Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AE has calmed down a bit since getting triggered by IG on the red carpet. I wonder what her next trigger will be? I looked at some photos of that event and although he looks very good I decided he also seemed stressed and uncomfortable. He kept his hands out of view which makes me wonder if he bites his nails when under stress. If this seems like I’m looking for things that aren’t there I’m not. I’m just notice things others may not.
It’s possible he didn’t have his wedding ring on (like at the beach) and didn’t want that to be the main focus of his first time on the red carpet since the split.

Reactions: 3
Yep. If he looked up CP & she was aware she’s complicit in a crime for not reporting it. We’re not the first one to say that. And if he did that why on Earth was she “fighting against” the separation? Why’d she say the other night that she considered him her winning lotto ticket up until he began pulling away and said didn’t love her anymore? If I caught my husband doing that I’d be sickened and get my young daughters away from him as fast as possible, not cry on Twitter about him leaving ME!
That’s it exactly. She’s lying! This particular issue just makes my blood boil and why I call her awful. No matter how angry and hurt you are I find her saying this morally reprehensible.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I just noticed while cleaning up my hard disk two tweets from a few days ago I missed, which make me laugh a bit

Just to get this straight: wouldnt it be much easier to say awful things without that App? Things you say on there can be used against you, in-person not. That app also appears to have a negative sentiment score system. She somehow uses the opposite logic for him about the things she complains about for herself, but then again are we surprised after we saw what sort of communication gets her triggered? Does she define saying awful things as him letting her run into the trap because he knows what he needs to say without sounding unreasonable to make her angry on there?
(also that's one interesting definition of trying to shut your mouth lol)

Later she said that she doesnt like using that app because you pay for spur of the moment angry reactions with your livelihood in court. If there is no risk of him going this far what's the problem then?
Even if she didnt agreed using it, in a high conflict divorce (where anything that is said will be spun) the court will expect you to use it, otherwise it will be (rightfully) seen as you refusing to communicate, not him.

• Heart
One thing I wondered (and I know some of you have been following A and I for a long time) but why didn't A maybe go visit him or stay on location with him, the children and the Nanny?

Not perhaps every time, but some times or even for a little holiday/break/long weekend?

It feels like she's felt alone with the children and left behind, so I couldn't understand why she didn't go with him on location (I know other actors/actresses do this with their families and bring Tutors for older ones).

Oh and also, how long would this divorce take?

Reactions: 4
One thing I wondered (and I know some of you have been following A and I for a long time) but why didn't A maybe go visit him or stay on location with him, the children and the Nanny?

Not perhaps every time, but some times or even for a little holiday/break/long weekend?

It feels like she's felt alone with the children and left behind, so I couldn't understand why she didn't go with him on location (I know other actors/actresses do this with their families and bring Tutors for older ones).

They actually visited him. I know that they did for at least one season (out of three) of Harrow for a few weeks, and both seasons of Liar. He also flew back during Forever after every other weekend back home and they visited him on set a few times too (was in New York, so much closer).

One example: between October 2018 and june 2019 Alice kept saying that he is 9 or 10 months straight gone, but in reality he was back home for christmas, then another week in march (between projects) and then they visited him in april for a few weeks. And before he went away they spend the whole summer on holidays in Italy and France. That's all things you can gather from her twitter and IG. She always made his absence sound more dramatic than it actually was (even if he was gone a lot, obviously)

I guess properly going with him everywhere was not an option. Tutors are pretty damn expensive for such a long time and it's uprooting the kids too much probably.

Divorces take at least half a year in Cali, but the average in California is more like 1.5 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I wish I knew the answer to this question myself. Probably as long as AE can drag it out and still survive financially. 😁

They actually visited him. I know that they did for at least one season (out of three) of Harrow for a few weeks, and both seasons of Liar. He also flew back during Forever after every other weekend back home and they visited him on set a few times too (was in New York, so much closer).

One example: between October 2018 and june 2019 Alice kept saying that he is 9 or 10 months straight gone, but in reality he was back home for christmas, then another week in march (between projects) and then they visited him in april for a few weeks. And before he went away they spend the whole summer on holidays in Italy and France. That's all things you can gather from her twitter and IG. She always made his absence sound more dramatic than it actually was (even if he was gone a lot, obviously)

I guess properly going with him everywhere was not an option. Tutors are pretty damn expensive for such a long time and it's uprooting the kids too much probably.

Divorces take at least half a year in Cali, but the average in California is more like 1.5 years.
It sounds like AE has been embellishing the truth for a while now.

Reactions: 2
Thank you for the replies, I did feel that having gone through so very much (IVF) to have those beautiful children, it would be so unlikely for him to just disconnect like that for work.

wow it just feels like forever on this divorce, it's so painful for all of them.

I understand you can fall fully and totally in love and totally feel the words "till death do us part". It feels like a bereavement when a relationship like that breaks (for whatever reason). Sometimes when there isn't another party involved, it can feel even worse because in time you realise, there isn't another person to hold to blame (even if they aren't entirely or at all the right person to blame). That's when you realise you changed, they changed, something changed and that was why it fell apart.

You can see she's hurt and confused and broken, but..... in times like this, written words come back to bite you. Feelings being outpoured in public are there for others to review and comment on. This should be a private time. Most celebs do opt for the wording along the lines of "the family asks for privacy at this difficult time" so they can process things privately.

I can see she often writes that the two little girls have every right to see, hear and know every step of the journey. But I can say from personal understandings, that it matters not if one parent is a :poop:. It's not fair or right to keep hammering your pain into the child's mind and heart. One day, that child will become an adult, with their own opinions, views and beliefs. If you stand back a little (always keeping them safe and loved) they will form their own views of each party.

Right now, they may feel Dad has left them at a painful time, with a Mum who is not handling it well at all. They may feel abandoned, confused and frightened over all the changes happening (will they move home, will they move school, will they keep the nanny). The times they speak to their Dad should be peaceful, calm and relaxed. Not spent with one eye on a pained Mum who wants to steal a few of those precious moments for herself.

She needs to discuss children things (like school) privately over the wizard. She should encourage both girls to engage with Dad. She should ask any questions on how the boiler works, what light bulbs need changing (she always says bits around the house don't work and only he knows about them) again, on the wizard.

If she'd stepped back down a few gears, he may have had breathing space to see if it's defo over for him. Or at least felt they could be civil and polite to each other. This non stop anger is driving a larger gap between them and making sure there is no way back ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe she should learn to do the things around the house and then she wouldn't need to rely on a man.
But she won't because then she wouldn't have a bullshit excuse to interfere.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The infamous Botox AE made sure to tell everyone he gets, maybe? 🤦🏽‍♀️

I wondered if he kept his hands mostly behind his back to avoid tabloid rumors about him and any new costars (like there were about him and Ella Newton) if he had placed a friendly arm around anyone. Or yet another article pointing out that he’s not wearing his ring (of course he wouldn’t be, but I’m sure we all remember the tabloids pointing it out in every new paparazzi photo taken post-separation). I do think he bites his nails too as I’ve noticed in a film they looked chewed down before.
I have no doubt this is stressful for him. He used to grind his teeth at night even before this. I notice he wears a mask a lot so it's hard to read his body language.

Divorce is doubly hard if the ex goes public. I think AE is doing this to punish him.
Ding ding ding - I reckon it’s because whenever he shows his hands, an article is written. I’d bet money on it.

And yeah, he probably does get Botox. No shame in that game 🤷🏼‍♀️

Does anyone know how long they’ve had their nanny? I’m surprised AE gets along with her.
Couple of years. She had a fight with the previous one iirc

edited to add: from her twitter in may 2016
I did have an adopted mother-figure, but she turned on me one day o er something very trivial. She later apologized and asked to come back (she was our nanny) but the hub wouldn't let me take her back and now I see that he was right. I had an AWFUL step-mother, who wasted no time in telling my father what a bad person I was, and a pretty mean mother-in-law who made it very clear from our first meting that I wasn't what she'd been expecting for her son! So when Rosario came along I thought 'this HAS t be it!' Eh no. Now I'm just working on giving love to others. If somebody comes along for me then great - if not, i can do fine as an orphan!
last mention of that nanny on twitter was june 2015. First mention of the current one February 2016

Maybe she should learn to do the things around the house and then she wouldn't need to rely on a man.
But she won't because then she wouldn't have a bullshit excuse to interfere.
It gets me that she portrays this as if he is the only person in the universe who can fix stuff.

She's also inevitably (even if unintentionally) portraying it as if women are not expected to maintain a house. With all the talk about women rights and whatever this seems rather counterproductive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I want to thank you guys so much for introducing me to Alice Evans Twitter. Not just for the woman scorned on steroids stuff - which was pretty interesting - but for Ted Lasso which is now one of my all time favourite shows. If you haven’t seen it, you’re in for a treat.

Alice mentioned watching it on one of her tweets (in between the ranty ones) and, in the spirit of the great Ted Lasso, I am choosing to give Alice a pass on her crazy. She’s going through something pretty life changing, doesn’t seem to have any real support and appears to be self medicating. I hope she manages to come out the other side soon.

This only applies to Alice as thanks for the recommendation, all other celebs are still fair game 😉
No one should ever get a pass for emotionally and mentally damaging their children. Thousands and thousands and THOUSANDNS of women go through this literally everyday and don't behave this badly!

That’s it exactly. She’s lying! This particular issue just makes my blood boil and why I call her awful. No matter how angry and hurt you are I find her saying this morally reprehensible.
You and @bluecandle are so right on this! I'm actually so excited that other people are seeing and speaking out about it, at least here. It is absolutely horrible what she is doing! Evil!

Go along with me, here: The boy was a catch in the 90s/early 2000s, and he still is (!), but he has changed in facial appearance...and I'm not just referring to the work of natural, beautiful aging. This is speculation, I'll be honest about that, and you're entitled to call me in if it goes too far, but remember when I mentioned that I think Hollywood jaded him a bit? Well, at times I fear that Hollywood (or maybe even just Ioan himself!!!) cultivated some self-image issues over the years. We all have a few of our own, but when you actually have financial access to undergo procedures that can correct what you're feeling self-conscious about, it becomes an entirely different reality.

I think of him and I do sense image insecurity. It has been said quite a few times that he seems highly concerned about how he looks in the public eye, in terms of reputation and physical appearance, that he wears makeup when he goes out and, hell, he even stated during an interview that when fans request selfies, he is often the one choosing the best lighting and snapping the photo because he "doesn't like looking like tit." Add to that the brutal stigma associated with having cosmetic procedures, and add to that Alice Evans having so nonexistent a filter that she actually feels entitled to just shout into a cyber-megaphone the fact that he has indeed undergone such procedures...and you might have one very self-conscious, dwindling-self-esteem Ioan Gruffudd.
I think what has happened is that he is just open about his insecurities, maybe not to the point of admitting any cosmetic procedures (and remember, we still don't know this to be true), but he has openly spoken in interviews about his insecurities, his panic attacks. So we know this info as opposed to other celebs/actors, most would never talk about this kind of stuff. But we know they all have those insecurities, they just don't talk about it. I'm sure that more celebs bite their nails, have anxiety, and other issues, than don't have them. We just don't hear about it. Most of them may have drinking or drug problems but we don't hear about them unless they either admit it or the tabs expose them. I'd say the fact that he's open about it shows he's definitely well-adjusted, more "normal" than most celebs and I would even say more morally sound than most celebs. Just my HO.

Incidentally, AE has lied about so much that I don't believe anything she says. I know there are others that feel the same. If she ever does tell a truth on social media, how will we know? She'll be the woman who cried wolf.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I hate to always bring up the Tara Reade got raped by Biden story as an example because I myself have the same opinion about her as Alice, but it's kinda funny reading her tweets about this matter now back

AE: I don't really have any family left... Just my brother and sister in law.

She has 2 brothers. Is she not speaking to the other one?

As for her politicial posturing, I am sure Glenn Greenwald was schooled!! 😄

Reactions: 1
AE: I don't really have any family left... Just my brother and sister in law.

She has 2 brothers. Is she not speaking to the other one?
They had a fight on twitter last year

(btw her brother does tweet, but it's mostly conspiracy crap)

She wasnt talking to this brother either for years (hence why until a few months ago she said she has no family anymore at all), but he got into hospital and needed a kidney, so they made up again.

AE fights with everyone i
I just noticed while cleaning up my hard disk two tweets from a few days ago I missed, which make me laugh a bit

Just to get this straight: wouldnt it be much easier to say awful things without that App? Things you say on there can be used against you, in-person not. That app also appears to have a negative sentiment score system. She somehow uses the opposite logic for him about the things she complains about for herself, but then again are we surprised after we saw what sort of communication gets her triggered? Does she define saying awful things as him letting her run into the trap because he knows what he needs to say without sounding unreasonable to make her angry on there?
(also that's one interesting definition of trying to shut your mouth lol)

Later she said that she doesnt like using that app because you pay for spur of the moment angry reactions with your livelihood in court. If there is no risk of him going this far what's the problem then?
Even if she didnt agreed using it, in a high conflict divorce (where anything that is said will be spun) the court will expect you to use it, otherwise it will be (rightfully) seen as you refusing to communicate, not him.
AE has been ordered to use that app by the lawyers or the court so she has no choice. And as you said he can’t say awful things or tear her apart without it being documented so she’s lying again.

She’s being “pulled apart”by the lawyers for her public defamatory tweets about her soon to be ex husband. Not her husband as she says. Just because she can’t stand not being able to rage and scream at IG to try and get him to come back. That’s what I believe she’s trying to do. It must have worked for her in the past.
I had to laugh about the keeping her mouth shut. 😏

About IG wanting to keep from going to court because “things” about him will come out? That’s a lie too because they will go to court eventually.

Reactions: 1
AE: I did NOT commandeer!

Oh yes you did. She still thinks she has a right to talk to him face to face. This is also why she is using Ella as a pawn to get him to visit the house, for the same reason. The entitlement is off the charts.

I also had a look at her Insta from back in the day. She was always bossing him about. She even wanted him to do the listings for her purses on Etsy. Which gets followed by #ioandidnthelpatall

She also craves public attention. She used to do a lot of giveaways back then as a way to get attention and likes.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think it's almost guaranteed that when the divorce is finalised there will be a deluge of posts about how unfair it is and the lawyers twisted it all etc etc

Reactions: 5
AE: I did NOT commandeer!

Oh yes you did. She still thinks she has a right to talk to him face to face. This is also why she is using Ella as a pawn to get him to visit the house, for the same reason. The entitlement is off the charts.

I also had a look at her Insta from back in the day. She was always bossing him about. She even wanted him to do the listings for her purses on Etsy. Which gets followed by #ioandidnthelpatall

She also craves public attention. She used to do a lot of giveaways back then as a way to get attention and likes.
Personally I believe a part of her loves all this attention on Tattlelife. God knows she’s sent enough people here. I believe people watching these threads has gone up by nearly 100k since she advertised it!

I just am wondering what will happen over the holidays? If she doesn’t have both kids at Christmas I predict she’ll go batshit crazier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Having been raised by one, I think AE is a text book borderline (BPD).

1. Sterotypical 'I hate you don't leave me' behaviour
  2. Fear of abandonment and being left alone
  3. Unstable relationships
  4. Impulsive and destructive behaviours
  5. Extreme emotional mood swings
  6. Chronic feelings of emptiness
  7. Explosive anger

If you try to leave a borderline they will go to extreme lengths to exact revenge on you and I mean extreme lengths. You cannot reason with them.

If IG was a naive guy when she met him he was prime bait for her. She would have love bombed him and then the battle commenced.

I cannot begin to tell you the distruction a BPD causes on your life (if indeed you manage to get out alive). There are recovery forums for people who have had a blood or chosen relationship with them and they don't make pretty reading.

AE is displaying textbook BPD behaviour and IG is running for his life.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.