Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #53 Don't be bitter, be Bee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my hate word btw is karma. It never means what people who say this try to say (but it sounds soooo cool, so they just say it), and is highly insulting to those who actually get what it means.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m also more random in my irrational word hates. I’m not a fan of colours “popping”. I’m also apparently not a fan of using confronting as an adjective, sorry BW. Loved the video otherwise, it was very powerful. But “it was the most confronting thing” made me silent scream. (Waiting for a tattler who actually understands grammar to tell me ‘that’s not an adjective!’)
I have a list as long as my arm of words and phrases I irrationally hate. I also hate certain names too, because I always associate them with colours and smells 🤣 Yes, I am strange (I think it’s called synesthesia, not sure I actually have it but I’ve always associated words with colours and sounds and smells)

Reactions: 11
I think I’ve said on here before, but I hope that soon “coming out” will be seen as a thing people did in ye olden days. I hope my kids don’t feel they need to “come out” to me, because no one should feel it’s something to confess. I talk about future relationships with the kids in terms of “you might have a girlfriend or a boyfriend/husband or wife” - obviously they might have neither/both/someone non-binary, but they’re quite small so I’m keeping things simple!

From what I’ve read, Olivier is fairly private about it all - although didn’t he refer to Alice as his ‘pink’ period and his current partner as his ‘blue’ period? I thought that was funny and elegant. I think I’m mostly proud of myself for getting the joke though!

Edit - Ah, @PinkyWinky has posted the actual quotes! Alice was during his blue period not the other way around 😄
Thank you for this, your kids are so lucky to have you. I hope very soon the world you describe will exist. 💙❤💜💛💚

In other news my trivial pursuit game got postponed so I'm strapping in for a day of paperwork and tattle 😆 followed by three sharp ones 😛

I have a list as long as my arm of words and phrases I irrationally hate. I also hate certain names too, because I always associate them with colours and smells 🤣 Yes, I am strange.
Do you have synesthesia? Magical!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have a list as long as my arm of words and phrases I irrationally hate. I also hate certain names too, because I always associate them with colours and smells 🤣 Yes, I am strange.
You probably have a form of Synesthesia like I do! I associate all sorts of words and numbers with colours, and loads of other weird things.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m also more random in my irrational word hates. I’m not a fan of colours “popping”. I’m also apparently not a fan of using confronting as an adjective, sorry BW. Loved the video otherwise, it was very powerful. But “it was the most confronting thing” made me silent scream. (Waiting for a tattler who actually understands grammar to tell me ‘that’s not an adjective!’)
I HATE when someone says something 'was confronting'. It doesn't feel accurate to me, even though I'm far from a grammar pro. Wouldn't 'it really confronted me' or 'it was something I found very confronting' be better?

I've noticed people using 'addicting' a lot too rather than 'addictive', which seems incorrect to me (but might not be!).

Reactions: 7
we actually dont know exactly how long. Ioan mentioned in may 2001 (that's 7 months before Alice broke up with OP) that he was in a relationship but early days yada yada. Back then when they came out with this relationship they claimed that they got closer while Alice was shooting Abduction Club with Matthew Rhys, which was 2001. But a few years back she claimed that in early 2000 they were already "friends" (after initially not liking each other while shooting 102 Dalmatians) and another time she claimed that she and Ioan had their first date at the end of 1999. Whenever people asked Alice on twitter when she and Ioan started their relationship she never gave an exact answer.

They talk a lot about Karma over there in her cult, but it seems like she got something of her own medicine.
This was his first big mistake. Must have been raging hormones. Stupid to get mixed up with a woman who was thus cheating on her partner.
Second and much bigger mistake was knuckling under to her insistence that they get married. He should have called her out at that point and told her if she wanted to get married she should do the feminist thing and ask him to marry her.

Reactions: 13
Can I please request the word "gush" gets put behind a spoiler? 🤣🤣🤣 Honestly, that word gives me the full ick 🤢 I've had to skim read a LOT today to try and avoid it 🤣
Haha yes! When I hear the word “gush” the only thing that pops into my head is when my waters broke!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I HATE when someone says something 'was confronting'. It doesn't feel accurate to me, even though I'm far from a grammar pro. Wouldn't 'it really confronted me' or 'it was something I found very confronting' be better?

I've noticed people using 'addicting' a lot too rather than 'addictive', which seems incorrect to me (but might not be!).
ETA: as a separate point to BW's video! I don't mean to tear apart someone's heartfelt, emotional video about a very difficult situation. I just find words and their usage really fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No change yet to court docs or house listing. But I'm off to bed soon. Volcanic ash is making my sinusitis worse.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Ok so this about how dogs are treated on airlines is just not true. I worked for an airline and can hand on heart say the area reserved for live animals is definitely heated. If you turn up with an animal that you have not made prior arrangement for and it's the only animal in that flight, you will be rejected as it takes over over an hour for the hull to be heated. And during the flight the crew will go into the hull to spend time with and check on the animals. The standard practice is for animals not to be sedated as the heartbeat slows down.
Typical Alice, talking out of her arse AGAIN. Tone has zero idea about what utter bullshit he is saying. This actually makes me angry.
Ha ha my dog was imported from USA and he didn’t have sedatives or anything… what a knobhead he/she is 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Right now I’m hating the word “FUCKO!” 🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Speaking of word usage I hate is when some woke person describes something as "small but perfectly formed" and then nods sagely.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank you for this, your kids are so lucky to have you. I hope very soon the world you describe will exist. 💙❤💜💛💚

In other news my trivial pursuit game got postponed so I'm strapping in for a day of paperwork and tattle 😆 followed by three sharp ones 😛

Do you have synesthesia? Magical!
Possibly! I was watching an interview with Finneas, Billie Eilish’s brother, and he has it and was describing it, and that’s my experience too. But like I said, sometimes it leads to me intensely disliking names and words 😂 It’s good if you’re in a creative field of any kind though, just probably not ideal when it comes to naming babies etc. I will not name my child THAT! It smells like damp, earthy moss! (I won’t divulge which name smells like damp, earthy moss to me as I don’t want to accidentally offend anyone on here 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I’ve heard “addicting” to mean “addictive” quite a lot and although it grinds my gears (along with things being “confronting”) it’s mostly likely just language drift and I’m being a grumpy old woman shaking my fist at nothing! I’m sure the meaning is clear for everyone under 30.

I don’t know if there is a right way to put confronting in that sentence! It’s being used in place of “challenging” I suppose, but challenging doesn’t feel like a strong enough word.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Using Karma irritates me too. Always used by angry people who are actively just wishing something bad to happen to someone else, which hypothetically means they would also experience karma. So essentially a huge karma infinity loop with no sense of the irony

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Using Karma irritates me too. Always used by angry people who are actively just wishing something bad to happen to someone else, which hypothetically means they would also experience karma. So essentially a huge karma infinity loop with no sense of the irony
Yeah. I like the Buddhist and Hindu philosophy behind it but it’s lost it’s meaning now, with ballbags like the FMs using it to wish ill on others, and the hun brigade on my Facebook always posting hilariously misappropriated quotes about it

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.