Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #8 As unhinged as her bathroom door

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! Long term lurker, first time poster, I’m quite excited to join this little community and hopefully find some like-minded people on this issue!? My thoughts are:

I don’t believe IG was having an affair, from snippets I’ve read I believe he genuinely agonised over ending his marriage.

If he was having an affair however, which was wrong of him, did he not attempt to rectify this by ending the marriage rather than having his cake & eating it too? If you are having an affair and wanting out your marriage, it seems like he made the only appropriate step?

as someone who has personally been through a highly contentious family court battle, Alice’s behaviour won’t be looked upon favourably, my barrister advised me at the start “sit on your hands if you have to, don’t text or post anything you won’t want a judge to see”

tellingly, my ex’s new wife was very vitriolic about me on facebook and the Judge tore him a new one for it (she said it created “toxicity” for the child) and it was written in to our family court order that we couldn’t nor permit anyone to denigrate the other on SM

hope my first contribution has been a good one!
So great to know that a judge can make an order like that! Here’s hoping.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It would be so interesting to work out how many hours (or minutes) per day she spends off twitter/giving full attention to her children. It's 2.30 am in LA

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I just wanted to bolt onto this part and say that just arrogance doesn’t lead to people not getting help. In Alice’s case, you may be right but I don’t want others reading this who have MH issues or perhaps just think they need help/support and haven’t sought just yet is arrogance. Not trying to tone police, I just want this to be a space where people feel supported for what they have and are going through and understand that everybody’s story, healing and progress is different and often not linear.

I have CPTSD and struggled for a long time to get help because I was terrified of having to discuss what I had gone through and understand the complexities of diagnosis, how that looks for my life going forward and how it’ll impact all other relationships.

ETA: throughout me not getting help I didn’t just abuse everybody around me like Alice is doing, I continued getting abused myself because I couldn’t see the warning signs or understand my worth.
I also have CPTSD I was comparing my lack of arrogance with AE's apparent arrogance. No one else's.

Reactions: 4
It would be so interesting to work out how many hours (or minutes) per day she spends off twitter/giving full attention to her children. It's 2.30 am in LA
Stress hormones do inhibit sleep dramatically. I bet she wakes during night having panic attacks. The cortisol produced by stress is highest at that time too. So First thing she does is tweet to bring up the endorphins. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t choose this. Man I’m softening to her again

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Stress hormones do inhibit sleep dramatically. I bet she wakes during night having panic attacks. The cortisol produced by stress is highest at that time too. So First thing she does is tweet to bring up the endorphins. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t choose this. Man I’m softening to her again
You know it and I know it that if she wanted help she could stop doing this. Her kids will be in PJ’s all day eating crackers whilst she sleeps

• Sad
Reactions: 12
You know it and I know it that if she wanted help she could stop doing this. Her kids will be in PJ’s all day eating crackers whilst she sleeps
I know. But it is very hard to control the stress and panic attacks even with medication. Cos you can only take so much benzo and it wears off quick. Just explaining her night time wanderings. She should pop another benzo and go back to sleep

Reactions: 2
I also have CPTSD I was comparing my lack of arrogance with AE's apparent arrogance. No one else's.
I’m sorry for your diagnosis of CPTSD - it is an absolute shitter and I wouldn’t wish it upon anybody. Like I said, I just wanted to be clear that this is a space for people to discuss or understand MH and not to jump down your throat. Apologies if it came across that way, it’s sometimes hard to convey what you actually mean via written text rather than in person - I’ll also be the first to admit, I’m pretty bad with words!

I know. But it is very hard to control the stress and panic attacks even with medication. Cos you can only take so much benzo and it wears off quick. Just explaining her night time wanderings. She should pop another benzo and go back to sleep
I’m not really sure how it works if you are in charge of minors, but could she not be given something to help her sleep (if she wanted it, that is)?

Reactions: 2
What about Ioan's male lovers? Have they spoken? I bet he had to put out for roles.
Why do you keep saying things like this? If he’s gay then he’s kept it extremely private but is doesn’t seem like there’s any evidence of it. Your comments about this (and the posting of topless photos of him) are really starting to come off as weird.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
This is bullshit.

IG had an interview sometime back in the 90’s, when he was living with Matthew Rhys, and when asked about the nature of their friendship, Ioan shared that he and Matthew are always very careful with each other’s feelings. He explicitly said that whenever one of them has an issue or feels offended by something, they acknowledge and resolve it as soon as possible. The two were very respectful of each other’s needs and preferences in that apartment—it’s probably why they’re still good friends today.

Anyone could argue that this relationship is different than IG’s marriage to AE, that “people can change,” but (1) I doubt that IG would be thoughtful towards Matthew and then just abruptly become non-communicative with Alice, and (2) if he did become closed-off, it is definitely because AE increasingly cornered him into a place where transparently sharing his frustration wasn’t safe for him anymore.

These people are morons.

A52DB07E-32EA-4284-8CD7-5242FB715C51.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is bullshit.

IG had an interview sometime back in the 90’s, when he was living with Matthew Rhys, and when asked about the nature of their friendship, Ioan shared that he and Matthew are always very careful with each other’s feelings. He explicitly said that whenever one of them has an issue or feels offended by something, they acknowledge and resolve it as soon as possible. The two were very respectful of each other’s needs and preferences in that apartment—it’s probably why they’re still good friends today.

Anyone could argue that that relationship is different than IG’s marriage to AE, that “people can change,” but (1) I doubt that he would be thoughtful towards Matthew and then just abruptly become non-communicative with Alice, and (2) if he did become closed-off, it is definitely because AE increasingly cornered him into a place where transparently sharing his frustration wasn’t safe anymore.

These people are morons.

View attachment 864856
I mean her bum limpets are both sad and stupid but at this point she encourages them so much she deserves them. She wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire in real life obviously, but some of them count her as an actual friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I really hope Gloria is a double agent and actually communicating with him several times a day.

I know he is filming and probably needs the money but he’s made of different stuff than me. I would be so terrified she was going to kill herself or the kids I would be back there in a flash, job or no job.

The circumstances are completely different but she/this reminds me of the attention seeking and drama and substance abuse by Paula Yates and I really don’t think it’s going to end well.

Reactions: 14
I'd hate to be her lawyers right now. Bet they're dying for her to STFU.

Who even is Polly?
I don’t know that Alice even has a lawyer to be fair. Polly took Alice on yesterday on Twitter and argued her point well. I think she won 😂

Reactions: 8
Why do you keep saying things like this? If he’s gay then he’s kept it extremely private but is doesn’t seem like there’s any evidence of it. Your comments about this (and the posting of topless photos of him) are really starting to come off as weird.
You should have discussed this privately with me. Not in front of these people. I am very saddened by your comment and won't post here again. :cry:

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.