Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #82 I’d rather be an unobtrusive lurker than an Alice Evans shirker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
David Tennant. I adore that man.
Stopped watching after he left, my youngest son was obsessed by him and wore the full suit with converse every single day. I knew his dad a bit too, lovely man.

Keeping it on topic, Ioan would be great in any capacity but especially the Dr.
Snap!! My youngest was utterly obsessed - he had the blue suit and the brown suit outfits, the red converse. Not to mention that blardy Sonic Screwdriver (that we once lost at a water park and had hours of misery until it turned up in lost property).
Back on topic, IG would be so great, and I’d finally be able to make my mind up when my son asks me (as he inevitably does at least once a year) “but WHO is your favourite Dr Mum?” 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I thought the exact same haha!

(not a response to the quote now, just general thoughts): Honestly, I don't think OP was that bothered about losing Alice, he was probably relieved that someone else would take her and the problem would go away.

They stayed in touch and friendly so I don't think he was particularly upset, just my take.

I don't really like the whole painting of Ioan as being this dumb babe in the woods who was spellbound by the brazen hussy Alice, he was an adult making his decisions back then just as he is now, he was with Alice because he wanted to be and it worked for him. He married her because when he weighed up losing her or marrying her, he chose to marry her (clearly it wasn't something he was thrilled about, but he still chose to do it, nobody had a gun to his head). I don't think we need to infantilise a grown man because we can't fathom the idea of choosing to be with someone like Alice.

Loads of people love the drama and excitement of being with someone like her, they get off on the ups and downs and unpredictability, the cycle of busting up and making up, she was attractive physically back then and worldly and confident, it's not hard to see why someone would want to date and be with her and it's a bit strange IMO to be feeling now, with hindsight, mad at or uncomfortable with Ioan for having been with her. He was with her for two entire decades. Clearly on some level it worked for him. Until it no longer did.
I think Ioan grew up and wanted off the Alice carousel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Snap!! My youngest was utterly obsessed - he had the blue suit and the brown suit outfits, the red converse. Not to mention that blardy Sonic Screwdriver (that we once lost at a water park and had hours of misery until it turned up in lost property).
Back on topic, IG would be so great, and I’d finally be able to make my mind up when my son asks me (as he inevitably does at least once a year) “but WHO is your favourite Dr Mum?” 😂
You know me for my stories but here we go 😂
I got my five oldest kids christened on the same day (another story for another day)
David’s dad Sandy was a locum minister at the church and was there. He had brought the children signed cards from David. My son on seeing Sandy pulled out his sonic screwdriver and the two of them were rolling about the floor having a duel, Sandy had one too. He was a terrific man with a beautiful soul. He was sooooo proud of David.

And yes, Ioan being in Dr Who would be great. Psycho grannies start a petition please. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Why do I have a feeling Alice believes the TRO expires on Friday and she can then say and do whatever suits her?
I think this too. She's too smug and gloaty. Anyone else on earth would be livid that they'd been gagged for another three months, but she thinks the postponing is funny.
In reality she's got to shut up and behave which we know won't happen!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Alice is cackling in a corner thinking she's been proved right and Ioan has nothing on her.
Sigh.
3 more months of backhanded digs from socks and awful nonsense word salads from loopymicropenisloo about how Alice was right all along.

Why couldn't he just have gone to bloody court and given her the legal dressing down she deserves!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I found some more from that event. It was 2002.

THIS IS HOW MUCH I WUV U BABY ANGEL!!!

View attachment 1111736
My laptop froze completely after the open gob photo came up.......then started gagging noisily until I switched it off!

I have refrained from posting the offensive photo again in order to protect other peoples electronic devices from a sight that can never be unseen.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Alice is cackling in a corner thinking she's been proved right and Ioan has nothing on her.
Sigh.
3 more months of backhanded digs from socks and awful nonsense word salads from loopymicropenisloo about how Alice was right all along.

Why couldn't he just have gone to bloody court and given her the legal dressing down she deserves!
Gives him time to muckrake some more. I hope it’s because he’s also sorting contact with the girls on his return to the US.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And yes, Ioan being in Dr Who would be great. Psycho grannies start a petition please. 😂
That would actually make me watch Dr Who. It's the weirdest thing, but I never got into it - and it wasn't for lack of trying. I generally love most of the TV stuff from across the Channel, but this is one of two that I just can't warm to. Maybe Yo would make all the difference, so count this psycho granny in! 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It would be incredible. I lost interest around Matt Smith. 9 and 10 were my favourites.
David Tennant (10) was by far the best, IMO, very closely followed by 11 (Matt Smith), and 4 (Tom Baker). If Ioan is a contender for the part (and gets it), he’ll easily tie with DT as favourite for me, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Gives him time to muckrake some more. I hope it’s because he’s also sorting contact with the girls on his return to the US.
What more muck does he need to rake up, he has more than enough to hang her out to dry. It seemed like now was the time to be proactive and do something and now there's nowt. Which she has been and will continue to crow about.

I hope he gets to see the girls but I don't see it happening.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
What more muck does he need to rake up, he has more than enough to hang her out to dry. It seemed like now was the time to be proactive and do something and now there's nowt. Which she has been and will continue to crow about.

I hope he gets to see the girls but I don't see it happening.
I’m sure the legal eagles will clarify the reasons once the 12 pages are available. It’s disgraceful that she has managed to alienate them for this long.

• Heart
  • Angry
Here’s to hoping all of Ioan’s ducks lay golden eggs.

He endured that awful marriage for way too long.

🍹 🥂 🥂 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Morning you lovely lot!

Been playing catch up on the previous and this thread.....malice seems to all light and love on insta (apart from the odd dig). She is clearly trying to paint herself in a new light.
ITS NOT WORKING !

• Haha
I’m sure the legal eagles will clarify the reasons once the 12 pages are available. It’s disgraceful that she has managed to alienate them for this long.
I think that was part of my hope that in doing something he would show her she couldn't continue withholding the children from him. Have someone else, someone with power, like a judge, tell her she is absolutely in the wrong. That she is a sick individual. OK obviously the judge wouldn't call her that but she's never been held accountable and I am a petulant child stamping my foot screeching that I wanted it to happen goddammit! 🙊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.