Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
Apparently Hugh Grant is in talks to be the new Dr Who. He would be perfect.
Hugh Grant 'is in talks to take over from Jodie Whittaker in Doctor Who' | Daily Mail Online
Hmm. Apart from Eccleston and of course Whitaker; the rest going back to Hartnell have been middle class white males. I’m sure Russell T is more adventurous than that 🤔. Also not sure Hugh would want all the press attention that goes with being the Doctor 🤔

Reactions: 1

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
another gem - 26th november
View attachment 1136297
(the thing she had recently discovered is that Therese Raquin thing that would "seal his fate" and that she can "no longer save him, but still can save the kids", probobly, or at least that's what she was banging on about a few days earlier as a ashocking discovery anyway)
Who is Therese? ( may have been discussing when I was trying to catch up with 30 threads before I started to comment here!)

I saw your link to the guardian but I’m It seeing the connection?!

Last edited:

omgucnt

VIP Member
With respect, it’s down to Bianca to decide whether it’s the best thing that ever happened to her. It’s not for anyone else to say her opinion about her own life is outright wrong.

I don’t like toxic positivity, it’s very much the opposite of the approach I favour, and can find it quite patronising and sickening when it’s applied to someone else’s situation by the speaker. The people who tell someone who’s child has cancer that it’s for the greater good or someone who has lost their home that it’s all part of a plan or who urge everyone forcefully and constantly to look on the bright side. While online dating I instantly rejected anyone who had the kind of glib ‘life’s short so have fun’ ‘don’t take life too seriously’ quotes.

but i’ve noticed Bianca doesn’t try and apply toxic positivity to others, she embodies positivity and chooses to view her own life and experiences through a lens of positivity, as is her right. I don‘t see her trying to walk around telling others to feel how she does.

As I’ve grown older I’ve found that often the people who are extremely ‘positive’ and share motivational cheesy quotes are the ones who rely on it to help them cope with and live with their own traumas, and I can’t fault them for that.
I get what you mean but I just find it fake myself.
We all have different opinions :)