Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #195 Tell Me You’re Getting Married Without Telling Me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure he only went after young actresses - I know two in Cannes who were over 30 . He would have a crack at anyone he felt he could overpower or leverage the opportunities he was offering . He was a sick duck .

Reactions: 4
The point I'm making is it was probably her beviour more than lack of ability that made the work dry up . If she had actual humanity and was collaborative I think she could have made it . Especially on network TV - but in network where the roles in the 00's were not great - agreeability goes for alot .

And the Weinstein thing might have cancelled her independent movie career - and TBH I don't doubt this happened .

but you absolutely could not be a c*unt on a show - cause you get killed or body swapped and show runners talk - as do casting agents and defo actors .
I agree with some of this. Her arrogant behaviour on set might have been overlooked if she was an A lister. She could have done some roles as an extra or more Hallmark stuff if she wasn't an unprofessional hole. But it's coulda woulda shoulda as she is an unprofessional hole.

The Weinstein thing is a joke. I doubt he ever met her and given she only spoke out when his name was mud, how exactly is that going to hurt her???

As for your last point, I agree. People talk and her name was and is dirt. Even more so with the DVRO.

Reactions: 24
Also it's true I havnt watched the Christmas card . I'd rather drink a bottle of bleach - saw Dalmatian's but only remember Glenn close and the puppies - the costumes also were amazing but I loved cruella with Emma stone . She was genius .

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I dont think Alice is talented (I have not seen much stuff from her, although everything I have seen was...not good), but the thing is it isnt what matters the most in acting. It's a lot about luck and timing. There are plenty of actors that are worse than both Ioan and Alice (from what I've seen) but had significantly better careers just because they landed a role that suited them perfectly and have since capitalized on this (as an simple example: Ioan is a much better actor than Tom Cruise for me, but Cruise has focused on what he can do best, which are action movies, which is why he is probably the biggest movie star there is). Both could have managed better by making better career choices (which includes btw not being a dick as it increases your chances at a lucky punch if you are easy to work with).

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The Tone account - 78 tweets in 9 hrs last night starting from 7pm ( Uk time lol) until 4am.

Just adding this on to my previous count above - The Tone account - 78 tweets in 9 hrs last night starting from 7pm Uk time (lol) until 4am.
Always on at the same time as DL too. Now why could that be?? 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ok I'm obvs in a very small club of not thinking she doesn't suck . Seriously I think she could have done cersi in game of thrones . There's a lot of girls - heather locklea anyone ? the entire cast of Melrose place and half of "desparate housewives who weren't great actresses - the nice ones kept working - everyone knows the girls from 90210 / Melrose / housewives who were nasty . They basically ran out of Opps .
The point I'm making is it was probably her beviour more than lack of ability that made the work dry up . If she had actual humanity and was collaborative I think she could have made it . Especially on network TV - but in network where the roles in the 00's were not great - agreeability goes for alot . Even extradinary actresses ran out of Opps real quickly if their bh wasn't respectful . Middling one's far quicker . This is sad f for her Becuase it's what's she was in control of ( arguably ) that stalled her career not things beyond her control Ie lack of talent . And the Weinstein thing might have cancelled her independent movie career - and TBH I don't doubt this happened . I know girls he chased around hotel rooms in London - and he would defo have had a go if she was on one of his movies - young blondes were his targets - But he had no power over network or premium cable TV - but you absolutely could not be a c*unt on a show - cause you get killed or body swapped and show runners talk - as do casting agents and defo actors .
I agree re niceness vs talent for cable TV and the like, if she was nice + the looks she probably could have continued in smaller roles and could have steady income, having already had foot through the door so to speak. I personally dont see anything good in her acting, but agree there are loads of others just as bland and unconvincing. She allegedly was always difficult, unpleasant and demanding so why would anybody hire her. Re Weinstein, again personally - dont believe it. Like Welp mentioned, MO is totally different. You yourself say he "chased girls around hotel rooms", she claimed he came on to her in a public place. Unless of course she started over flirting and being inappropriate and provoked him into saying something. Not excusing W here obviously, just her story to me looks fishy and very different from what others told of their experience

Reactions: 18
A lot of girls didn't talk about w till he was locked up and a lot haven't talked since . No one thought he'd actually go down and if you had had an encounter with him he managed to leave you with a deep sense of shame that somehow it was your fault for being stupid enough to meet him at the ritz at 10 pm . I knew an ex assistant who gave up the business moved to a cottage in Cornell and hung up when the NYT called . She is ashamed she didn't have the Have the courage to come forward . If she did any mirimax film she would have met him - and he would have said come to my hotel alone at 10 o'clock . Not sure she did a MM film

Reactions: 2
Hmm, I wonder if Piers Morgan suspected she was lying. 🤔

She’s not exactly one to keep her mouth shut is she, he knows that much. 💅🏻

Reactions: 5
I'm sure She had a huuuge rep as not being worth it and even if she was extraordinary in network and cable the show runner would still probably say - find me someone else - kill her off or body swap her - I'll jump the shark to write this person out

Reactions: 4
Ioan is a much better actor than Tom Cruise for me
I actually think Tom Cruise is underrated as an actor. He is good in non action stuff too. Those big action roles are reserved for the A list so very few people get a shot at them. IG wanted to play Bond but that never happened.

I think when IG is in Wales shortly (presumably with BW) they should really try to get meetings with the British TV channels re ROS. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but it will never be a Hollywood movie imo. I could see it on TV though. If there is a DV element to it, it would have even broader appeal (seeing as it's supposed to be based on BW's experiences).
---
Piers Morgan suspected she was lying
IG knew she was lying about Weinstein and he had to play along and lie too. He compromised himself a lot to please that bleep.

PM wouldn't gaf - it's just a 3 minute bit of filler on his show.

I actually think Alice is good in the clip . She handles bad dialogue with a strong underhand delivery while being both still and operatic . This is quite a rare ability - glen close has it. And the chick from misery . I think her reputation is what damaged her . Not a lack of talent or ability . It's a shame she could have totally done basic instinct / misery / and the bunny boiler movie really well . But to be a good villain / femme fatale in Hollywood you have to be a nice person after cut . Sharon got cancelled for not being "nice" . There's a double standard but women are really judged for their personalities and agreeabiliy . Men with talent can be assholes - well could be . Now they are cancelled too - especially in TV .
“The chick from Misery”????? You mean Academy Award-winning genius, Kathy Bates? You’re comparing A to highly trained actors like KB and Glenn Close who have worked on Broadway stages and are two of the greatest actresses of their generation?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Ok I'm obvs in a very small club of not thinking she doesn't suck . Seriously I think she could have done cersi in game of thrones . There's a lot of girls - heather locklea anyone ? the entire cast of Melrose place and half of "desparate housewives who weren't great actresses - the nice ones kept working - everyone knows the girls from 90210 / Melrose / housewives who were nasty . They basically ran out of Opps .
The point I'm making is it was probably her beviour more than lack of ability that made the work dry up . If she had actual humanity and was collaborative I think she could have made it . Especially on network TV - but in network where the roles in the 00's were not great - agreeability goes for alot . Even extradinary actresses ran out of Opps real quickly if their bh wasn't respectful . Middling one's far quicker . This is sad f for her Becuase it's what's she was in control of ( arguably ) that stalled her career not things beyond her control Ie lack of talent . And the Weinstein thing might have cancelled her independent movie career - and TBH I don't doubt this happened . I know girls he chased around hotel rooms in London - and he would defo have had a go if she was on one of his movies - young blondes were his targets - But he had no power over network or premium cable TV - but you absolutely could not be a c*unt on a show - cause you get killed or body swapped and show runners talk - as do casting agents and defo actors .
Tbh Seneca I can’t comment either way on Alice’s acting abilities as i’ve never seen her in anything. 🤷🏻‍♀️

New thread lovelies 😊

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.