Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #95 Alice knows her ABC’s… but missed out P, R and O

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of depression, only one person looks depressed in this photo and it isn't AE. I think he was depressed for a long time but was trying to keep it together for the sake of the kids. Being publicly shamed on SM by AE for being depressed and unhappy is the icing on the cake.

View attachment 1240766

View attachment 1240765

:sick:

Also AE missed the feminist memo. Don't base your entire identity and self-worth on the man you are with as they can and do leave.

ETA this makes me wonder if she will ever let the kids leave home. Her whole identity now is based on being mother to 2 "babies".

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I like that Alice recently started following Helen Skelton

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
On the subject of depression, only one person looks depressed in this photo and it isn't AE. I think he was depressed for a long time but was trying to keep it together for the sake of the kids. Being publicly shamed on SM by AE for being depressed and unhappy is the icing on the cake.
Can I just make a slight comment - this isn't a response to you, but just in general, because we talk about depression a lot and it just popped into my head - we need to be a bit more careful with online diagnosing depression. Unhappiness and sadness are not depression. They can lead to it, but it's not the same thing, and the first two are basic human conditions, while depression is a medical condition that should be treated. Alice might be there with depression, but I'm not sure about Ioan? Is there any proof? Or was he just really unhappy and fed up?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Can I just make a slight comment - this isn't a response to you, but just in general, because we talk about depression a lot and it just popped into my head - we need to be a bit more careful with online diagnosing depression. Unhappiness and sadness are not depression. They can lead to it, but it's not the same thing, and the first two are basic human conditions, while depression is a medical condition that should be treated. Alice might be there with depression, but I'm not sure about Ioan? Is there any proof? Or was he just really unhappy and fed up?
That’s a very good point, Buzzard.

Though I’d also like to add that Ioan was indeed depressed for maybe 2 years after the second Fantastic Four movie tanked in theatres. This coming from his own mouth during an interview, if I’m not mistaken. Now, whether or not he has actually been diagnosed with depression by a certified psychiatrist is a different story, so I’m simply basing this evidence off of what he has said about himself.

I also wonder if people can be depressed without it needing to be an ongoing, permanent illness? (For example: possibly Ioan’s depression, where he might not have needed medication to treat it for those 2 years?) Can depression sometimes be just a state of being? Something you fall into and then get out of? I don’t know because I can only speak of my own depression, which requires medicine and is pretty permanent.

Anyone have the spoons to educate? ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Also AE missed the feminist memo. Don't base your entire identity and self-worth on the man you are with as they can and do leave.
Since the moment Alice discovered social media she has been pedaling her 'perfect' Hollywood family life with Ioan as the hook. Even on the Etsy handbag posts she was hashtagging #IoanGruffudd and on posts of just the children, it's #cutekids#IoanGruffudd. She even hashtagged Ioan on her 'upcycled' 99 cents store flip flops, ffs. Her entire identity and sm presence have been as Ioan's wife and mother of his children to the degree that you can pinpoint when it started to become a problem in their marriage, she started framing posts of a reluctant/sleeping Ioan as her providing a public service for his fans and taking one for the team because she knew she was going against his wishes and invading his privacy and he wasn't going to be happy about it. She is absolutely fuming that not only does Bianca now have that space, but Ioan is happy to be actively involved in Bianca's social media.

ETA this makes me wonder if she will ever let the kids leave home. Her whole identity now is based on being mother to 2 "babies".
She is already resentful that Ella won't allow herself to be photographed because you are right, that is now her entire identity. Her children will leave home though, and they won't look back and she is going to be in the same position she is now except 10 years older. I am hoping that they leave home well before that though and get to be with their dad for a reset, at least 50% of the time if not 100%

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Lovely to see Ioan getting together with his old Pobol y Cwm co-stars yesterday. 😍 You get the feeling there were so many people he wasn’t allowed to meet up with before the split. They mention not having seen him for a very long time.
Oh I love that he is meeting up with the people his career started with ♥

Thank you @tropeonarope and welcome to posting! Love your user name btw (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't stand her voice. Every time I hear it I get the heebies. The whole lisp thing. Ugh.
It wasn't always like that though was it?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That’s a very good point, Buzzard.

Though I’d also like to add that Ioan was indeed depressed for maybe 2 years after the second Fantastic Four movie tanked in theatres. This coming from his own mouth during an interview, if I’m not mistaken. Now, whether or not he has actually been diagnosed with depression by a certified psychiatrist is a different story, so I’m simply basing this evidence off of what he has said about himself.

I also wonder if people can be depressed without it needing to be an ongoing, permanent illness? (For example: possibly Ioan’s depression, where he might not have needed medication to treat it for those 2 years?) Can depression sometimes be just a state of being? Something you fall into and then get out of? I don’t know because I can only speak of my own depression, which requires medicine and is pretty permanent.

Anyone have the spoons to educate? ❤
Yes you can absolutely RTP. There is situational depression and reactive depression. where you may develop depression/ experience a depressive episode due to external factors like, for example, an unhappy marriage, death of a loved one, etc. medication may or may not help in these cases.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
follow up from last thread
she did not it seems, only her response to the divorce filing (with nearly a year delay) was entered after the TRO came

presumably they see no rush if they actually try to settle off court though.
It would be typical of her to not file the financial papers in order to hold things up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but until she does file those papers, there can be no financial settlement for the divorce. As far as settling anything out of court, I don't see that happening. That would need negotiation and compromise, of which she is simply incapable. It's my way or the highway with her, otherwise they would have done a collaborative divorce and be getting on with their lives. Her outrageous demands - sole custody, full child support, full spousal support (including all her insurances, medicals, etc.), her not working to contribute to her and the children's upkeep, keeping the house ... in short, Ioan continues to pay for everything and loses his children for good - don't jibe with someone willing to negotiate.

I'm afraid Ioan is in for a continued long, hard fight, so I'm glad he's getting some much needed and deserved R&R right now. It is just beyond me how she gets away with everything. Shouldn't she be held in contempt for willfully ignoring deadlines and agreements? Hopefully, with a PRO in place, his position is strengthened regarding custody, but how do you enforce it and how do you keep this abominable person from continuing the PA (=child abuse)? And I don't for a minute believe she's turning over a new leaf by being relatively quiet right now. The minute the TRO expires, she'll be up and at it again.

I struggle to come up with negative adjectives for her anymore. Maybe HRC's "deplorable" sums it up?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes you can absolutely RTP. There is situational depression and reactive depression. where you may develop depression/ experience a depressive episode due to external factors like, for example, an unhappy marriage, death of a loved one, etc. medication may or may not help in these cases.
Yes, agreed. It would be impossible to tell, though, without interviewing the person and getting the backstory, as it were.

Reactions: 12
It would be typical of her to not file the financial papers in order to hold things up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but until she does file those papers, there can be no financial settlement for the divorce. As far as settling anything out of court, I don't see that happening. That would need negotiation and compromise, of which she is simply incapable. It's my way or the highway with her, otherwise they would have done a collaborative divorce and be getting on with their lives. Her outrageous demands - sole custody, full child support, full spousal support (including all her insurances, medicals, etc.), her not working to contribute to her and the children's upkeep, keeping the house ... in short, Ioan continues to pay for everything and loses his children for good - don't jibe with someone willing to negotiate.

I'm afraid Ioan is in for a continued long, hard fight, so I'm glad he's getting some much needed and deserved R&R right now. It is just beyond me how she gets away with everything. Shouldn't she be held in contempt for willfully ignoring deadlines and agreements? Hopefully, with a PRO in place, his position is strengthened regarding custody, but how do you enforce it and how do you keep this abominable person from continuing the PA (=child abuse)? And I don't for a minute believe she's turning over a new leaf by being relatively quiet right now. The minute the TRO expires, she'll be up and at it again.

I struggle to come up with negative adjectives for her anymore. Maybe HRC's "deplorable" sums it up?
I can see her pulling that if she did not have an attorney, but Leon has to work with other attorneys on other divorce cases and I cannot see him not filing, because she does not want to. Maybe it was filed as part of her response to Ioan's petition? Also as an attorney the court will hold his feet to the fire. He has been practising for 30 years so Alice is not his first rodeo.

• Heart
As someone who lacks pride in her American culture (lol) I can only imagine the thrill and pride you have in being Welsh, and it makes me very happy. You are so blessed to belong to such an incredible, culturally vibrant, and compassionate family. 🥰 I’m submitting a DNA test soon to further explore my roots and you’ll know if I find out that I have any Welsh blood because you’ll hear me screaming from America, lol. ❤
lol! DNA or no, with your love & respect for the Welsh language and culture we’d be lucky to have you. That counts so much more than genetics anyway – I mean, mAlice is something like 80% Welsh isn’t she, and as far as I’ve seen has only ever said disparaging hateful stuff. Compared to Bianca who isn’t Welsh at all* but is respectfully trying out a few sentences with Ioan’s friends.

(* I *think* I saw somewhere that Wallace is a Welsh name though. By someone trying to claim William Wallace/Braveheart had some Welsh heritage. Probably wishful thinking on our behalf though! 🤣 We often want to be more like the Scots/Irish!! 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Didn't she tweet something about holding up the divorce for years? I just skimmed through the TRO documents, and saw her claim she's made it her life's work to fight Ioan. BTW, did she ever take her kids to that cottage she rented in Devon for two weeks last summer, or was that just another kidney donation? Agh, I need a shower.

Edited because I just read my post and want to make it very clear that my need for a shower is because I feel dirty after reading those horrendous texts, not because I am in any way a stinky chipmunk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Surely there is a penalty if somebody doesn't disclose their financial status for the court in a divorce case? How is it even possible for that to drag on? She should be told that unless she submits the papers in two weeks, the court will reward Ioan with whatever he wants. She'd be ringing Leon immediately to get it done.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
you are meant to submit your financials within two months after the other party did (Ioan did on 7th january, so she is two months late), she already was very late with her response, that one has to be done within one month of you getting the divorce papers (early march, so by early april), she did it 15th february (so over 10 months late, I guess she was hoping until the RO that it isnt happening lol). She is lucky that Ioan's lawyers didnt try to default the divorce, unless they had actually a written agreement to suspend any deadline (very typical in collaborative divorce actually). Let's put it this way: the courts don't like this sort of stuff. But I reckon the reason why she hasn't submit this yet is because they try to settle.

It's quite possible to drag on a divorce (and she has announced as much, although without cash you can't really do this) but normally it's not done this way as the courts have clear deadlines. But of course trying to settle for months and then not doing it, then moving in court can be seen as dragging if it's intentional. It takes many months to get a court date then, another 6-8 months (3 months for trying to negotiate, 3-5 months for the court date) gone.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.