Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #92 The Chronicles of YoBee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🥰There was a pic of Big Al on her honeymoon in the article, but I thought I would spare you😂
It’s a study in contrasts - assuming IG took that photo of AE in the Maldives, and the photo of BW in Scotland - it’s like chalk and cheese.
Have to say, they are both beautiful photos .

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She's an influencer without intending to be! 🤣

I love this little group of mutual support - sometimes you just don't want to talk to RL friends but rather supportive and anonymous strangers for support and advice. Did the off topic thread go too and is it back?

It's a pity that Alice doesn't have a positive group of friends, whether IRL or online to hold a mirror up to her but I suspect that she's driven them all away by her own actions. She would rather wallow in hate, bile and alcohol. It's brilliant that Yobee are no longer suffering from her but I dread to think what she's subjecting the girls to.
BIB - still there! (y)😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
They filmed Hornblower in Ukraine? Ah on the Black Sea.

In other news, not sure if this has been mentioned, but IMDb have the cast (so far) for Ray of Sunshine as just BW - character Eva Seren. No mention of IG other than as Director and Exec Producer. Is that normal if he is acting in it too?

Also Jimmy Gadd is credited as both director and second/assistant director. Is IG taking the reins if it’s going ahead?

View attachment 1176195
The deadline article sounded like he only very recently joined the project (probably as a favour as otherwise this movie would have almost no chance to be made), so he may have no role yet or doesnt want to commit to one yet.

He certainly gets about doesn’t he but it’s a bit kitsch for me. If I ever meet him on a mountain pass in the Himalayas or anywhere else, I’ll rate him as traveler and not a tourist. There was just too much emphasis on the resorts/hotels. 🤷🏻‍♀️
TBF he seems quite a nature lover these days, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s developing a more authentic travel style. Not that I’m a bit picky about this stuff or anything.😁

ETA I don’t know why I said the Himalayas of all places but you know what I mean. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I support this post wholeheartedly. I am in bad shape waiting on stenosis of the spine surgury. But the world needs this thread as I do! Love ya'll. Phenomenal turds!!! Rock on.
Really hope you don't have too much longer to wait. 🙏 Hugs,❤ xxx 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He certainly gets about doesn’t he but it’s a bit kitsch for me. If I ever meet him on a mountain pass in the Himalayas or anywhere else, I’ll put him down as traveler and not a tourist. There was just too much emphasis on the resort/hotel. 🤷🏻‍♀️
TBF he seems quite a nature lover these days, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s developing a more authentic travel style. Not that I’m a bit picky about this stuff or anything.😁
I think Alice’s style is very much more 5* hotels and resorts which would fit with her prancing around Paris with Olivier and her current delusions about being a known actress in Hollywood.

I can't see her enjoying countryside walks and views, however beautiful, whereas Bianca laps it up. No gurning either.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
He certainly gets about doesn’t he but it’s a bit kitsch for me. If I ever meet him on a mountain pass in the Himalayas or anywhere else, I’ll rate him as traveler and not a tourist. There was just too much emphasis on the resort/hotel. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I could see Alice influencing domineering him as to where they went. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I support this post wholeheartedly. I am in bad shape waiting on stenosis of the spine surgury. But the world needs this thread as I do! Love ya'll. Phenomenal turds!!! Rock on.
Sending lots of good wishes to you! I hope the surgery goes well xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
thanks for mention of the hearing date. my prophetic pierced left titty stopped being pointy when i read “14th june” which is a sure sign of impending, potentially everlasting peace in this chaotic, year-long crusade. as always, i trust her. ❤ #mammarymagic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think the 'Secret' book stuff isn't my kind of thing so much - in my old age (well, wrong side of 35 at least) I get kind of cynical :D
Though might be perpetual tiredness...who knows? Maybe a crystal bracelet or something helps me but I reckon so would a soundproof panic room :D
I’m an old cynic and struggle with the Happy Clappy Hippy Dippy manifesting mindset stuff that perhaps young’uns like Bianca subscribe to, but like you, I think it’s an age (and in my case a more general grumpiness) thing 😜

If that’s your thing and you’re a glass half full kind of person then full your boots and have at the happy clappy stuff. Why not. Except maybe not round me too much. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
They filmed Hornblower in Ukraine? Ah on the Black Sea.

In other news, not sure if this has been mentioned, but IMDb have the cast (so far) for Ray of Sunshine as just BW - character Eva Seren. No mention of IG other than as Director and Exec Producer. Is that normal if he is acting in it too?

Also Jimmy Gadd is credited as both director and second/assistant director. Is IG taking the reins if it’s going ahead?

View attachment 1176195
Seren means Star in Welsh

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Had no idea the thread had gone kaput but good to see you all here. Here's hoping June brings a summer of silence from Alice

A brief recap.

All still quiet on the Alice front apart from the usual threats of much to reveal when her side is heard, blah blah blah.
As far as we know the next hearing date remains 14th June to determine if her TRO becomes a PRO. 🙏

Yo 🐝 still enjoying their Scottish & Welsh travels with another quick visit to England & the Peak District.

Two happy selfies taken with fans in different locations.

A lovely IG thank you from a restaurant they visited & some staff were star struck after enjoying a chat with 'Hollywood Royalty' as they were called!

View attachment 1176039

Ioan looking more & more like a silver fox & a very happy one - the genuine smiles are speaking volumes! 😁🥰

The last thread was locked for 24 hours due to repeated ignoring of warnings. Talk to be about Alice, Ioan & Bianca only. 🙏 (I incl' myself in this.)

If I've forgotten anything (which I probably have) please add! 😘
Thank you @Just William for the recap

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Came across another Q&A with Ioan from 2011, interestingly he appears to regret not changing his name.
Ioan Gruffudd: Q and A with the Welsh actor | Daily Mail Online

What’s your USP? (Unique Selling Point)
I’m the guy with the unpronounceable name – that’s my branding [it’s Yo-an Griffith].
In a town and an industry that I so dearly love, I should have listened to my agents years
ago and changed my name. Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio – you look
at their pictures and you know instantly who they are. You look at a picture of me and
you go, ‘I know that guy… It’s the guy with the unpronounceable name!’ I’m watching Mad Men at the moment. I’d love to sit down with the ad guys in the series and find out how they’d rebrand me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
First holiday memory?
A trip to Pembrokeshire. I grew up in Aberdare and some of the nicest beaches close by were at Tenby and Saundersfoot. I remember playing cricket with my brother and father on the sand.
Best holiday?
My honeymoon in the Maldives. Alice and I got married at the One&Only Palmilla in Los Cabos, Mexico, and were staying at the One&Only Kanuhura in the Maldives. It was lovely and intimate, but when we arrived, they insisted that we go to their more lavish property, Reethi Rah. Luckily they gave us the same rate. It was incredible. We had a bungalow over the water.
Favourite place in the British Isles?
My father grew up in Llangyndeyrn on a small mountain in Carmarthenshire. My grandmother still lives there; whenever we go to visit her, I feel there is something magical about it.
What have you learnt from your travels?
The Mark Twain quote "travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness" sums it up. Growing up in Wales, there was a lot of fervour about being Welsh. But the more that I travelled, I realised that people aren't always interested in where you're from, but who you are.
Ideal travelling companion?
My wife Alice. We travelled together quite a bit before our daughter Ella arrived three years ago. Alice worked as an actress in Italy and France before she did in the UK, so we've travelled a lot there.
Greatest travel luxury?
Often in my game as an actor, someone else pays for your travel and there's nothing like being able to lie flat on a flight home from LA.
Holiday reading?
On a trip to Cabo San Lucas, I was obsessed with Donna Tartt's The Secret History. We were staying at the Esperanza hotel doing all sorts of lovely things, but I couldn't wait to get back to the book at night.
Where has seduced you?
Palm Beach, Sydney. It's where they shoot Home and Away and it's paradise, with the Hawkesbury River on one side and the ocean on the other.
Better to travel or arrive?
Travel has become torturous, especially now we have a daughter who is three. She was awake for the duration of a flight from Los Angeles to Zurich and was so tired that she cried for what felt like five hours. Eventually she passed out 45 minutes before we landed.
Worst travel experience?
Travelling to Yalta in Ukraine to shoot the first series of Horatio Hornblower in 1996. We flew to Kiev, then there was an internal flight and a three-hour drive – it was the furthest I'd felt from home and my heart just sank as the journey continued.
Worst hotel?
A hostel in Budapest in 1992. I woke up in the middle of the night to clicking sounds next to the bed. I pulled back the material on the side of the bed and it was full of cockroaches.
Best hotel?
Claridge's, for the old-school service. Some of these "cool" hotels forget that you're spending an absolute fortune to stay there, but at Claridge's, you're made to feel like a king.
Best meal abroad?
A steak house in Tokyo where they cook the meat tepanyaki-style in front of you. I had a lovely sirloin and my wife, who is a pescatarian, ordered prawns, which arrived alive. The chopped them all up, heads and all, then cooked them. It was so delicious, though.
Favourite city?
Berlin. I felt like I belonged there, even though I don't speak German. It's a very youthful place – very fresh and exciting.
Where next?
We've just been to Portland, Oregon, which was really beautiful. However, I don't have any travel plans at the moment because I don't know what I'm doing next.
Yo seems very clued up about value for money. It’s important to him, as he mentions it often above. Seems to be a financially prudent person, unlike Alice. I suspect 🐝 and this holiday suits him more now that he is older and wiser

Reactions: 16
I hope this thread and all the gossip and news about Yo🐝 and Alice can take your mind off your spinal surgery
for a while. It’s a good place to be when life totally sucks. Wishing you all the best and hope you don’t have to wait too long, and that it improves your quality of life

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He certainly gets about doesn’t he but it’s a bit kitsch for me. If I ever meet him on a mountain pass in the Himalayas or anywhere else, I’ll rate him as traveler and not a tourist. There was just too much emphasis on the resorts/hotels. 🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA I don’t know why I said the Himalayas of all places but you know what I mean. 😂

However, Scotland does have its wee moments and the terrain can be rough, and they call the mountains hills..its nae an easy environment for most .We are rugged. Its freeing to be here and people are getting really pissed about caravans. I am reckoninng this is a business plus family plus breathing visit. That one picture of her was her at a coo gate! . Please be understanding about nae including this auld sod kitsch! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿[QUOTE="lulooo, post: 9214457, member: 308468

Yo seems very clued up about value for money. It’s important to him, as he mentions it often above. Seems to be a financially prudent person, unlike Alice. I suspect 🐝 and this holiday suits him more now that he is older and wiser
Tis Wesh, Scots and Irish to be canny about money. Its a cultural thing. Alice would have been strikin his soul about money. He has returned to his roots🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Thankyou, dear Turds for your k8ndness, affection and caring...I feel it! xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.