Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think it's very unfair to randomly speculate about people that have (so far) no indication of being involved in this.

But time will tell. Given how besotted he appeared with her until not too long ago the likehood that he at least met someone (even if he perhaps isnt with them now) that made him realize that he could be in a different (maybe less draining) relationship is quite high. Most man who marry more impulsive (and usually hot) women usually need that eye opener.

But yeah: long distance, handsome, him being a big flirt, presumably fading feelings...I'd be surprised if he didnt cheat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The bottom line is though....that if, the relationship with Alice was a happy one, he would never have left. Even if, he had an affair. Men sometimes have affairs, when there is a problem in the marriage but, they never leave ....usually they beg to come back. So, ultimately there was obviously a problem, I do ultimately suspect her behaviour contributed to it. I don’t think her behaviour was always bad but, just totally unsuitable for his character. They were incompatable and this obvious became worse as, they got older. Some people love outgoing, outspoken and emotional people, but he is obviously not one of them....

Incidentily, I do think he is successful enough to warrant an actress wanting him with two children. acting is horribly cutthroat and it is very naive to think that a person (man or woman) would not use him to gain even limited success....
but, I don’t think this is the case,....I think he fell out of love with her and she is the dramatic type and won’t let you leave quietly. ....she wears her heart on her sleeve! Which is not always a good thing. If, it were me, I’d have let him go and been polite about it. The cried into my pillow ,.....then....pulled myself together!!!!

I think he’s having an affair and I think she is also very difficult to live with. He could be a passive-aggressive type. If she is the type to “wear her heart on her sleeve“ then, frankly they were always going to split in a dramatic way.
it’s easy to make someone like her ‘look crazy‘ plus, she does not help herself and could be a bit batty or emotional under normal circumstances.
My friends partner was always flirting with other women and it drove her mad. She used to shout and scream at him and we all thought she was a nut job. Until I saw him out one night flirting with this woman. I realised why she was so angry. But, he was always so calm and silent that, everyone thought it was her and not him. Maybe he was like this and also, he was not madly in love with her either. She gave him an ultimatum after all and perhaps, she felt insecure deep down.
I think she is difficult don't get me wrong but, I do think he’s up to something too. I noticed that, Joanne froggat has recently divorced her man, they both worked together on the drama Liar ..... any thoughts? Probably unconnected.....
This is where I am at. I am sure there is someone else and probably there has been some gaslighting of her over the years. And she has lost the plot.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think it’s unsurprising for him to have kept it quiet (gaslighting etc) for a while since, he was probably afraid of her reaction ie he knew she’d be furious (And quite rightly too). But, people have the right to change their minds (even after 20 years of being together). It shows that, it’s very important to always have your own life and possibly work. Although, it is very very difficult for actresses in Hollywood or anywhere over 40 and almost impossible over 50. The acting profession is so unfair as cruel to women. But, sadly, that is life. I also feel that romance is unfair on women seeing as men are so much more youth orientated. I still feel sad for her even though, she has behaved in totally the wrong way since, the divorce, but, she will get over it and calm down. She will learn eventually, that there are other men out there who will be interested in her. my moneys on another woman and possibly ....you know who...

Reactions: 4
I think he’s having an affair and I think she is also very difficult to live with. He could be a passive-aggressive type. If she is the type to “wear her heart on her sleeve“ then, frankly they were always going to split in a dramatic way.
it’s easy to make someone like her ‘look crazy‘ plus, she does not help herself and could be a bit batty or emotional under normal circumstances.
My friends partner was always flirting with other women and it drove her mad. She used to shout and scream at him and we all thought she was a nut job. Until I saw him out one night flirting with this woman. I realised why she was so angry. But, he was always so calm and silent that, everyone thought it was her and not him. Maybe he was like this and also, he was not madly in love with her either. She gave him an ultimatum after all and perhaps, she felt insecure deep down.
I think she is difficult don't get me wrong but, I do think he’s up to something too. I noticed that, Joanne froggat has recently divorced her man, they both worked together on the drama Liar ..... any thoughts? Probably unconnected.....
I don’t want to insinuate if he was having an affair or not because I’m unfamiliar with his flirting ways and also of AE worrying that he was. I knew nothing of their personal lives until the divorce.
But, he’s a man. Need I say more? No offense to any men but it’s true.
About AE’s big personality, etc? It’s way more than that in my opinion.
And last. I’m sure each contributed to the split because no way is it all one person’s fault.

No it’s neither of their faults. Marriages do come to an end sometimes and both parties will be at fault. It’s a shame she went public mainly for the children and also for her. Since, she comes out looking worse when, in fact that may not be the case. I’m a fan of Ioan Grufford bizarrely. Even though I am critical him here but, I hope they work things out over time so, that they can be civil to eachother, Plus, I really hope she meets someone else too and is eventually happy.

No it’s neither of their faults. Marriages do come to an end sometimes and both parties will be at fault. It’s a shame she went public mainly for the children and also for her. Since, she comes out looking worse when, in fact that may not be the case. I’m a fan of Ioan Grufford bizarrely. Even though I am critical him here but, I hope they work things out over time so, that they can be civil to eachother, Plus, I really hope she meets someone else too and is eventually happy.
Is that you Alice?😆

(Only joking)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Nope not Alice. Just thinking of things from both points of view. I saw a film of her go crazy at a blogger in a car park. So, I can see she can be highly strung. But, I can also sympathise with her since, I feel she cannot see outside of Ioan grufford at the moment. We’ve all been there. Once you meet someone else, you can look at previous relationships and see them in a different light.

Nope not Alice. Just thinking of things from both points of view. I saw a film of her go crazy at a blogger in a car park. So, I can see she can be highly strung. But, I can also sympathise with her since, I feel she cannot see outside of Ioan grufford at the moment. We’ve all been there. Once you meet someone else, you can look at previous relationships and see them in a different light.
No offense but that behavior is way beyond highly strung in my opinion.

Reactions: 9
No offence taken. It was a bit crazy. Some of the things she has said are cringe too ie she once mention something about her daughter having her husbands big brown eyes but not his unfeasibly long tongue ....I mean eugh...cringe. There are countless other examples but things like this just can’t have helped the marriage.

• Sick
Has anyone actually thought that, perhaps he was having an affair and has now left her for someone else?
I truly don’t understand why it’s so unreasonable to believe that the man just felt out of love with her and left. If it comes out later that he had an affair and left for another woman, I’ll eat my hat, but I don’t think that a man being is handsome automatically equates to cheating. He spends months away at a time filming, but it’s interesting to me that the assumption from some parties has been foul play from the beginning and not simply that being away for a long time can allow clarity and cause feelings to dwindle.

I feel that the gaslighting she speaks of was a “I feel like you’re pulling away” or “I don’t feel like you love me anymore” kind of thing followed by him insisting it wasn’t true. Been there, know the feeling, it’s trash. However, falling out of love doesn’t just happen from falling into it with someone else and in this instance I’m giving the benefit of the doubt. There’s too many other things to consider - boundary issues, aggressive and polarising SM media behaviour, unhinged behaviour such as in the car park, and lockdown. AE and IG aren’t the first couple to divorce following lockdown nor are they the only. I moved in with my partner during lockdown and it was incredibly difficult. Everything is magnified and fuses are short.

Also, on the daughter, she’s nearly 12. It’s a difficult age as it is. I’d almost say she’s drawn her own conclusions on where she stands without the input from her mother. She doesn’t want to leave her home, she doesn’t want to have split parents, seems natural to me to side against the one making the decisions.

Reactions: 17
I have not assumed he’s cheating just because he’s handsome. Even if he was having an affair .... we may never know since it will not be publicised. You might be right. They just might not get on. But she did hint at the fact he had another woman.... although she now stays clear of that now the lawyers are involved. Maybe that was her assumption though. Maybe it was just lockdown bringing problems to the surface. Falling out of love etc

But she did hint at the fact he had another woman.... although she now stays clear of that now the lawyers are involved. Maybe that was her assumption though. Maybe it was just lockdown bringing problems to the surface. Falling out of love etc
Yeah but she also hinted at him having 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♀️ on his phone (after engaging lawyers) and said she doesn’t believe he did leave for someone else.

I understand what you’re saying and your guess is as good as anyone else’s, I just think there’s more to it.

I’d bet money there was and is someone else. Lost people (men) tend not to leave unless they have someone lined up. And yep, there absolutely will be some wannabe starlet out there who’d jump at the chance.

Maybe it’s just me but I could see this coming a mile away. Once I saw the screenshots from her Twitter and Instagram feed. And not recently either.

No offence taken. It was a bit crazy. Some of the things she has said are cringe too ie she once mention something about her daughter having her husbands big brown eyes but not his unfeasibly long tongue ....I mean eugh...cringe. There are countless other examples but things like this just can’t have helped the marriage.
I thought her IVF story was pretty cringe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Also, on the daughter, she’s nearly 12. It’s a difficult age as it is. I’d almost say she’s drawn her own conclusions on where she stands without the input from her mother. She doesn’t want to leave her home, she doesn’t want to have split parents, seems natural to me to side against the one making the decisions.
It's probably also awkward. Not only that kids are always more mad at the one who left. At that age you dont really play much with parents anymore. Especially not with the opposite gender. And especially not in an enviroment where you cant easily escape to do other things LOL.

I’d bet money there was and is someone else. Lost people (men) tend not to leave unless they have someone lined up. And yep, there absolutely will be some wannabe starlet out there who’d jump at the chance.
This is true, but what paris123 said (and I also mentioned it at some point iirc) is also valid. While it's relatively common to have somebody on the side the scenario that a man in Hollywood leaves wife with whom he has young children completely on his own account, without the wife having any sort of desire to end the relationship, is crazy rare. They all usually try damage limitation by begging the wife to stay with them, even if only for public appearance, and only if that fails they usually go for the side piece then.

And because it's so rare I find it hard to apply previous patterns (even if I too find it likely).

What's the definition of a bad apple? Someone who doesn't like her shoes? Using her excellent detective skills AE decided that the people she was fighting with on the IMDB boards (I didn't know about it but she was creating havoc and then deleting all the evidence), the IOL members and the possible 1 or 2 unhinged editors of her wiki were all the same people. And they were all evilly evil, with some evil sauce on top. So she destroyed his website and the wiki edits still kept happening 🤪 Like she doesn't get that anyone can edit her wiki, not just her 🤡

As for IG's socials, I only follow him on twitter and you aren't missing much, just the odd promo stuff. I think he is basically a lurker there as I know he keeps tabs on what is being said about him. In fact, the FMs used to complain that he wouldn't engage in their tweet events to promote his stuff. As for his birthday, it will go unnoticed in general but AE might bring it up. He is not very interested in fan stuff anyway. AE said when fans sent him an e card he just deleted it.
Right? A bad apple is anyone who doesn't fuss over her. 😂 I've learned that whenever I see the word's "AE said" I assume it's a lie. 🤣

I’ve heard that it’s anything but sexy. Very uncomfortable and even embarrassing at times. I think if it was going to happen on set it wouldn’t need a sex scene. After all, look what happened with IG and AE. Maybe that’s why she was insecure about it. 🤣
I've heard that too but I've also heard that there are times when a director yells, "cut" and the actors delay. :LOL: And then there are the "those types". A friend of mine had a brief kissing scene many years ago with a certain Scottish actor who died last year...yep, he didn't want to stop.

And yeah, IG and AE fell in love on set without even sexY scenes. And she was engaged. It happens.

I can't stop looking at these......
Incredulous.
Call me weird but I actually love her purses. I'm into that sort of avant garde thing. I have a kind of respect for the crazy creative type. Where my respect instantly drops for AE is her carelessness in damaging her children by insulting her soon-to-be-ex. Parental Alienation is a HUGE PROBLEM!!! If she does it publicly, you know she does it privately at home with the children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Has anyone actually thought that, perhaps he was having an affair and has now left her for someone else? I mean...,,they are never going to reveal it before the divorce (it’s very bad publicity for him and would alienate alot of female fans). it’s also possible, she suspected for a long time he was having an affair and he Always denied it. That would drive someone mad since, they would feel something is wrong but, be faced with denial and he being 6000 miles away or whatever.
I appreciate she has ‘appeared‘ like the crazy one due to social media. But, there are a few people that, really believe he is with someone else. I mean ......not taking sides at all. I’m just saying he’s handsome and plenty of actresses would love to go with him especially as, he is fairly successful?

Furthermore, one of his daughters is refusing to see him (apparently). I appreciate that everyone thinks it’s because Alice has poisoned her against her dad. But, in reality, it’s very hard to poison your child against their dad unless he’s done something very wrong.
my friends dad had an affair. When my friend and her sister found out they stopped speaking to their dad for ages. They obviously forgave him. But, they were angry.
Just made me think that, he could have also done something to make the daughter upset with Him...like another woman perhaps?
I'm just presenting an alternative point of view.....considering how mad AE is with him and his daughters refusal to see him .....it’s not outside the realms of possibility. Plus, a lot of men who comment on this always state that he would not have left unless he had someone else to go to.
in a years time ....he’ll probably announce the new relationship and stress that it started after the divorce (exactly like Brad and Angelina did). Just sayin....
I believe anything is possible. However, no matter how I personally feel about "cheating", it's a moral matter and not a legal one. Also, cheating hurts the significant other/mate, and kids are likely angry at the offending parent for it but even in that case, it's up to the parents, BOTH of them, to comfort the children. If the children hurt because the injured party is hurt, then the injured party has the (added) responsibility, especially if the children are with that parent more than the other parent, to make sure the children know that she/he will be ok, and that because dad/mom doesn't love that parent anymore, that doesn't mean that he/she doesn't love them/the children. When you see your child's feelings are hurt, don't you feel awful and want to comfort them? Don't you want to protect them from that? It's a horrible situation, I know, but if your mate cheats on you, you DON'T share that with your kids! Unfortunately, you have to work EXTRA hard to make sure your kids know that you're going to be ok, that your feelings are hurt but that you'll be ok. I just don't get how that is not common sense!

If a husband cheats, its sad and mad and hurts, but he didn't cheat on the kids, he cheated on his mate. I know the cheating causes everyone pain and potentially breaks up the family (the other woman known as "home wrecker"). So all of that is horrible but if one wants to say that the offending parent is horrible for doing that, fine, say it's his fault. But the why would the offended parent WANT TO MAKE IT WORSE?! Frickin makes me livid! :mad:

We may be doing what AE's sm followers do which is just assuming that what AE says is true.

I can't think of anything anyone can say to me that would make me change my opinion or to convince me that AE didn't play an active part in older E not wanting to see her dad right now. If that's even the case. We know that he left for France on July 31. I may be wrong on the timing of some of this, please correct me if I'm wrong...So didn't AE say that she found out IG was leaving a couple of days before he left from one of her daughters? Does anyone know if AE said this was older E or younger E? So if both of the girls were with him for a visit just before he left, how is it that older E doesn't want to see him? If older E wasn't with him then, I wonder how much time there was between the time older E spent time with AE and July 31?

Bottom line for me is, as a parent AE's behavior should be in spite of IG instead of because of him. AND I will add that if a parent does something illegal such as harming someone else, a child/other parent/stranger, the "victim" parent should STILL PROTECT THE CHILD. There are loving ways to handle this or selfish ways. It could be explained to the child that the other parent "is sick and needs help" or "made some mistakes and has to go away for awhile" in the case of a parent who has to go to jail; but that he/she "will always LOVE YOU!" If a parent has been abusive to his own child, obviously therapy would be likely mandated but doesn't "your dad/mom is sick and did some very bad things but your going to be ok and it will never happen again" sound better than "your dad/mom is a horrible person, and crazy and is going to jail and must not love you or me because he did this."

Anything other than showing your child love, no matter the circumstance, is neglect in my opinion. And if one isn't a smart enough person to know this in their number of years being alive on planet earth then they should at least listen to experts who know about this stuff or the reasonable people who keep telling her the things she needs to hear on sm.

In my opinion, there is no situation in which AE should be behaving the way has been, no matter how IG has behaved or is behaving. Assume all of her accusations are true. Still no excuse for her behavior!

OK, I haven't had to engage in conversation here much lately so I apologize you got an earful.

It is likely that when a new man comes into her life, she will, again, act inappropriately. Possibly let him meet the girls too soon and involve him in their lives too soon, and talk bad or make passive-aggressive comments about IG to him in front of the kids. If she doesn't under stand this huge principal in parenting, she is sure to continue unless she LISTENS. I also predict, she will NOT be happy because she will be forever trying to punish IG which will likely get on the nerves of any potential boyfriend or husband.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I agree completely HappyCamper. AE has said from the get go that IG has left them, not her. “He is to leave his family”, “I don’t see him coming back to us”, “Me and our daughters are very confused”, “The girls cry everyday”, that story about how the kids at school teased E and that’s how she found out about the divorce, how he refuses to come to the house and is selling their childhood home.

That tells me all I need to know really. I find it very difficult to believe that she wouldn’t be attempting to alienate him from his daughters.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.