Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #217 Digging out your minging old rags isn't vintage, it's just manky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of us on this thread recognise that we are caught up in the drama of this divorce, this custody battle. We may not be casual observers. We log in for updates and enjoy the gossip, the camaraderie and humour. We wish for justice and a happy ending even though that seems like a pipe dream a lot of the time.

Alice / sockalways seek to exploit a perceived weakness and knowing that we are invested she projects her favourite emotions onto us “devastation” and the like. Alice does not emote like a normal person yet believes she does and gets it spectacularly wrong time and time again.

We would all walk away tomorrow happily knowing the kids were reunified with Ioan and emotionally safe. Alice is not that interesting by herself. The only thing that makes any of us tune into this poorly scripted debacle is the other characters who we care for. Even in our dislike of Alice she isn’t the main character.

MOO

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I love how mAlice tries to manipulate us 🤣😂. Trying to make us think we have damaged Ioans case lmao and awww Bianca will be in soooo much trouble. Mate you psycho, most of us came here from YOUR Lorraine show you utter tit show of a narc.
You know, she might be that crazy. She’ll present a number of screenshots from a gossip site, where total strangers talk about her, and try to prove a connection with Bianca through Tamika, who hasn’t posted on said site for two years. All this based on a screenshot by Tamika that may or may not be genuine. Oh, I’d love to see Dupée’s face when Malice makes her case.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think a lot of us on this thread recognise that we are caught up in the drama of this divorce, this custody battle. We may not be casual observers. We log in for updates and enjoy the gossip, the camaraderie and humour. We wish for justice and a happy ending even though that seems like a pipe dream a lot of the time.

Alice / sockalways seek to exploit a perceived weakness and knowing that we are invested she projects her favourite emotions onto us “devastation” and the like. Alice does not emote like a normal person yet believes she does and gets it spectacularly wrong time and time again.

We would all walk away tomorrow happily knowing the kids were reunified with Ioan and emotionally safe. Alice is not that interesting by herself. The only thing that makes any of us tune into this poorly scripted debacle is the other characters who we care for. Even in our dislike of Alice she isn’t the main character.

MOO
It’s a lovely thing to say but if she stops the SM and DM shenanigans tomorrow the whole thread basically ends. IG and the girls go back to having private lives away from gossip columns and we go back to minding our own business. It’s all on her, she put in a lot of effort to get this audience.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Watching the video I suddenly realized the reason why I can’t stop watching this car crash. I want to know if by some chance we learn the answer as to why he actually married her, then went through endless rounds of IVF with such a an obvious loon. Don’t tell me it was because he wanted kids. I’m pretty sure he could have picked a pretty, intelligent woman with a normal psyche to have his child. Probably free of charge! 🤣
I’m still wondering if she blackmailed him? I know some of us think she had nothing on him but that nothing to most of us might have been something to Ioan. I wish I knew! 🤣🤣🤣
This is exactly why I continue to be invested in this (well, apart from hoping Alice gets hers and Ioan reunites with his children). I cannot for the life of me understand why he spent 7 years with this unhinged, abusive, embarrassing psycho.

I WANT TO KNOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hey all. I'm working on the index of Holy Court Documents for our Wiki. It's slow going but I should have something to upload soon.

Here's a preview. I will buy some of the earlier documents because I don't think we have them, but this preview only shows recent filings anyway. ☺

1000038581.png

• Heart
Reactions: 91
I suppose though it doesn't matter what would actually have happened, it matters what IG thought would happen. Remember the story of him accidentally breaking a shop window and his friends telling him he was going to prison!

God, the noughties were a weird time. There was almost a trend of being "high maintenance" spurred on by that phrase being popularised in Sex and the City. It was seen as funny and cool to be an unreasonable demanding woman (yay sexism) a sort of backlash against the "laddish", "I'm really cool with your binge drinking and addiction to lads mags" thing at the end of the 90s (yay more sexism). I understand why IG thought that was a funny story at the time, even if it's bleeping AWFUL.

It's weird isn't it. He ran off and proposed on command, but the pre-nup is eye-watering. I can't quite work him out on this one!

Edited to remove my HTML. Keep forgetting it's not 2005 and I can just hit the itallics button :ROFLMAO:
I think that Papa and Mama Gruff had a hand in advising him about the pre nup, and I bet he had good lawyers too.

Reactions: 20
This is exactly why I continue to be invested in this (well, apart from hoping Alice gets hers and Ioan reunites with his children). I cannot for the life of me understand why he spent 7 years with this unhinged, abusive, embarrassing psycho.

I WANT TO KNOW.
I guess it's why anyone gets involved with a narc. You don't know they're a narc initially. Anyway I looked it up.

1. They target codependents, ie people pleasers.
2. They make you feel special.
3. They use shock, awe, and guilt.
4. They gaslight.
5. They play hot and cold games.

Reactions: 16

I WANT TO KNOW.
It wasn't just seven years - it was nearly 20 years in total!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
It’s a lovely thing to say but if she stops the SM and DM shenanigans tomorrow the whole thread basically ends. IG and the girls back to having private lives away from gossip columns and we go back to minding our own business. It’s all on her, she put in a lot of effort to get this audience.
Yes we have nothing other than Alice / socks and court filings because Ioan / Bianca do not engage but I guess what I was trying to say (poorly) is that even though we watch the horror show that is Alice it doesn’t mean we care for her just like when you watch a tv show or film you might hate a character but it’s the characters you care for that somehow keep you coming back. Otherwise it’s just another narc narcing and she really isn’t that interesting on her own. She isn’t even a main character in her own life. What does she have that’s hers and not Ioan’s or the kids’? Her entire identity is being a barnacle on other people. I think someone earlier said limpet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Hey all. I'm working on the index of Holy Court Documents for our Wiki. It's slow going but I should have something to upload soon.

Here's a preview. I will buy some of the earlier documents because I don't think we have them, but this preview only shows recent filings anyway. ☺

View attachment 2493351
Thank you so much @Hiraeth. Please take as much time as you need, there's no rush on our side.

And I hope in the index, the Transcripts of Hearsay™ will come in hot like a big enchilada.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes we have nothing other than Alice / socks and court filings because Ioan / Bianca do not engage but I guess what I was trying to say (poorly) is that even though we watch the horror show that is Alice it doesn’t mean we care for her just like when you watch a tv show or film you might hate a character but it’s the characters you care for that somehow keep you coming back. Otherwise it’s just another narc narcing and she really isn’t that interesting on her own. She isn’t even a main character in her own life. What does she have that’s hers and not Ioan’s or the kids’? Her entire identify is being a barnacle on other people. I think someone earlier said limpet.

That’s so true 👆🏼 🙌🏼

Her entire identify is being a barnacle.

Title suggestion. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 19
1000038613.png

LMAO. They are so dumb. Any member of the public can get publicly available court documents and transcripts. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Exhibit A: me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Alices sock is trying really hard to get Tony involved today Lol. How much more desperate can you get

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, but he married her after knowing her for 7 years. I wonder what he thought her redeeming qualities were?
1. Mastery of the glue gun
2. Dolls head choreography
3. Accessorising with aplomb
4. Letting him travel for work and spend much of his time away from her

I think he was dazzled by her, had no idea what he was experiencing was not normal but found himself enjoying being away from her. It probably made the time with her more tolerable and the good times better. 20 years with 40% of the time away is not actually that long together.

Much of my friendship group is well on the way to that length relationship with their partners.

He simply would not have travelled so much for work if he actually wanted to spend more time with her. That is one thing I do side eye him for a bit tbh. I know it was his job but it would have been better if she worked away a bit more and they shared raising the kids more. The kids would not have been so primed for mother dearest to alienate them. I am sure there is a lot he regrets and I am not for one second excusing that goblin.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.