Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #78 Cancel ur ho abs my TRO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find this whole "oh, he just maybe didnt want to deal with domestic worries" take highly problematic. It's almost like men are expected to just accept any behavior from a woman because it's part of life (menopause) or whatever, but no one ever would demand the same from women when they feel unhappy in their marriage, let alone if the husband shows abusive behavior (which Alice did, even if beyond extremely passive aggressive posts about him all the way back to 2015 maybe not certainly towards Ioan, but her twitter was off the charts already in 2019/20)
I can categorically state that I didn’t and don’t want to deal with domestic drudgery. I outsource when I can and where I can afford. It doesn’t mean you don’t want to parent. If I had a full time housekeeper and a small house I would be seventh heaven. These trite and glib statements mean nothing. Lots of people don’t like housework and chose not to do it If they can. Alice had the choice and she didnt do it and she didn’t do any breadwinning either.

Reactions: 21
Her posting of Victoria on cameo was designed to really hurt Victoria and anger @sweetandsour2022
Also her tweeting and then the next day possibly once sober going back and deleting tweets that she CLEARLY KNEW WERE WRONG, to me proves that she knows exactly what she is doing, it is calculated
Exactly this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
the only real questionmark I have on Ioan is just how much he is willing to fight for his kids. How much he is willing to compromise his relationship to his girlfriend (at the beginning) to repair that relationship, where his priorities lie etc.

I totally agree that it doesnt fit to the typical "sail off to a easy life with a young chick" stereotype. Bianca has a very serious disease. He chosed quite the opposite here.

As for Bianca: I am still not sold on her. For the reasons I outlined before and if Alice wasnt as terrible as she is I would view her a lot less favourably. The stereotype of the "fame hungry young chick that accepts living with an older man in order to get what she wants" is not disproven in my opinion, even if sticking with him through all of this despite her disease is a good sign (but it might also show how far she is willing to go for her dream).

As said before, caution on all players is appropriate. However, for Alice we already KNOW how she is like, so at this point I too cant see how you can defend her in any way. Even the whole "he told her over IG" narrative was put into a quite different context now, which was pretty much the only thing I felt a tiny bit sorry for her until recently (some feel sorry for her regarding the potential low-balling settlement, but I dont, if you sign a prenup and then act the way she does she just doesnt deserve him being generous)
I’d say that setting up celebs and especially actors as you heroes and moral heroes is generally a bad idea. They present themselves as they want to be seen as part of their job. It’s not who they are and like all humans they will be complex and flawed. As far as I can see they sit within the normal range of human frailties but who knows.

Ioan is not your average bloke from Wales with a nice smile and who is naive to the world. He might be affable but he didn‘t come up the Severn in a bubble. Neither did Bianca.

I am less concerned about his life with Bianca and where he places that in life priorities. I think like a lot of men he has a great deal of dedication to his career which is a vocation. He derives a lot from that. I spend a lot of time with those types (I‘m a slacker 🤣) and my OH has a definite vocation. He would never say that came before his children but he worked very long hours in his heyday.

I don’t think Ioan wants to choose. I can’t blame him in some ways. He should be able to work, be a parent and have a girlfriend. But that’s not always an option in life.

Reactions: 14
Loopy just makes me cringe so hard. He spends his whole life trawling the internet for stories of abused women, then thinks he can make them feel better by spouting faux-legalese and pretending to "advocate" for them, despite no-one ever actually asking him to. Even his usernames are cringey and juvenile, he's such a saddo. I bet if an actual woman ever spoke to him in real life, he'd wet himself with excitement.
Alice must be either extremely dim, or absolutely desperate to hitch a ride with that loon. He's probably relatively harmless whilst locked in his mum's basement, but I wouldn't want someone like him to have my contact details, that's for sure. She wants to be a bit more careful, he's only a plane ride away and I bet he knows where she lives.
Exactly this!

As as CSA and DA (ex) survivor, the last thing I would want is some unknown, pontificating, arrogant, creepy little male barging into my life and trying to disempower me by assuming a position of "white knight" and taking over!

It's not just sheer audacity, it's another form of abuse - using someone's vulnerability to assume a position of power in their life, whether wanted or not, and then taking over.

Thing is, in the case of mAlice, it's two abusers together ganging up on a victim.

Absolute horrors, the pair of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can categorically state that I didn’t and don’t want to deal with domestic drudgery. I outsource when I can and where I can afford. It doesn’t mean you don’t want to parent. If I had a full time housekeeper and a small house I would be seventh heaven. These trite and glib statements mean nothing. Lots of people don’t like housework and chose not to do it If they can. Alice had the choice and she didnt do it and she didn’t do any breadwinning either.
Well she's going to learn how to do it soon, unless the Disney executive comes through.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My first comment here, after lurking for a while.
I have to say, I LOVE this post!
It's at least bringing a bit of balance to the 'Alice is the devil, poor Ioan, I love Bianca' party.

I'm not buying that either IG or BW is saintly, or that Alice is black as night.

After watching the whole poo show from afar for some months, my honest impression is that Ioan has simply enacted that time honoured old chestnut - he's bailed and got himself a younger model. I'm not sure in which order.

Long relationships/marriages are at times or even often, trying, they take compromise, tolerance, patience, effort, watering of the grass.
Ioan wasn't around for much of the time for one thing and are we really to believe he went out with this woman for seven years, then chose to marry her, then chose to go through rounds of IVF and have children with her and the whole time he was a cowed, placating little man?

Nope, sorry, I don't believe that.

I think their marriage had problems , as marriages more often than not do - and that Alice actually sugar coated that, perhaps for a long time, with her 'feeling joy every day' (to paraphrase) type recollections.
Who knows what SHE had to put up with, behind the public photos.

Yes, she does seem to have 'let herself go' 😱 somewhat and I wonder if it's simply this that has resulted in Ioan getting 'bored'.
Although I don't think Alice is quite the superbrain she thinks she is - she seems to think what mainstream media dictates at any given time - she's a 53 year old woman (so probably menopausal 😱😩), has health problems - and yes, fibromyalgia IS real and can be very debilitating, I have it - and has just been discarded by her partner of 20 years and been told (it seems) that he wants her and their 2 children out of the family home.(Btw, why the hell SHOULD she 'get off her ass and get a job'? She's a MOTHER to two young girls and has a house to run with, it seems, no paid help anymore. Yes, I know, I'd bloody love paid help ..)

Jesus! I feel sorry for the woman.

Sure, she's been bitter, obsessed, loose lipped.
Who tf wouldn't be in that situation?
I'm sure most of us have been through a crappy break up at one time or another.
Have we all acted like 'oh that's fine, he's choosing to move on, he's a great guy and I'm grateful for the years we had'?
Don't think so!

In finishing, Alice - the red lipstick is great but PLEASE DON'T COLOUR OUTSIDE THE LINES!
Ps. Maybe not the most eloquent I've ever been, but it's 2.45am and I should have been asleep 4 hours ago 😩

Pps. Ioan and B have only known each other for months, not years and already he's publicising a film where SHE'S gonna be the STAR?
Personally 🤷 I would venture to say she's a quick worker and I wonder if poor old Ioan will one day find himself on the old 'scrap heap' if something even more 'joy enhancing' comes along ..
Don’t let the door hit you on your way out 😵💫

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
She really gets my goat because I started my own business while staying at home with young kids. I had to change career path so I got a nanny in to help and put the hours in to create an alternative income. I’ve got a nice business and small team of staff now. (Go me! 😉😆)

Alice had full time help the whole time. Not everyone is business orientated but what stopped her from getting a job or retraining for another career? Like many families my husband has always worked away for extended periods, so he was never involved in school stuff etc, it doesn’t make him any less of a dad. I’ve also never been ‘all alone’. My life and friendships continue while he’s away.

Her ‘narrative’ is self-absorbed nonsense and an insult to working mums, home making mums (who actually care for the home and kids) and hard working dads.

Alice is lazy. That’s all there is to her story. She wants Ioan’s cash so she can stay in bed, harassing him and Bianca on SM. She chose this life, she could have done anything she wanted, she chose to do nothing. All she wants is a lifelong meal ticket to finance her laziness and she’s determined to force that on Ioan.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Alice absolutely with documentation did not have her stuff together before having kids.

She faked accounts on IMDb boards to bully people, lie, and rant. She was aggressive to the online IG fan board that was shut down because of her antics.

She's been rumoured to be a nightmare on sets and in person.

She is both aware and purposeful in her actions to negativity impact people.
Absolutely this. I remember her behaviour then, and was a bit bemused that they were together. Ioan seemed to be a decent person, and she was most definitely not

• Heart
Having your choices removed from you by others is a hard blow, losing your options in life is something that happens to most people as they age - its harder to get jobs, can be harder to find a partner.

Having children always impacts on the woman harder, she doesn’t want to go back to work because she wants to be with her children, but may not have this choice. Most modern women cannot afford not to work. The world has evolved

Men currently still have more choices and options than women. I can see why other women are angry with Ioan and what he stands for - he has put himself and his own happiness first and by doing that has cut Alice off from some choices and options.

BUT Alice is also cutting herself off from choices/options, ON PURPOSE and for that I judge her, and I judge her hard. It’s ok to ‘speak out’ about it being hard to rebuild your life after divorce but she can’t speak out on that, because she has not done one bleeping thing since he left with any of the options and choices she has left. We are all watching her, the window of opportunity is getting smaller with each year that passes in her life. She has done this second part to herself

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Having your choices removed from you by others is a hard blow, losing your options in life is something that happens to most people as they age - its harder to get jobs, can be harder to find a partner.

Having children always impacts on the woman harder, she doesn’t want to go back to work because she wants to be with her children, but may not have this choice. Most modern women cannot afford not to work. The world has evolved

Men currently still have more choices and options than women. I can see why other women are angry with Ioan and what he stands for - he has put himself and his own happiness first and by doing that has cut Alice off from some choices and options.

BUT Alice is also cutting herself off from choices/options, ON PURPOSE and for that I judge her, and I judge her hard. It’s ok to ‘speak out’ about it being hard to rebuild your life after divorce but she can’t speak out on that, because she has not done one bleeping thing since he left with any of the options and choices she has left. We are all watching her, the window of opportunity is getting smaller with each year that passes in her life. She has done this second part to herself
It may be that what Alice thought were her choices (SAHM, domestic help, etc) she has now learned were not her choices at all, but her soon to be ex-husband's who paid for them. If they were under her control, the divorce would not affect them. Instead, sad trombone.

'Did he fundamentally want a new nubile smiling young thing on his arm?'

Ioan fundamentally didn't want to be married to Alice. Whoever he is with now is separate from that reality and the sooner Alice accepts that the sooner she might move on but she never will, she is going to 'dedicate the rest of her life' allowing her fury to eat her alive.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.