Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #94 Covid negative, but positively desperate for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With Alice it boils down to her own insecurities about her body and using her daughter's to booster her own image as if this is the most important thing: I may not look good anymore but have you seen my daughter? Clearly losing her looks has been a huge challenge for Alice given how much she relied on them in the past.
This. She is using the good looking daughters to get the status and attention that she used to get from the good looking husband.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I
This is for everyone, not just you, dear Howdy:

To be honest, I struggle a lot with aspects of that baby post, in particular, because my mother used to make lil comments about my boobs when I was growing up. She made them to me. And I’ll defend my mother until the end because that was one of her many ways of being proud of everything about me and I love her for it/it’s nobody’s place to tell me that the ways in which my mother expressed genuine (reciprocated) love for me was wrong. They were just rare, passing, funny remarks about my boobs, about me becoming a “pretty lil lady” or about how the boys will soon be “ringin’ my damn doorbell every hour, baby girl.” (Spoiler: they sure as duck didn’t, lol.) I always laughed. I liked her humor.

I honestly think the line of what is appropriate vs. inappropriate regarding this subject is REALLY fuzzy and depends on multiple factors. What makes me uncomfy with Alice specifically is that she, like…this will be hard to explain, but I see a difference between her and my mother. Alice made those comments to 70-some-thousand people (maybe a handful of them possibly people with filthy interests in children, btw). My mother just made them to me, not even friends; maybe because to her, that was as far as she personally wanted to take them, not making them to anyone but me. Alice has also made comments about vaginas—there was once a photo of her and the girls and she said something to the effect of, “All vaginas and not a dick in sight (referring to Ioan).” For me, personally, vaginas are where I get particularly uncomfy; like, talking about your daughter’s vaginas? Talking about them to thousands of strangers? I’m sorry if my feelings offend anyone, but that’s where I personally don’t feel as comfortable anymore.

If Alice had made that “jugs” comment to herself or to Ioan while idly looking at the photo trying to figure out which baby girl was pictured, I feel that’s a totally different scenario and I wouldn’t have minded at all, because it reminds me of my mother and her own little jokes. But just…the audience to whom she makes these jokes, and what body parts she’s referencing, and how OFTEN she makes these jokes, is where it gets a bit murky for me.

Like I said, it’s a very fuzzy line. Please, please, I hope no one will tell me it’s not, because that’d literally be insulting/criticizing the way my mother loved me in a personal relationship between the two of us…it’s a fuzzy line, full-stop, even if it doesn’t feel that way to someone else. And I really hope this whole talking-about-your-daughters’-body-parts convo in which I’ve chosen to partake doesn’t spark huge debate, and if it does then I hope we can all respect each other to the highest degree. It’s a very hard thing to parse, but what I can definitively say is that Alice is doing it wrong.
100% agree. I failed to clarify that my child is in primary school and as such I feel concerned talking to her about what kind of body type she has at this very young age. She will be bombarded by media images, labels and comparisons as she grows and she will draw her own conclusions but right now I aim to protect her as best I can from body labels. I see no particular issue with what your mother said to you because it was private, between you, not blasted to random strangers on the internet. It is a fuzzy line and everyone's family dynamics are different but the public nature of Alice's comments ARE inappropriate, in my opinion. Peace and love to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This. She is using the good looking daughters to get the status and attention that she used to get from the good looking husband.
I'm actually finding myself feeling sad again for Alice 🙄 I think she's partly lost her identity in Ioan leaving her. She looks very unwell and the glassy eyes when she posts videos of herself shows she's still under the influence of alcohol. Why doesn't one of the friends she boasts about take her under their wing?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm actually finding myself feeling sad again for Alice 🙄 I think she's partly lost her identity in Ioan leaving her. She looks very unwell and the glassy eyes when she posts videos of herself shows she's still under the influence of alcohol. Why doesn't one of the friends she boasts about take her under their wing?
I can feel "it's sad" to see someone in that state, and for her children but can't forget how vicious and nasty she has been so the sympathy for her isn't there.

Reactions: 30
They seem to enjoy the circus as much as anyone. It’s such a shame she doesn’t have anyone to guide her. They’re too busy arguing on Twitter than actually supporting Alice. I’m pretty sure Ioan and Bianca will have her blocked on social media and it seems she does these videos and posts of the kids after anything remotely cute from I&B so it’s fair to say they are sending her them. That’s not friendship.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
1. I’m impressed by anyone who can recite the alphabet backwards that quickly! Especially in another language as well (but let’s see the evidence if you’re going to boast)

2. that tongue???? Why aren’t you checking your posts before posting???? Looks like oral thrush! 🥂

3. ELSIE IS GORGEOUS AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE SEEING ANY CONTENT WITH HER IN IT! She’s just such a sweet girl and it’s so nice to see some happiness in her no matter what it is. Must have had some very hard months and I like to see hersmile.

4. Poor bloody dog!

5. Ioan man, what were you thinking! (See pic)

C630ED4F-35C3-4BC2-9EC8-8748868C9F27.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
They are her possessions, and social media is her showcase. No one other than her friends and family (I know, I know) needs to see videos of her girls.

My guess is that as they get older and less willing to be her featured attraction she will start posting more of the snide comments she used to use when she had Ioan on her socials. She’s already doing it with Elsie but if Ella stands firm on not being shown … she will go after her as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
btw Ioan is not in the new Dr. Strange, some scenes leaked today, but it seems like that Krasinski Reed Variant gets killed off, so it might be better that way :ROFLMAO:

They are her possessions, and social media is her showcase. No one other than her friends and family (I know, I know) needs to see videos of her girls.

My guess is that as they get older and less willing to be her featured attraction she will start posting more of the snide comments she used to use when she had Ioan on her socials. She’s already doing it with Elsie but if Ella stands firm on not being shown … she will go after her as well.
I mean this whole "oh she is in a teenage phase blabla" is already hugely problematic. Plenty people genuinely dont like it in many situations, even if they are 20, 30 or 40 - already expecting a "return" date for Ella to a open attraction for her circus comes across as demanding, consistently mentioning it defeating the purpose of her not wanting to be shown. She is lucky if Ella doesnt end up reacting badly to it - like her father.

Reactions: 15
btw Ioan is not in the new Dr. Strange, some scenes leaked today, but it seems like that Krasinski Reed Variant gets killed off, so it might be better that way :ROFLMAO:

I mean this whole "oh she is in a teenage phase blabla" is already hugely problematic. Plenty people genuinely dont like it in many situations, even if they are 20, 30 or 40 - already expecting a "return" date for Ella to a open attraction for her circus comes across as demanding, consistently mentioning it defeating the purpose of her not wanting to be shown. She is lucky if Ella doesnt end up reacting badly to it - like her father.
It is telling that she can't possibly imagine people don't want to be plastered on social media. This not being in control must madden her.

It's also possible Ella has no problem being on her friends' SM but wants nothing to do with the toxic waste dump that is her mother's.

Reactions: 29
It's also possible Ella has no problem being on her friends' SM but wants nothing to do with the toxic waste dump that is her mother's.
Yes that crossed my mind too and is very possibly the case. She obviously uses social media herself.

Long time lurker, first time commenting-firstly, thank you all so much, I’ve learned loads from these threads❤Secondly, what’s going on with Alice’s eyes in the video? Could be my imagination but they are looking very yellow. Jaundiced now through alcohol and meds? Not good and always an indicator of health. Also the tongue🤮Get a scraper👍

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I think this comment shows she is not a ridiculous fan-girl who deliberately chased down Ioan.

"Sweetie, I love you but not enough to watch you playing a rapist."

She really doesnt get how bad it sounds that under every post about Elsie she has to mention how desperate she is to post about Ella. Not only does it sound like there is preference it's also showing how desperate she is to use kids as props, and it's also disrespectful towards Ella: if I say I dont want then I would expect someone to respect it instead of pointing it out over and over again. Same mistake she did with Ioan. Also what parent gushes on SM over the great body of her 12 year old :sick:
View attachment 1234053
PS: i really hope those videos are not representative about how they pick up Emma
I think it's - again - a representative of the lack of discipline in that house. Definitely should have been a "sweetie, we don't pick up Emma that way. You might hurt her."

OMFG! How did I miss that!!! Her upper arm is skinner than her wrist ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I can't stop looking at it! If there was a view count on pictures, it would say "1000 views" and 999 of them are mine. 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
AE is v.predictable. BW posts a loving set of photos with AE’s ex. In order to prick IG’s bubble of happiness she showcases Elsie’s madcap antics. Look what you are missing IG. Except IG is happy and when he gets access back to his kids, his happiness will be complete. Those latest photos of BW with IG’s hand will have hurt.

I can imagine how this would go: "Cogs, Elsie can finally read, thanks to me, the best mom in the world"
Screenshot_20220501-194541_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220501-194639_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.