Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What *does* she do, exactly? She doesn’t work, she has a full-time nanny, she doesn’t cook. How does she fill her days?
Don't forget gluing charms on second hand bags?

It's seems IG did get involved with fans even to the extent of giving the 2 FMs his mobile number when he was in Oz. I wonder if that was after AE's meltdown where he was worried about her and thought he could use the FMs to calm her down so he wanted to be able to communicate directly with them?

According to AE he even asked the FMs for their advice? LOL Maybe this was when they were campaigning to save Forever and he thought their actions might pay off? I think while IG is hands off with fans, with AE going on about her FMs buddies, he felt they were family friends (even without face to face contact) more than fans? Not now obviously.

Z posted that she send him a message in August telling him he has support and he responded saying he notices it.

I think like a lot of actors he does lurk about to see what is being said about him and it's good to know he appreciates support especially with all the mud flinging his ex and her FMs are doing.

AE: I sometimes wake up and turn over and say (to the air) "Omg honey I had this TERRIBLE dream where you left and turned the lawyers on me..." Of course the dog just looks vacant. Maybe we'll never know what happened.

Him falling out of love with her doesn't seem to be enough of a reason apparently...

Reactions: 4
According to AE he even asked the FMs for their advice? LOL Maybe this was when they were campaigning to save Forever and he thought their actions might pay off? I think while IG is hands off with fans, with AE going on about her FMs buddies, he felt they were family friends (even without face to face contact) more than fans? Not now obviously.
I doubt Tom Ellis rang the people who were trying to get Lucifer renewed. He just said a public thank you in a public space, as appropriate. Anyway, I bet he's learnt his lesson now!

Reactions: 3
Who blocked FM2 “Deb”? Everytime alicescarf FM1 starts with her lame “jelly” comment I’m torn between lol and feeling nauseated. Is she trying to sound young or is she just tacky? 🤣

Who blocked FM2 “Deb”? Everytime alicescarf FM1 starts with her lame “jelly” comment I’m torn between lol and feeling nauseated. Is she trying to sound young or is she just tacky? 🤣
I think lots of people have blocked FM2. There is a facebook page called Ioan Gruffudd fans. which is full of people who left the "official" fb page in disgust.

• Haha
I know - because Lin keeps mentioning this - that a girl that does a lot of digital art of him blocked them. Lin & Deb (more Lin, Deb actually comes across as more reasonable in general) have for years talked pretty badly of them because they think that she is not doing this digital art work herself but with an app and thus gets praise for no effort (who is jealous here?). Quite the crime indeed. And this is not the only example of them belittling fans of his. So many people have stopped supporting him over the years because of them, it's completely crazy that it took them turning against him in his marriage issues for him to finally drop them.

But yeah, I suspect many people have blocked them.

Reactions: 2
This thread is wild! Perfect example of someone who shouldn't have access to social media....

Reactions: 6
Anyway, I bet he's learnt his lesson now!
Well, this is the 2nd time that he terribly misjudged how to interact with fans. The first time (in the 2000s) - while he did generally the right thing to keep a distance - he ended up insulting his own fans and sunk his best marketing tool for nothing just to please his wife, and then doubled down on this in an interview.

This time he tried to be more open to fans (starting in 2014) and made a specific sector of them believe that they are close and special, and it was obvious that this would end bad: they were starting to moan about him not being as active on Social Media as he used to be already 2-3 years ago. Never ever give fans these sort of expectations. It WILL backfire.

I hope he has learned his lessons now, and stays away from fans bar the general thank you message every celeb does. Anything else just will end badly, that's why almost no serious celeb does this tit. He actually had the right idea years ago by keeping a distance and ignoring tit, so without the driving force behind both debacles in the picture he may be able to make smarter decisions.

Well, this is the 2nd time that he terribly misjudged how to interact with fans. The first time (in the 2000s) - while he did generally the right thing to keep a distance - he ended up insulting his own fans and sunk his best marketing tool for nothing just to please his wife, and then doubled down on this in an interview.

This time he tried to be more open to fans (starting in 2014) and made a specific sector of them believe that they are close and special, and it was obvious that this would end bad: they were starting to moan about him not being as active on Social Media as he used to be already 2-3 years ago. Never ever give fans these sort of expectations. It WILL backfire.

I hope he has learned his lessons now, and stays away from fans bar the general thank you message every celeb does. Anything else just will end badly, that's why almost no serious celeb does this tit. He actually had the right idea years ago by keeping a distance and ignoring tit, so without the driving force behind both debacles in the picture he may be able to make smarter decisions.
I blame AE. 🤣

Reactions: 1
From what Lin said they appear to have been blocked by some of his loyal fans on twitter and may badmouth them. Dont think they refer to this place here but then again based on how good they are at spotting alt identities (lol) they may think that they are here. But no lies were told here: they were always nasty to fans with not the same views on his acting career and gatekeeping obsessively (and now that he dumped them they look pretty silly), I dont care if Ioan approved of them, he was an Idiot then and rightfully pays the price now.(even if they were good he would be still an idiot for building any sort of relationship with fans, as much as I think he mismanaged the website stuff years ago at least there he understood that it's unhealthy to be close to fans, has nothing to do with being "jelly", it's the plain truth - but in fairness it always looked to me like Alice was behind this approach, getting this time fans to like her too as his partner etc.)
Yes I would say if they’ve been blocked it’s for good reason, whether they’ve interacted directly with the people who blocked them or not. I’ve never had anything to do with them but after seeing how they’ve handled fans/IG/AE, I have no desire to!

I do think IG was crazy to chose THEM as his “point people,” but I also feel like that was Alice’s doing. After what he went through with his other fans on that message board because of her, he probably didn’t have any desire to go down that road again & just let her do what she wanted, and she latched onto D&L because theyre obviously under her thumb and don’t seem like they’d be a threat to her in any way (aren’t pretty young things IG might ever be tempted to get TOO close with, if you know what I mean).

I think AE has said the only correspondence IG wrote himself to fans was the letter about the forum (which I’m not even 100% convinced of) and D&L say the videos he made them seem forced in retrospect. So maybe they do have a friendship with her, but him? Nah. Seems like cutting ties with them was one of the first things he did after leaving AE- even before they started speaking out against him- which says it all, imo 😆

• Heart
Yes I would say if they’ve been blocked it’s for good reason, whether they’ve interacted directly with the people who blocked them or not. I’ve never had anything to do with them but after seeing how they’ve handled fans/IG/AE, I have no desire to!

I do think IG was crazy to chose THEM as his “point people,” but I also feel like that was Alice’s doing. After what he went through with his other fans on that message board because of her, he probably didn’t have any desire to go down that road again & just let her do what she wanted, and she latched onto D&L because theyre obviously under her thumb and don’t seem like they’d be a threat to her in any way (aren’t pretty young things IG might ever be tempted to get TOO close with, if you know what I mean).

I think AE has said the only correspondence IG wrote himself to fans was the letter about the forum (which I’m not even 100% convinced of) and D&L say the videos he made them seem forced in retrospect. So maybe they do have a friendship with her, but him? Nah. Seems like cutting ties with them was one of the first things he did after leaving AE- even before they started speaking out against him- which says it all, imo 😆
I’m nearly positive that AE wore the pants in the family. She herself admits to being a type A personality and an alpha, as well as being impatient and wanting her own way. Also she admits to wanting to get even. So I imagine she ran ripshod over poor IG who seems much more laid back. I truly feel for him in that respect.

Reactions: 5
I do think IG was crazy to chose THEM as his “point people,” but I also feel like that was Alice’s doing.

D&L say the videos he made them seem forced in retrospect. So maybe they do have a friendship with her, but him? Nah. Seems like cutting ties with them was one of the first things he did after leaving AE- even before they started speaking out against him- which says it all, imo 😆
Yes, they were not exactly a good advertisement for the fandom - always jumping down people's throats and just the sort of people to be besties with AE. This was in stark contrast to April who ran his website. No one disliked her although sadly she got a lot of complaints when she put the Mod on silent mode (not banned as AE had demanded). This was hardly April's fault - she was trying to keep her employer and his lunatic gf happy and she couldn't really win.

The FMs say a lot of things in retrospective. The fan videos he did were very nice and didn't seem forced - although to be fair to AE, I think she encouraged him to do them for fans. They have done a 180 on IG. Every nice photo of him smiling (especially post separation) is now "fake". But that's what they are, fake fans. Unlike Zhora who is still in touch with IG.

I’m nearly positive that AE wore the pants in the family. She herself admits to being a type A personality and an alpha, as well as being impatient and wanting her own way. Also she admits to wanting to get even. So I imagine she ran ripshod over poor IG who seems much more laid back.
And there was no pleasing her in the end either. He seemed a wuss or "pussy" as AE called him. When I heard about the divorce - I was like - finally he discovered his balls!

• Haha
Yes, they were not exactly a good advertisement for the fandom - always jumping down people's throats and just the sort of people to be besties with AE. This was in stark contrast to April who ran his website. No one disliked her although sadly she got a lot of complaints when she put the Mod on silent mode (not banned as AE had demanded). This was hardly April's fault - she was trying to keep her employer and his lunatic gf happy and she couldn't really win.

The FMs say a lot of things in retrospective. The fan videos he did were very nice and didn't seem forced - although to be fair to AE, I think she encouraged him to do them for fans. They have done a 180 on IG. Every nice photo of him smiling (especially post separation) is now "fake". But that's what they are, fake fans. Unlike Zhora who is still in touch with IG.

And there was no pleasing her in the end either. He seemed a wuss or "pussy" as AE called him. When I heard about the divorce - I was like - finally he discovered his balls!
He must have found the key or the combination to the safe where AE had been keeping them from the moment they got together. 😆

• Haha
I don’t think many women would be thrilled about having to sell their family home and getting 15% of the value. Of all the divorced friend/family I know I can’t think of a single case where either the Mother did not staying in the home until the children were grown up or getting at least half the value. I honestly don’t think pre nups should be enforced when there are still minor children.
Why, if there is joint custodial arrangements one partner isn't entitled to the family home, they have to sell to provide 2 homes, suitable for the children. Too many times one of the parents ends up in a tiny 1 bed flat with no space to have the children stay. The actual best solution is to keep the family home, purchase/rent a small property and the children stay in the family home while the parents rotate, unfortunately that isn't going to happen in this case.

Reactions: 3
Why, if there is joint custodial arrangements one partner isn't entitled to the family home, they have to sell to provide 2 homes, suitable for the children. Too many times one of the parents ends up in a tiny 1 bed flat with no space to have the children stay. The actual best solution is to keep the family home, purchase/rent a small property and the children stay in the family home while the parents rotate, unfortunately that isn't going to happen in this case.
AE is entitled to 30% of the $1,000,000 they paid on the house according to her prenup. It is mortgaged and has to be sold. IG is renting a $4,000 a month flat in LA so I doubt it is that tiny. Also the divorce is acrimonious so a clean break is better. Of the two, IG will end up with the better new property. AE needs to move out of LA but doesn't want to.

Her new bio: Three passions have governed my life. The longing for love, the search for knowledge + the unbearable pity for suffering. Bertrand Russell (and I agree)

Well it's a bit better than her previous ones. Pompous though. Is she beginning to take the high road?

AE is entitled to 30% of the $1,000,000 they paid on the house according to her prenup. It is mortgaged and has to be sold. IG is renting a $4,000 a month flat in LA so I doubt it is that tiny. Also the divorce is acrimonious so a clean break is better. Of the two, IG will end up with the better new property. AE needs to move out of LA but doesn't want to.
I dont know where you read the 4k a month figure but the fact that we are reading all this stuff on a forum and not in a tabloid is so symbolic for this divorce LOL

but yeah, just checked zillow: you can get in West Hollywood for that rent the same as their family home.

The fact that it's mortgaged isnt what prevents them from keeping it, although it certainly makes it harder. There are divorces where the couple continues to pay the mortgage until the kids are grown up and then sell it (you can write an agreement), but that the party that isnt living there continues to pay is so crazy rare, let alone in divorces where one party is constantly shitting on the other in public. And I doubt that Alice would accept cuts in other aspects of the divorce (wealth distribution etc.) to make it fair to him. Leaving aside that she doesnt even have that leverage given that they decided exactly what is happening now in their prenup.

What Notworthy suggests isnt a good idea in general. It prevents both parents to move on with their life. Best solution is always to keep the family home obviously and the kids stay there with the primary custodial parent until they are grown up, but when one isnt working and the couple only owns one property and the divorce is acrimonious it's pretty much impossible.

A very easy solution would be if Alice would work too, then they could do what I suggested above and continue to pay the mortgage until the kids are grown up (and sell it then, as I doubt that Alice will own enough to pay out his share and he will probably not want it anymore as I suspect that he will have moved on by the time that happens). she says there arent many acting jobs in L.A., but she could easily do guest roles elsewhere for a week (well, if anybody wants her), she has a nanny after all, her kids have friends, surely you could organize sleepovers for a few days. And it isnt like Ioan works non-stop 365 days per year either, in fact he wasnt working for a full year until the current job it seems.

Even if it doesnt work with acting she has a great education in languages, she could pick this up again and earn well (so doesnt even have to be Starbucks). THAT would be her showing that she is a strong independent woman, not crying on social media while you sip on your wine and the nanny cleans up your house. The kids (espcially when they are at school) are terrible excuse for not working. Since I was 4 years old both my parents worked full time and did a part time job in a restaurant over the weekend on top of it (not even once have I spend New Years Eve with them due to that). We always got friends to take care of me while I was playing with their kids. Many manage far worse even without a nanny.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Her new bio: Three passions have governed my life. The longing for love, the search for knowledge + the unbearable pity for suffering. Bertrand Russell (and I agree)

Well it's a bit better than her previous ones. Pompous though. Is she beginning to take the high road?
I know that the number of letters in the Twitter bio is limited. That's probably the reason why she left out 3 tiny words to complete her statement - it should actually read:
"Three passions have governed my life. The longing for love on social media, the search for knowledge on social media + the unbearable pity for suffering on social media." 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I dont know where you read the 4k a month figure but the fact that we are reading all this stuff on a forum and not in a tabloid is so symbolic for this divorce LOL

but yeah, just checked zillow: you can get in West Hollywood for that rent the same as their family home.

The fact that it's mortgaged isnt what prevents them from keeping it, although it certainly makes it harder. There are divorces where the couple continues to pay the mortgage until the kids are grown up and then sell it (you can write an agreement), but that the party that isnt living there continues to pay is so crazy rare, let alone in divorces where one party is constantly shitting on the other in public. And I doubt that Alice would accept cuts in other aspects of the divorce (wealth distribution etc.) to make it fair to him. Leaving aside that she doesnt even have that leverage given that they decided exactly what is happening now in their prenup.

What Notworthy suggests isnt a good idea in general. It prevents both parents to move on with their life. Best solution is always to keep the family home obviously and the kids stay there with the primary custodial parent until they are grown up, but when one isnt working and the couple only owns one property and the divorce is acrimonious it's pretty much impossible.

A very easy solution would be if Alice would work too, then they could do what I suggested above and continue to pay the mortgage until the kids are grown up (and sell it then, as I doubt that Alice will own enough to pay out his share and he will probably not want it anymore as I suspect that he will have moved on by the time that happens). she says there arent many acting jobs in L.A., but she could easily do guest roles elsewhere for a week (well, if anybody wants her), she has a nanny after all, her kids have friends, surely you could organize sleepovers for a few days. And it isnt like Ioan works non-stop 365 days per year either, in fact he wasnt working for a full year until the current job it seems.

Even if it doesnt work with acting she has a great education in languages, she could pick this up again and earn well (so doesnt even have to be Starbucks). THAT would be her showing that she is a strong independent woman, not crying on social media while you sip on your wine and the nanny cleans up your house. The kids (espcially when they are at school) are terrible excuse for not working. Since I was 4 years old both my parents worked full time and did a part time job in a restaurant over the weekend on top of it (not even once have I spend New Years Eve with them due to that). We always got friends to take care of me while I was playing with their kids. Many manage far worse even without a nanny.
Exactly. Either work and have a nanny or don't work and don't have a nanny and learn to cook. She needs to budget like everyone else but it seems she doesn't want to, doesn't want to work and doesn't want her husband to work ( if there really are no jobs in L.A. he will.obviously have to go where the work is)yet still wants to maintain her lifestyle. That's not how life is unfortunately

Reactions: 7
I dont know where you read the 4k a month figure

A very easy solution would be if Alice would work too, then they could do what I suggested above and continue to pay the mortgage until the kids are grown up.

Even if it doesnt work with acting she has a great education in languages, she could pick this up again and earn well (so doesnt even have to be Starbucks). THAT would be her showing that she is a strong independent woman, not crying on social media while you sip on your wine and the nanny cleans up your house.
AE told the FMs that $4k is his rent on FB. They were complaining about him wasting money. It should all go to AE of course lol

I get the feeling AE doesn't really want to work unless it's acting but she doesn't even have an agent. I agree she should use her languages but does she want too? As for her working in Starbucks? LOL Even with a job, that fancy house would be a struggle for her to pay for. Maybe she could if she ditched the Nanny and learnt to cook though? Anyway it's not gonna happen.

She left out 3 tiny words to complete her statement - it should actually read:
"Three passions have governed my life. The longing for love on social media, the search for knowledge on social media + the unbearable pity for suffering on social media." 😆
Good one! I also fixed it for AE.

"Three passions have governed my life. The longing for fans to love me, the search for people who don't like me so I can vilify them online + the unbearable self-pity for my own self-inflicted suffering."

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Exactly. Either work and have a nanny or don't work and don't have a nanny and learn to cook. She needs to budget like everyone else but it seems she doesn't want to, doesn't want to work and doesn't want her husband to work ( if there really are no jobs in L.A. he will.obviously have to go where the work is)yet still wants to maintain her lifestyle. That's not how life is unfortunately
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Alice wants to have her cake and eat it too. It all goes back to the old “entitlement”she believes is her due.🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.