Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #221 Hi you've reached YoBee please leave your message after the alcaTone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you are literally taking a side in court (and this was so useless that the judge didnt even wanted to hear you)
Gloria knows which side her bread is buttered on. Showing up to the fake RO court hearing implies to me that AE is still paying her. Isn't she going to be one of the witnesses on AE's side in the custody hearings? Probably the only witness she can get so she has to keep Gloria sweet i.e. still pay her.
---
As someone who has worked for a narcissist I really see Gloria as a victim rather than a co-conspirator.
I am not so forgiving. Gloria should have bailed on Alice when AE started involving her in the conflict with IG and forced her to take sides. There are other jobs out there.

Reactions: 25
I expect the cost and tenure of Gloria within the household was a longstanding issue between Ioan and Alice. They didn’t need a nanny or a cleaner. And they couldn’t afford it. Anytime it came up, Alice would have dragged Gloria into the middle of the dispute and turned her into an ally.

I know Ioan said Gloria ended up being the responsible adult in the home. But that is simply because Alice refused to do basic things. Like taking the children to school, buying groceries and keeping the house tidy.

Asking Gloria to explain what her role in the house was would explain a lot.

Reactions: 27
I am not so forgiving. Gloria should have bailed on Alice when AE started involving her in the conflict with IG and forced her to take sides. There are other jobs out there.
it's also dumb from her own personal perspective. Had she bailed out she would have gotten easily new jobs and I'm sure Ioan would have been willing to write a recommendation or something. Now when you search (especially if she actually will perjure herself for Alice) her you find out that she heavily involved herself with the personal affairs of the couple she worked for (big no) and took a side (even bigger no). Even if you end up taking the side of the victim this is a big no (as wrong as that is), but even that didnt happen.

She essentially backed Alice for life. What will she do when Alice finally runs out of money? I assume she has other families she is working for (maybe?, although the fact that she didnt just bail when Ioan fired her makes me think she isnt, she also seems to be "earning" above LA average working for Alice alone which supports the money laundry theory), but a new job once she needs one will be tough. Everyone can be a housekeeper/nanny, it requires no special skillset, you just have to mind your own business. Especially when working for celebs.

In a way it shows how well Alice's lovebombing works.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
How does it work in the US? Would Ioan have had to pay Gloria redundancy/severance pay ? (I mean in addition to a notice period)

Reactions: 3
“we’ll be broke by Christmas for a whole heap of reasons I can’t talk about”

Oh get over yourself you beefy-necked buffalo - you’re not the first person in the world to get pissed and buy shite on eBay.

most of us however rein that tit in when we’ve got dependents.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
How does it work in the US? Would Ioan have had to pay Gloria redundancy/severance pay ? (I mean in addition to a notice period)
depends on what contract she was on I would assume.

Most nannies of celebs btw have to sign NDAs when they get hired and are not allowed to testify in court against either party. Now, Gloria was not entered into any witness list by Alice. Not even in Ella's joke request. She was just mentioned as a potential witness by Ella (like the friends father, although he was just mentioned in the filing). Her function of being there in court might have been to take care of Elsie (because she had to be there to hurt Ioan more) rather than to actually testify. So it would be funny if in that aspect Gloria actually stuck to the nannie "rule book" but Alice and Ella screwed her up anyway. Her English is apparently poor, so it would make sense.

Reactions: 12
it shows how well Alice's lovebombing works.
Or Gloria likes being paid well for very little work with two school age kids? Gloria does seem to be a friend of Alice though so there's no professional boundaries anymore. The only slack I would cut Gloria is that she might care about the kids' welfare and be emotionally invested. But enabling an abuser is against the kids' welfare, so she really isn't helping them even if she thinks she is.

Reactions: 19
Or Gloria likes being paid well for very little work with two school age kids? Gloria does seem to be a friend of Alice though so there's no professional boundaries anymore. The only slack I would cut Gloria is that she might care about the kids' welfare and be emotionally invested. But enabling an abuser is against the kids' welfare, so she really isn't helping them even if she thinks she is.
sure, but it's not thinking long term. Unless she has full confidence that Alice will forever be able to grift enough money away for a personal housekeeper.

I totally agree that being Alice's housekeeper sounds like a dream job. Little work, judging by the IG pictures you dont even have to clean properly, kids are old enough to do everything on their own, and you get paid amazingly. Alice is the best employer ever!

Reactions: 15
Have you got a job yet Alice? There will be lots of retail jobs in the run up to Christmas!

1699113068584.png

Reasons I am not allowed to tell = I pissed away hundreds of thousands and now my ex-husband can't keep me in the lifestyle I am accustomed to. But on the plus side, I am using our 'poverty' to PA the kids some more.

Reactions: 40
sure, but it's not thinking long term. Unless she has full confidence that Alice will forever be able to grift enough money away for a personal housekeeper.

I totally agree that being Alice's housekeeper sounds like a dream job. Little work, judging by the IG pictures you dont even have to clean properly, kids are old enough to do everything on their own, and you get paid amazingly. Alice is the best employer ever!
Yeah, but you also have to listen to Alice moan, whinge, witch and tantrum day in day out. She drives me crazy just skimming through her SM posts here. She'd literally drive me into a loony bin if I had to spend a few consecutive hours with her!

I see Gloria as victim, enabler and very possibly co-conspirator. But she's potentially in a tough spot. If she really cares about the girls then she almost has to do whatever Alice says just to stay in their lives. Alice will have no qualms about kicking her to the kerb, and badmouthing her publicly, making it impossible for her to get another job, if Gloria isn't "on her side" at all times. But as you point out it's also a very cushy job - the girls are in school nearly the whole time she's working, Alice is probably in bed sleeping off last night's hangover and SM rant, and from the state of the La Jolla house, she obviously wasn't doing much if any housework.

1699116788940.png

"she knew exactly what she wanted! I was quite surprised given Ella had already ordered and received hers!!"

<><><>
1699116136982.png

"Also, by the way, we are completely out of money. We will be without shelter or money for food before Christmas for a whole host of reasons that I am not allowed to tell."
<><><>

I'm not surprised that Ella does online ordering for herself. What I am surprised about is that she doesn't "need" to consult her mother's permission before doing so (especially when her mother says they are completely out of money). Ella is old enough to have her own checking or savings account. I don't know if she's of the age to have her own credit card.

Then I remember that Ella hacked her dad's account and without his authorization charged several hundred (400?) on his card and is likely very proficient at ordering food deliveries.

Reactions: 17
depends on what contract she was on I would assume.

Most nannies of celebs btw have to sign NDAs when they get hired and are not allowed to testify in court against either party. Now, Gloria was not entered into any witness list by Alice. Not even in Ella's joke request. She was just mentioned as a potential witness by Ella (like the friends father, although he was just mentioned in the filing). Her function of being there in court might have been to take care of Elsie (because she had to be there to hurt Ioan more) rather than to actually testify. So it would be funny if in that aspect Gloria actually stuck to the nannie "rule book" but Alice and Ella screwed her up anyway. Her English is apparently poor, so it would make sense.
My biggest issue is not her refusing to help with clothes - that indeed could be self protection from mAlice wrath, not even showing up in court - she could indeed be just there to look after Elsie or provide emotional
support as "the only family" - hard to get away from doing it if you are asked, but refusing to putt girls on the phone when Ioan called and mAlice was not around. That is active taking sides. Of course even that can be argued as she was protecting herself, but all those things put together shows me she was covering her arse and holding on to a cushy job.
Now, I never liked Gloria. And before anybody jumps on me its nothing to do with her background, but a lot to do with her situation. To me she comes across as somebody for whatever reason not able to get a better position (even as a housekeeper in a "normal" household - not an easy job actually as well as cleaner) and with fluid morals in the sense that she sees no problem taking money for little work (lets face it the house was a mess, she was not a good cleaner and girls didnt need much looking after). Im sure she is a kindly lady and is probably genuinely attached to the kids - to certain extent, because she did not seem to suggest to continue seeing kids at least sometimes when Ioan fired her (although I realise most of the drama is known from mAlice’s description and only a little from court documents) so yes she is probably attached, but if mAlice stops paying her she would genuinely cry and then move on. I have known people in similar position as her: I have a few wealthy friends who hire domestic aid but also myself worked in care agency and met and became friends with some people that also worked as domestic aids. They have one common trait: regardless of their personal qualities they have a love hate relationship with their employer. They usually have very hard life and work extremely hard. But even when their employer is fair to them (which is rare as wealthy people tend to take advantage: can you stay another hour please? Do you mind to do this as well please?) and it’s difficult not to feel some sort of resentment but also many of them do not know how to set up proper boundaries and firmly refuse to do things they are not hired to do and as the result they always tend to take advantage as a payback whenever they get a chance.
Phew, Ive had this brewing a long time
All of this is MOO of course
And I dont blame Gloria. I just dont think the is this angelic guardian ever helping grounding presence that some believed she was. She is not their fairy godmother.
And also she spoils the kids - its inevitable, she is not allowed to say no or discipline them - not in mAlice’s household anyway
Again - MOO

Alice is in a fondly remembered Hallmark Xmas movie. She could earn more than enough for a steady paycheck with cameo leaning into her Christmas card audience.

She doesn't want to work and is not broke.

It is interesting that she's compelled to repeat that lie but I'm sure the evaluations will note that.

Reactions: 22
My biggest issue is not her refusing to help with clothes - that indeed could be self protection from mAlice wrath, not even showing up in court - she could indeed be just there to look after Elsie or provide emotional
support as "the only family" - hard to get away from doing it if you are asked, but refusing to putt girls on the phone when Ioan called and mAlice was not around. That is active taking sides. Of course even that can be argued as she was protecting herself, but all those things put together shows me she was covering her arse and holding on to a cushy job.
Now, I never liked Gloria. And before anybody jumps on me its nothing to do with her background, but a lot to do with her situation. To me she comes across as somebody for whatever reason not able to get a better position (even as a housekeeper in a "normal" household - not an easy job actually as well as cleaner) and with fluid morals in the sense that she sees no problem taking money for little work (lets face it the house was a mess, she was not a good cleaner and girls didnt need much looking after). Im sure she is a kindly lady and is probably genuinely attached to the kids - to certain extent, because she did not seem to suggest to continue seeing kids at least sometimes when Ioan fired her (although I realise most of the drama is known from mAlice’s description and only a little from court documents) so yes she is probably attached, but if mAlice stops paying her she would genuinely cry and then move on. I have known people in similar position as her: I have a few wealthy friends who hire domestic aid but also myself worked in care agency and met and became friends with some people that also worked as domestic aids. They have one common trait: regardless of their personal qualities they have a love hate relationship with their employer. They usually have very hard life and work extremely hard. But even when their employer is fair to them (which is rare as wealthy people tend to take advantage: can you stay another hour please? Do you mind to do this as well please?) and it’s difficult not to feel some sort of resentment but also many of them do not know how to set up proper boundaries and firmly refuse to do things they are not hired to do and as the result they always tend to take advantage as a payback whenever they get a chance.
Phew, Ive had this brewing a long time
All of this is MOO of course
And I dont blame Gloria. I just dont think the is this angelic guardian ever helping grounding presence that some believed she was. She is not their fairy godmother.
And also she spoils the kids - its inevitable, she is not allowed to say no or discipline them - not in mAlice’s household anyway
Again - MOO
Did Gloria refuse to put them on the phone or has this info come from Alice ?

I think he used to call them when Gloria was taking them to school in the mornings so he could get to speak to them.

She did also stop when passing him & B in the street so he could speak to little E.

Does this account belong to Alice? Sometimes it sounds like her.

Screenshot_20231104_122647_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231104_122418_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231104_122707_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2551112
"she knew exactly what she wanted! I was quite surprised given Ella had already ordered and received hers!!"

<><><>
View attachment 2551091
"Also, by the way, we are completely out of money. We will be without shelter or money for food before Christmas for a whole host of reasons that I am not allowed to tell."
<><><>

I'm not surprised that Ella does online ordering for herself. What I am surprised about is that she doesn't "need" to consult her mother's permission before doing so (especially when her mother says they are completely out of money). Ella is old enough to have her own checking or savings account. I don't know if she's of the age to have her own credit card.

Then I remember that Ella hacked her dad's account and without his authorization charged several hundred (400?) on his card and is likely very proficient at ordering food deliveries.
That does make sense. Alice was surprised that Ella had already ordered and received hers. Yikes. Not only is her activity online unsupervised but also her purchases, using *someone's* card, likely one that Alice is running up with no method to pay it off

Reactions: 14
Does Al really not realise how ridiculous she is, in one breath saying that she is out of money and won't be able to pay rent and next talking about ordering Halloween costumes?

We know how full of it she is because we know about the never ending eBay purchases but this is wide open on Insta.

Reactions: 28
Alice is in a fondly remembered Hallmark Xmas movie. She could earn more than enough for a steady paycheck with cameo leaning into her Christmas card audience. She doesn't want to work and is not broke.
It wouldn't be a 'steady paycheck' but it would be something. Instead AE fucked up Cameos like she does everything else. Half assed videos that were delivered late or not delivered at all. She never even bothered promoting her Cameos on Insta properly. She really really doesn't want to work, even a 5 minute job is too much.

Not only is her activity online unsupervised but also her purchases, using *someone's* card
What AE meant was that she was surprised that Elsie didn't want to be a teletubby not that Ella had ordered. I don't think AE has given her her card lol. She would only get free reign if IG was paying for it.
---
I’ve been side eyeing this one too
The Texan? It could be AE I suppose...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.