Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

M33L4

VIP Member
Slight derail but the Rosie Bush thread is madness. Just occurred to me Alice is the LA version of a Glasgow scheme maw with a pool 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

tropeonarope

Chatty Member
What is Ioan’s solicitor called again? I’ve got Leon etched on my brain but I can’t remember hers. Dammit, it’s on the tip of my tongue. Please help.

welp

VIP Member
lol thank you so much! the expression I was looking for was more something that captures when some is acting like a misogynistic idiot, but I'm totally in love with rumgurken!
I'd go with "Macker" then. it's similary used to chauvinist, though the literal translation would be companion (from Dutch I believe) and as always in German the same word can have tons have meanings: you often call somebodys boyfriend like this if you want to emphasize their relationship on the sexual aspects in a derogative way lol

• Heart

Shadow_Wolf

How very dare you. Noel is always far better turned out 😂
Whenever I read ’how very dare you’, I can’t help but read it as it’s said in 0:05 - 0:07 in this clip:

ETA: why can I see mAlice saying it this way?!

Last edited:
  • Haha

tropeonarope

Chatty Member
I wanted to go back and look at the reference to this video in the evidence submitted for TRO but the link in the Wiki no longer works?! Does anybody remember what the legal papers said about the Marj video?
I don’t remember the video being referenced but I’ll check now. Brb.

ETA. The link I had no longer works either.

papaotis

You don't need a "physical breach" of the TRO. It includes harassment through the internet, social media, emails. It's called a domestic violence restraining order because they are intimate partners/married. Otherwise, he would have had to pursue a civil harassment restraining order. The word "violence" in this case is broader than physical actions.
Ah my apologies, I stand corrected!

Sausage Surprise !

Erm, can I offer Janette and Ian Krankie to the party guestlist (also swingers, and they have admitted it). Also, there's that old saying that anyone with pampas grass in their garden holds swinging parties (bit of an old joke for our family - my dad used to have some in his garden in the 1980s/90s :unsure: :ROFLMAO:).
Noo ,Not the Krankies ! Come to think of it though they played swingers on Benidorm - friends of Jacqueline lol

• Haha

SusanC

VIP Member
There is absolutely no way that Ioan has discussed his relationship with Alice nor would it be included in correspondence from lawyers. I believe the BS about remarrying in two years is part of the fiction she's wrote to make out that Ioan was gaslighting her along with all the other little snippets she's started dropping. I see you Alice and know exactly what your game is 👀
BIB - sorry, what am I missing? Wouldn't the whole purpose of the lawyers be to discuss the relationship with Alice?

Reactions: 3

StoneMountain

VIP Member
I know nothing is as it seems, that's why I ask the question. Certainly I'm not thinking anything to do with affluence.
The father is a distinguished mathematician and the mother's older brother is emeritus professor at University of Birmingham He's a physicist. In Hamburg, he helped develop detectors for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at Geneva and was involved in the ATLAS experiment which discovered the Higgs boson. Yet at least one son is anti-science, in his late 40's. Not a teenager in rebellion but an adult in his late 40's by now. That's some pretty heavy rebellion going on there. Long lasting rejection of parental values.
please - just for clarification: are these persons Alice's family or Ioan's family?
(thanks)

Reactions: 3

jesskell

I’m gonna say noswaith dda this time because it’s still dark and I’m tired of saying “bore da” lol. 🌙 Hope you’re all well and kickin’.

I’m still a few pages behind but re: Ioan scaring Ella during that rugby match and getting screamed at by Alice

My opinion differs just a tiny bit in that I believe Ioan SHOULD have apologized to Ella. I noticed some commentary from other friends who thought he should just be free to enjoy the game, BUT, and maybe I’m around too many parent-friends who read too much intense parenting literature: Ioan DID frighten her, and it’s normal and perhaps, in fact, necessary to apologize to your children when you’ve done something that scares them. It’s fine to be excited over a sports game on the telly—not so much fine if your shouting (even if it’s joy-shouting) frightens your baby to the point of tears and wailing and hurrying off to her room.

And this part is purely speculation but I suspect there was a lot of yelling in that home, and if Ella is anything like I was/am (growing up with screaming, particularly angry-screaming), she has probably been rendered very, very nervous around people raising their voices. You can’t factor out trauma, you just can’t. So, in my opinion, it was only fair for Ioan to knock on her door and apologize. Ain’t nothing wrong with saying sorry to your kid, and maybe he could have given her a gentle warning that he might do it again BUT that he’ll try to be a little more controlled so as not to upset her.

My only issue was Alice (1) recording the whole thing, (2) posting the whole thing, and (3) yelling at Ioan in the first place. You can be irritated with your spouse for doing something that frightened your child but yelling is unnecessary and the hurt in his eyes as he kept saying sorry was really hard to watch.

Anywho, back to my catch-up!
Does anybody have this video? I haven’t seen it

Reactions: 2

StoneMountain

VIP Member
--------- Time for ---------
Thread Title Suggestions

(please put suggestions in bold)

( previous suggestion @ post #818 )

Jemadah

VIP Member
sorry all, I will never get the hang of doing spoilers. I thought I did it right this time but no luck 😪
When you click the spoiler button, type something into the box it pops up to be your text link (even if you just type 'spoiler') then when you click Continue the cursor will be where you need to type your actual post text (which is between the two lots of HTML that appear) which will automatically make it a spoiler 🙂