Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree he should be contactable because of the kids, but either he was away all the time and was never around so she had to do all the caring all the time, or he did all the maintenance on the house and sorted everything out. Which one was it? Did he do all the maintenance remotely from Australia? Why can she not find out who did the maintenance? She can clearly use the internet to tweet, why cant she google maintenance people? It all sounds very odd. To be honest, he probably doesn't want to set foot in the house because of the grief she will give him, or because he is furious with her for having conversations with strangers on Twitter about his every move or because his lawyers have told him not to communicate with her directly because she will spill everything. She sounds like a nightmare.

View attachment 684166

If spousal support is calculated on his last 3 years income, she needs to STFU because she is trying to destroy his career, so she will be getting 10% of nothing! If she doesn't want to work she is dependent on his money. That unfortunately is the payoff. Her kids are old enough to only need out of school care. If she wanted to, she could do some small parts in things for a few weeks at a time. There are many actresses who are single parents. They still manage to work. Especially in LA. Maybe she just cant get work because of her reputation.
Aye, I remember her ranting on twitter somewhere towards the end of 2019 about the casting director during a audition (i think because she had to wait a few hours? dont remember exactly) and she mentioned that her own agent called her horrible (and ironically it was Ioan who defended her). I doubt that she has a great reputation. It also raises my eyebrows that they have a nanny. Sure, they are rich enough for this (and she does have fibro), but shouldnt the existence of a nanny plus kids that are half of the day in school make working a no-brainer no matter if the husband is around or not?

Reactions: 6
Hi there, I’ve followed Alice for ages (mainly through Ioan) and I think when she started bringing everything up about Ioan and the Weinstein incident I think that unsettled him, he’s quite a private guy and I don’t think he wanted that out there. I also think his career going from strength to strength and hers not really must have taken its toll on them both sadly. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reactions: 2
I'm always sympathetic to someone who has been dumped for someone else, but she did the same to Olivier Picasso to whom she was in a long-term relationship with to go off with Ioan. He's not spoken a word about Alice since they broke up.

Reactions: 12
I totally agree @welp

I found it really strange, too. I don't understand their reasoning. Some would think it's because their friends, but what their constant bashing is damaging an already toxic situation and I am not surprised he blocked them. They've crossed so many boundaries doing this and sharing little details here and there. It's not their place to insert their views on the matter.

A real friend would tell you to come offline - which is probably what's happened with Ioan. I also didn't believe that it was their actions that got Ioan work. That's just laughable.

I honestly think he adored Alice. All the red carpets showed this and so did his interviews where he talks about her at length - but we all know love doesn't last and he has been absent for years due to work. Thus I don't believe this situation warrants such dislike for him when many don't know the story. On the other hand, the way Alice has spoken about Ioan over the years on Twitter wasn't right - especially when she brought up the whole 'he wants to have a talk with me about my Social Media use'. That's a betrayal of trust and quite dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She is being pathetic. Phone a maintenance man...he will tell you what is wrong! How did she survive while Ioan was away working all those months!
She is acting like a teenager who has broken up with her first boyfriend and wants revenge on him....not a grown woman with 2 kids...
She seriously needs help

Reactions: 11
She's posting loads of photos of her modeling when younger lately. She's definitely undergoing another stage of this ongoing "crisis".
I don't know at what point in this divorce she's at currently, but no doubt she's still spiraling rather than getting a hold on anything.

Reactions: 5
This is jut my thoughts based purely on what is in this thread, as I don't know anything much about them, but I get the feeling she was so desperate to marry him, so just agreed to everything ( including the prenup that she now says is worse than she thought), ditched her career and everything else, thinking she could cling onto him forever, and now he has gone, she doesn't think she has a life. But you can't force someone to stay with you when they don't want to. Especially by airing all of their business on SM. Does she think he will just come back to avoid the humiliation she is meting out, because what has happened was obvious- he is refusing to see her or be in the same building as her, due to her behaviour, if what she does online is anything like what she is like in private!

Reactions: 9
This is jut my thoughts based purely on what is in this thread, as I don't know anything much about them, but I get the feeling she was so desperate to marry him, so just agreed to everything ( including the prenup that she now says is worse than she thought), ditched her career and everything else, thinking she could cling onto him forever, and now he has gone, she doesn't think she has a life. But you can't force someone to stay with you when they don't want to. Especially by airing all of their business on SM. Does she think he will just come back to avoid the humiliation she is meting out, because what has happened was obvious- he is refusing to see her or be in the same building as her, due to her behaviour, if what she does online is anything like what she is like in private!
i think she knows in her mind and heart and even when she takes the eccentrics out of it that it won’t make him come back. But instead it looks like she’s just hoping to make others see how she’s somehow the one in the right/ on top and how he’s not.
Also seems to love how involved her fans are in this and I think she wants to continue posting about it because them calling him a slime etc keeps her on the subject and keeps her esteem higher or something?
That’s my hot take.

i think she knows in her mind and heart and even when she takes the eccentrics out of it that it won’t make him come back. But instead it looks like she’s just hoping to make others see how she’s somehow the one in the right/ on top and how he’s not.
Also seems to love how involved her fans are in this and I think she wants to continue posting about it because them calling him a slime etc keeps her on the subject and keeps her esteem higher or something?
That’s my hot take.
I agree. I also can't work out what the fan business is. Are they from his fanclub, but she is now the only one interacting with them so they have turned against him? Or are they her fans?

Reactions: 4
That’s my hot take.
I know my interpretation is very much coloured by my experience, but I see he doing a lot of things my abusive ex did. See that getting the fans onside reminds me of triangulation, something my ex used to do. She can turn around and say "even YOUR fans agree with me." The whole "if you knew the full story" vibe also reminds me of the ex. It hints at something much darker, but never actually providing the evidence or elaborating. He could be trying to go no contact as much as he can, or he could just be staying silent because he knows if he retaliates it could massively backfire. I cannot get a read on him at all. No, humour, no outright nasty bleep, no superficial charm that abusers often have, nothing...he just seems like such a blank slate to me. She could very well be seeking validation and reassurance that she isn't in the wrong after years of crap, but doesn't know where to draw the line and is just going overboard so that everything is just wrong.

Reactions: 3
They have turned against him. When I was in the group, essentially all the information about his projects came direct from the wife, so I guess they got close to her in this process. When I was there, anything anyone had to say defending Ioan was blocked and removed from the group. It's bizarre, they've never met in person nor have any reason to be taking sides.

It's sad because she is literally relying on these people on the internet to back up her 'narrative' of the situation. If she truly loved him, why publicly shame him. It only does harm to her in the end - essentially warning folk and potential partners in the future to avoid her. I am an advocate for women's rights, but the way she is handling this is like she can't live without a man in her life and teaching her daughters that this is how you should react - rely on social media instead of friendships or family.

But then going back to the time she had her fans attack him on Twitter about her SM use, to the Meghan Markle attacks and the Horsewhisperer situation, I honestly can't feel sorry for her, she really comes across as abusive with how she writes every tweet. Lets not forget she publicly told everyone that she showed her 7 year old the article of her 'Daddy divorcing Mummy'. That's a a horrific thing to do to your child. She has a history of this kind of manipulation and having fans feel bad for her, it's hard to see her point.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is my take as well. Although I reckon - at least realistically - she has stopped believing that he will come back once he filed for divorce, her tone became much more toxic after this. And the fact that he cut off contact in the past 4 months (at least based on a IG post from back then) certainly didnt made her believe it any more, but you never know. She probably tries to guilt trip him into visiting her (with the excuse to play with the kids or to maintain stuff for their safety) so that she can let all her anger out on him. If what she wrote about the prenup is true her situation is desperate to be fair, but when you want your spouse to give up his rights on the prenup you do the opposite of what she has been doing...

I agree. I also can't work out what the fan business is. Are they from his fanclub, but she is now the only one interacting with them so they have turned against him? Or are they her fans?
My understanding is that Ioan and her met them (not sure if irl or online) a couple of years ago and they were sort of fans of his work. Somehow then (as it seems it was Alice's idea) they ended up running this fan group on facebook. And they took tit pretty serious: They were gatekeeping hard on what sort of opinions are deemed acceptable: Ioan had a show (one of the few shows of his I actually watched and *really* liked) called Forever on ABC, that was pretty popular (probably his best received role besides Hornblower), but cancelled due to average ratings. Whenever people would say how much they would love to have a 2nd season they would attack them because real Ioan fans would support his current work and not live in the past etc. blocked them from that group and so on (I'm convinced these people lost him much more fans than they gained him). I strongly suspect that they did all this because Alice/Ioan wanted them to promote his current work strongly (and at least Alice certainly doesnt mind a toxic approach like this), they clearly loved to have attention from celebrities and being able to call them their "friends", so they went overboard with supporting them under all costs (just like they still do now with Alice

Then about 2-3 years ago Ioan pretty much stopped using Social Media , and they made constant references (albeit not in aggresive way) that he has to use it more. They probably got upset that he stopped paying much attention to them. And turned more into Alice fans because she gave them all her attention plus all infos about his projects. After they broke up Alice apparently told them that he cares so little about them that he deleted straight away a e-christmas card they sent to him this Christmas (they broke up a few days after christmas btw), guess stuff like this plus whatever Alice told them sealed it.

But well, obviously I only know bits and pieces and try to make sense of it. But I know many fans of his that were annoyed by these people long before all this happened.

I know my interpretation is very much coloured by my experience, but I see he doing a lot of things my abusive ex did. See that getting the fans onside reminds me of triangulation, something my ex used to do. She can turn around and say "even YOUR fans agree with me." The whole "if you knew the full story" vibe also reminds me of the ex. It hints at something much darker, but never actually providing the evidence or elaborating. He could be trying to go no contact as much as he can, or he could just be staying silent because he knows if he retaliates it could massively backfire. I cannot get a read on him at all. No, humour, no outright nasty bleep, no superficial charm that abusers often have, nothing...he just seems like such a blank slate to me. She could very well be seeking validation and reassurance that she isn't in the wrong after years of crap, but doesn't know where to draw the line and is just going overboard so that everything is just wrong.
I think he knows that if he would retaliate it would just be ugly because she would keep going on. He is a very private guy and a even uglier divorce isnt going to help his career either.

I also reckon that he has planned this divorce for a long time (he already told her in september that he doesnt love her anymore, and they clearly already had a year ago a fight about her SM use, so it's probably building up for a long time). He will have planned the best possible divorce strategy with his lawyers very early, knowing that his wife just isnt a person that can keep her emotions in check too.

As for her: Alice has pretty much no one. Enstranged from her dad and step mom, enstranged from at least one brother (maybe two, she mentioned two seperate incidents on twitter, so not sure if its just the same brother getting on her bad side twice), enstranged from one of her formerly closest friends, according to her own account no close friends in LA. Ioan was probably the only person in real life that fully supported her. And she probably needs approval from anyone, even if it's from strangers, to somehow cope with this. At least this is my take.

I cant take any of her accusations really serious (which makes me sad because usually I'm all for fighting for allegedly abused women): she once accussed Franklin Leonard of doxxing her because he retweeted a screenshot of her PUBLIC profile where somebody made fun of her bio (smth about her being kind, that was during one of that Markle rants) that had her daughters in the background. She accussed this hoarse whisperer dude of cyberbullying her, when clearly she was doing all this. Back when all this tit about his fan website before they got married went down (back then he was *really* popular, after this his career tanked) she and his fans accussed each other of having received murder threats. And I also cant take her friends serious because they flow with all of this, including the last point where they werent even around! So why should they be on this particular matter more reliable?

And that's all unfortunate because, who knows, maybe he really is absolutely terrible. But with her record (plus his pretty clean one), it's so hard to believe her anything.

Reactions: 11
Very well put @welp

To me, the fact that she is estranged from so many people in life says it all really.

• Sad
She’s really hurt, she’s blinded by her pain and she wants him to suffer as much as she is. What they don’t realise is that their two daughters can see it all and hear it all and will be hurt by it too.

She was the last couple of months relatively silent for legal reasons (guess she was threatened to lose her kids based on what she indicated a few months ago). In a couple of weeks the waiting period to finalize their divorce should be over, and just in time for that she appears to make some noise again.

She tweeted (yes, she is back there) in the last couple of days about how her and the kids are sick after drinking water that seems to be polluted, somehow managed to blame her husband for that because he was responsible for maintaining this stuff but since he left and cut off contact to her she doesnt know how to fix that (well, okay, I get her point here: If it's about the kids health you really should for a moment leave your problems aside, so yeah, this reflects badly on him).

Today she started tweeting out details about their ongoing divorce settlement

According to one of her "friends" this is the grand reveal (or part of it) they teased all these months that shows what a terrible person her husband is, and honestly, I dont know if I'm insensitive here, but I dont see it? In most divorces the house ends up getting sold because it's simply too expensive to maintain a bigger house and a smaller house on the same income as before (if he even will have the same income after all this), most buy then two small ones. Sure, you have to lower your life standards, that's what normal people go through too! And if she signs a pre-nup that gets her such little spousal support and only 30 % of the house that's on her, really. Especially in California which is infamous for very generous settlements for the income-weaker party (if the need of a ultimatum wasnt enough proof already this shows again which of the two parties wanted more to get married to the other). And with how she acted during all of this I dont know how she could have not expected him to cut contact off from her and exercise his rights against her?

My only issue with his behavior is that he possibly isnt caring much about his children (which obviously is terrible in that case, although parental allienation can do a lot here), not because of the divorce settlement, but because of things like the above incident with the water (if it actually went down like she portrayed it) and I have obviously no idea if he makes still a effort to see them regulary. Can't blame him for selling their childhood home though: you can't do everything the kids want if it's financially not the best decision (just like you can't stay married to somebody you dont love just because the kids want to)

Having said that I did previously had the stance that she is acting terribly and that the jury is still out on him (kinda still is, because the story remains not coherent from her side and as mentioned her history is making her no favours, but I can definitely believe that he isnt as nice as his image suggests), now I do think that both are not looking good in this. And that's just so freaking sad for these kids.

Have only those I shared here saved, sorry.
Just reading up on this. It know it’s very one sided and I hope it’s not all true because Ioan sounds like a terrible father if he’s keeping the vast amount of money from the house sale but his wife and daughters have to go into a much smaller property combined with no helping with the algae situation.

What does the ‘n’ refer to? Is this the start of someone’s name?

Last edited:
  • Sad
She’s really hurt, she’s blinded by her pain and she wants him to suffer as much as she is. What they don’t realise is that their two daughters can see it all and hear it all and will be hurt by it too.

Just reading up on this. It know it’s very one sided and I hope it’s not all true because Ioan sounds like a terrible father if he’s keeping the vast amount of money from the house sale but his wife and daughters have to go into a much smaller property combined with no helping with the algae situation.

Why does he need to help with the algae situation other than to pay for it. Surely it's not beyond her ability to call in an expert to do it like the vast majority of us would. Honestly it's pathetic, she must have had to deal with household stuff when they were together and he was on location so why is she suddenly incapable of running her house now.

Reactions: 6
Why does he need to help with the algae situation other than to pay for it. Surely it's not beyond her ability to call in an expert to do it like the vast majority of us would. Honestly it's pathetic, she must have had to deal with household stuff when they were together and he was on location so why is she suddenly incapable of running her house now.
She seems incapable of doing even that though. If my daughters were getting sick and their other parent was freaking out about it over social media, instead of being uncontactable I’d go over there or if I was away I’d ring up the people myself and ring my children to see how they are.

Reactions: 4

Well, the question was what is wrong with him, given that she has hinted before that she thinks that he has some mental illness and has liked posts calling him as that, my vote would go for narcissism. But who knows, eh?

As for the house/money stuff: unfortunately house sales are very common post-divorce especially in situations like this case where one party simply doesnt have the ability to produce income (even when she was acting full-time she wasnt earning much) in order to pay out the other parties share, unless you give up something else from your shared assets. You have to always keep in mind here that with an unchanged income you have to suddenly pay for two houses. Moving to a smaller properly is completely inevitable unless you are very rich.

Pretty sure if he would graciously give her 40 % spousal support besides the child support and also give her the house the dude will struggle himself to find a property, pay stuff for the kids (they will have joint custody based on the divorce papers) and eventually maybe start a 2nd family. they were more than 10 years married and in California this means that you pay spousal support for life unless she remarries or generates income that would keep her life standard. I cant really blame him here: she seems to have signed up for this in the prenup, and I also cant blame him for not giving up on his rights: I wouldnt want Alice to have control over my money either especially if he is the one who earned almost everything over the years and it's not like he cant spend this money on the kids future either.

I do agree on the algae thing, or rather on your follow-up post that if the kids are sick and she seems helpless I would try to help, but then again her stories tend to leave out stuff and context and she in fact hasnt told us how it ended. So I take it with a pinch of salt. But sure, entirely possible that he has handled this badly too.

Reactions: 10
She has made the situation impossible for him to be around - even from some of the tweets it was confirmed that she got the company to call him, why was the public show needed. It came across as very manipulative to her audience. If she had handled this privately - which is a rare trait for Alice - the company probably would have phoned him under her advisement and had the issue sorted.

I can definitely believe that her tweets and videos had an effect on the divorce proceedings and what she is getting out of it - and she doesn't realise this even after deleting everything. As someone who confesses to being a 'political loud-mouth, she clearly forgets that once something has been said on the internet, it is there forever. She damaged her own stance in all of this. Her rant about the visitation rights is still viewable via the Daily Mail which is just her disagreeing with the fact that Ioan might want to have the kids longer - and also saying Lawyers are there to 'F the Law'. That reflects incredible bad on someone who conveys themselves as kind and open-minded (from many of her past bios) and especially to the Lawyer defending her. Then there was the post accusing him of child abandonment - which was also deleted - and he was then seen with his kids. This is all over the newspaper sites so I can believe this affected her standing in the case. She's just conveyed herself to be an unreliable and emotional source of information.

In all honesty, I think he has just simply fallen out of love (and lost trust) with someone he sees isn't in their corner anymore - given the fact she publicised their arguments for the world to see years before the divorce. So yeah, who knows. The way she is acting falls in the lines of victimised narcissism and gaslighting - the very things she accused him of in the beginning. I believe he is keeping his distance until the divorce is finalised and everything becomes concrete and enforced.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Well, the question was what is wrong with him, given that she has hinted before that she thinks that he has some mental illness and has liked posts calling him as that, my vote would go for narcissism. But who knows, eh?
I mean who knows? Maybe she thinks he has left her because he has had a mental health breakdown or something and he'll come to his senses? If you think someone has mental health issues, accusing them of neglecting their children and encouraging other people to speculate publicly about his possible mental health issues is not the best idea. I literally know nothing about him, because he doesnt say anything on SM, despite being the more well known of the two. The only things I hear are on here and Alice telling everyone that he is a narcissist and that there is something wrong with him, which she then has to delete, presumably when his lawyers give her a warning.From her complete lack of self control and mad tweeting, it sounds like she may have problems with alcohol or her own mental health. As far as I can see, he is behaving like someone who is trying to stop their volatile ex partner from going over the edge, she sounds like she has some problems with mental health/ substance abuse and/or self control.

Actually now thinking about it, I'm sure she means that he is a narcissist. Just remembered this stuff she posted on december 28th(?) (presumably that's the night he broke up with her)

Corresponding post to that screenshot btw, I just realized that I didnt shared this when I made that huge recap a few months ago

Speaking of screenshots. That's her bio today

I may be repeating myself but I would be very surprised if this doesnt either end in front of a court and/or him getting estranged from his kids (if this hasnt happened already, anyway) or any other rather ugly outcome.

• Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.