curiosity of her fans and avoid being dragged to court by Ioan..

• Angry
A very quick response to the BPD comments. I honestly don’t believe Ena Sharples meant insult or harm by the comment. Many have mentioned on here before that AE seemed to have BPD. And those symptoms were what she experienced with a parent,
That parent could well have the comorbidities of Narcissistic Personality Disorder to go along with it. And BPD can have different symptoms in different people.
I have sympathy for those of you struggling, I truly do. But I’m trying to be fair.
Back to our topic of discussion. AE who may have multiple diagnoses, chiefly narcissism IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Having been raised by one, I think AE is a text book borderline (BPD).

1. Sterotypical 'I hate you don't leave me' behaviour
  2. Fear of abandonment and being left alone
  3. Unstable relationships
  4. Impulsive and destructive behaviours
  5. Extreme emotional mood swings
  6. Chronic feelings of emptiness
  7. Explosive anger

If you try to leave a borderline they will go to extreme lengths to exact revenge on you and I mean extreme lengths. You cannot reason with them.

If IG was a naive guy when she met him he was prime bait for her. She would have love bombed him and then the battle commenced.

I cannot begin to tell you the distruction a BPD causes on your life (if indeed you manage to get out alive). There are recovery forums for people who have had a blood or chosen relationship with them and they don't make pretty reading.

AE is displaying textbook BPD behaviour and IG is running for his life.
Tbh I don’t think she has BPD. She is probably had a bad mental breakdown and if she’s been drinking with no mental help it’s just gonna get worse.

I don’t like the current trend of people diagnosing personality disorders especially a mental disorder like BPD as even doctors and psychologists aren’t sure what BPD is or how it works and how to diagnose it correctly is as it manifests into many different symptoms and the symptoms you talked about are just the most common regarding BPD but they are also common with multiple mental illnesses.

Personality disorders are actually quite rare, they’re only now quite prevalent as now people are finding out what they are and how to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Tbh I don’t think she has BPD. She is probably had a bad mental breakdown and if she’s been drinking with no mental help it’s just gonna get worse.

I don’t like the current trend of people diagnosing personality disorders especially a mental disorder like BPD as even doctors and psychologists aren’t sure what BPD is or how it works and how to diagnose it correctly is as it manifests into many different symptoms and the symptoms you talked about are just the most common regarding BPD but they are also common with multiple mental illnesses.

Personality disorders are actually quite rare, they’re only now quite prevalent as now people are finding out what they are and how to work.
I don’t think we’re diagnosing. We’re just speculating, ruminating, whatever to try and figure out why she behaves in such an ott way. There’s no way we can officially diagnose her. I’m merely going by the experience of growing up with a person who had very similar behaviors. It’s extremely interesting and different the way this has played out.

One thing about AE is clear. There’s something not right about her, and I don’t think she’s a nice person. At all.

Reactions: 8

Personality disorders, especially BDP, are also frequently misdiagnosed in women with ADHD and ASD.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think we’re diagnosing. We’re just speculating, ruminating, whatever to try and figure out why she behaves in such an ott way. There’s no way we can officially diagnose her. I’m merely going by the experience of growing up with a person who had very similar behaviors. It’s extremely interesting and different the way this has played out.

One thing about AE is clear. There’s something not right about her, and I don’t think she’s a nice person. At all.
This. It seems like a handful of us have had experience with a cluster B personality disorders and are using our experience to process the truly bizarre behavior AE is exhibiting. I, personally, see a ton of similarities with how she is acting and my NPD mother, but due to co-morbidities and being in the same cluster I can see how BPD would ping for someone who grew up with or around it. I would also wager that offense isn't meant because I think we all know that not everyone with a personality disorder will present the same. Isn't this why BPD in particular is so difficult to diagnose correctly?

I'm somewhat wary of the rareness of personality disorders. I think that they are more prevalent than documented numbers because they still aren't fully understood and take a lot to get diagnosed properly. I also can't help but wonder if it's not somewhat like the boom in ADD/ADHD diagnoses in the 1990's. It took 90-something years for doctors to be able to more efficiently understand and diagnose ADHD. I sometimes can't help but wonder what personality disorder numbers will look like when there is a better understanding with medical professionals and more efficient ways to diagnose people. But I'm also a cynic that grew up with an NPD parent and around the industry in Hollywood so I'm of the belief that the entertainment industry disproportionately attracts those with certain personality disorders/mental health issues because it's a truly grim industry to survive in, especially for the above-the-line folks, so I'm going to see this situation with AE and IG through that perspective since all we can do is speculate really.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I would like to remind everyone to please vote for the next thread title. Soon we’ll be at 1000 again and will need that new title. Everyone can vote, whether you’re actively commenting or not. Or if you have a great idea for the next thread please submit it. The title with the most likes will win. 😄

she is probably both that and a narcShe posted a few days ago all the good people in her life: her childhood friends, brother, sister in law (and her parents). A picture of the girls and the nanny captioned with "my family, our house" (there is a message in there). A picture of her youngest trying to write "I love mom", and last night she posted a video of her eldest helping the youngest to read. Obviously all of those posts received the typical "you are a great mom" responses and some underhanded remarks about him. Certainly what she is fishing for.

I dislike those underhanded comments by AE’s cult followers/flying monkeys intensely. But she obviously loves them because they can be the ones being hateful about her stbx keeping her out of hot water at least temporarily. And give her the attention she desperately craves since her supply left her.

Last edited:
Late thread suggestion Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #3: we can only communicate through the wizard, the wonderful wizard of divorce

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Does anyone have the receipts from AE’s meltdown after Christmas when she presumably was told by IG that he was leaving? Please, if you don’t mind?

Reactions: 2
I just noticed her liking this
I believe they do and they seem to be mature and typical kid that parents post on social media. Generally kids care more about strangers trolling parents or attacking parents then strangers knowing their grades.
You mean like their dad?

Does anyone have the receipts from AE’s meltdown after Christmas when she presumably was told by IG that he was leaving? Please, if you don’t mind?
I posted them here https://tattle.life/threads/ioan-gruffudd-alice-evans.16444/page-9#post-5801115
I am assuming that this was it because it was only a few days before the official seperation date on the divorce papers (you cant lie about them because that's how they determine your current wealth), and from that point on she was constantly dropping hints on twitter that she is being mistreated/unhappy, etc. without mentioning him (until she did). Wasnt the case until then, even if she mentioned a few times that he had told her that he no longer loves her, but she seemed way more upbeat until that specific point, probably still hoping/being in denial etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.