Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #166 Tomayto, Tomahto; DARVO, DVRO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alice said on twitter that Matthew Rhys was his ex-friend. I say it's more likely Math was avoiding him because of Alice.
In my daughter's case, she lost all of her friends apart from one. The one friend (male) was in a similar situation. Her friends could see the emotional abuse by her ex husband but she was blind to it, so she cut them out her life. He encouraged her to do that. He almost succeeded in breaking up our relationship but failed. Since the break up of that relationship that took a long time, even after the divorce, she watches her friends lives through SM, she has not reached out to them,(yet). I think it's because she is still suffering from the trauma she went through. She doesn't want to admit to them that they were right. They have the family life she wanted and there is element of shame. It didn't help that when she finally freed herself from that relationship, she lost her job. She was unemployed for 18 months before getting a job which was only part-time and nothing to do with her previous employment. She worked hard for in the next year, becoming a manager. That bolstered her confidence and she now has a job which is related to her experience and she is loving it. Like Ioan, she is tied to her abuser through her daughter but she has created enough distance to work things out, so her daughter still has a relationship with her Dad.

It might be difficult for Ioan to retrieve those relationships as I try to explain in my spoiler. He will forever be tied to his abuser and he be might wanting to put a distance between that life and his life now.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It might be difficult for Ioan to retrieve those relationships as I try to explain in my spoiler. He will forever be tied to his abuser
I hope he and B are seen out and about with Math and Keri. Also, the ties are being undone bit by bit. The kids will grow up too so it's not 'forever'.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I hope he and B are seen out and about with Math and Keri. Also, the ties are being undone bit by bit. The kids will grow up too so it's not 'forever'.
I don't think HBO is going to let Maths within 1000 yards of anything related to yo or Alice right now. He's got to peddle Perry Mason as much as possible. There's no need to get tied up in that level of insanity.

If anything the YouTube lawyer has quite a reach as far as her first video about yo. The ways of Google are mysterious - even with flying monkeys trying to tag the company about non-existent privacy issues - so the general linkage between yo and Matthew is there and probably contributing to the recommendation of the divorce videos.

Plus there will be some kind of information about Alice's trial during the run of Perry Mason. Which is hilarious when you really think about it.

Reactions: 12
I dont know the specifics of him and Rhys not being close friends anymore (clearly they dont hate each other because both casually mentioned the other the past years in passing favourably), it may not be Alice related, but just life. but generally speaking celebrities are strongly adviced to avoid getting involved/seen with parties that are in an explosive public fight. Either because association to that person can give you trouble or to their case (this is why we dont see any well-known celeb supporting Alice in public since the TRO beyond generic messages, and it's telling because you just know that Alice certainly has pushed friends to publicly support her while Ioan is probably the opposite, she admitted herself to be mad at the friends that are Switzerland). Often you end up also supporting the one who turns up being the one in the wrong, so you would want to avoid that embarrassement (which thanks to being fooled by Alice and particulary her Lorraine interview some celebs have already managed)

Additionally there is always danger with Alice going after you if you show yourself with Ioan or supportive of him or something: this is a woman that wrote 7 letters to his employer. It's actually remarkable that people like Kate Ford and Selma Blair show themselves supportive of Bianca on IG. Or that Zen Freeman and his wife invited Ioan and Bianca to his birthday party. Or that Mark Burnett and Roma Downey invite them to stuff. Even if in the grand picture Alice is a drop in the ocean in terms of reach it's all some trouble you'd rather want to avoid.

• Heart
You would hope so but with children, there are always events that throw you back together. My niece, whose parents very acrimoniously divorced when she was barely 2 yrs (she is now 25), can still have a big ding dong if they are remotely close. Unlike, Ioan, they appear to be both at fault in the divorce and subsequent dramas. My niece is very close to her Dad despite her Mum's attempts to stop that. Only recently, my BIL managed to bring my ex SIL to tears at my niece's wedding. I can only imagine the drama when grandchildren come along 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 13
🤭

LOL she doesn't get to keep the house and she has to accept the divorce. Sucks to be you mAlice.

What's ED? I don't believe he is mentally unwell now. The recent pics with Bianca don't suggest it anyway. If he hadn't escaped mAlice, it would have been a different story. If Alice is calling Ioan mentally ill, then it's projection! She is the unhinged one. She's not even a clever narc. It's one own goal after another. Why is she in hiding on twitter? Is it that she can't trust herself not to spew bile and break the DVRO again with a trial
BIB - Erectile dysfunction. Although I read it as eating disorder for some reason and immediately thought "I'd have trouble keeping food down around Alice too"

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I dont know the specifics of him and Rhys not being close friends anymore (clearly they dont hate each other because both casually mentioned the other the past years in passing favourably), it may not be Alice related, but just life. but generally speaking celebrities are strongly adviced to avoid getting involved/seen with parties that are in an explosive public fight. Either because association to that person can give you trouble or to their case (this is why we dont see any well-known celeb supporting Alice in public since the TRO beyond generic messages, and it's telling because you just know that Alice certainly has pushed friends to publicly support her while Ioan is probably the opposite, she admitted herself to be mad at the friends that are Switzerland). Often you end up also supporting the one who turns up being the one in the wrong, so you would want to avoid that embarrassement (which thanks to being fooled by Alice and particulary her Lorraine interview some celebs have already managed)

Additionally there is always danger with Alice going after you if you show yourself with Ioan or supportive of him or something: this is a woman that wrote 7 letters to his employer. It's actually remarkable that people like Kate Ford and Selma Blair show themselves supportive of Bianca on IG. Or that Zen Freeman and his wife invited Ioan and Bianca to his birthday party. Or that Mark Burnett and Roma Downey invite them to stuff. Even if in the grand picture Alice is a drop in the ocean in terms of reach it's all some trouble you'd rather want to avoid.
Roma and Mark have been around for a very long time. They would know the go. They would know exactly what Alice is and what’s going on. Those pictures Bianca takes near the ocean that is Romas house (you can tell from Romas Instagram) and from memory there have been more than a few times they have been to the house. They are more than causal friends imo. People are not going to cower from Alice and good job.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Maybe they all just hate Alice THAT MUCH they don’t care 🤷‍♀️
Isn't having Alice and her FMs throw shade at you at badge of honour at this stage? If I was Rhys, Selma or Roma, I wouldn't give a duck.

I wonder about AE's supposed friend Celia Walden. Is she Switzerland or has she backed Ioan like her husband? Don't see her liking AE's stuff on Insta any more, not even the cute pic of the kids that was recently posted. Given the custody battle going on, it wouldn't have been wise to like it either.
---
BIB - Erectile dysfunction.
LOL he didn't want to shag Alice for obvious reasons. Doubt he has ED now.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My first husband was abusive. 27 years this June since the last time I spoke with him. This week I was in the jury pool. So was he. Couldn't believe it. We actually both ended up being selected for the same jury. Couldn't believe it. I had to walk past him to speak with the judge to get excused. My hands were shaking and my face must have been white. I spoke with my niece after and I had lunch with a friend the next day. I am just telling people now I feel so ashamed for having brought him into the circle of my family and friends. My niece is supportive. My friend had a similar situation with her ex and we both - after decades and other happy marriages - still feel shame and embarrassment at having been anywhere near these ghastly men. Her ex has since died, but mine still gets around town trying to get 2nd degree contact with me thru people I know.
Even without kids, I still can't get away from him. Unexpectedly being in the same large room with him, even with other people around, reduces me to a shaking wreck.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Roma and Mark have been around for a very long time. They would know the go. They would know exactly what Alice is and what’s going on. Those pictures Bianca takes near the ocean that is Romas house (you can tell from Romas Instagram) and from memory there have been more than a few times they have been to the house. They are more than causal friends imo. People are not going to cower from Alice and good job.
Those celebs could not give a flying crap about the minion called Alice!
And I dare say she has not spouted about them either ?

Reactions: 13

Alice is insignificant to Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. She's a nobody. Twitter would troll her relentlessly because there's no reason for Alice to troll them for inviting him to things. They aren't on social media inserting themselves into their divorce.

Piers Morgan has skeletons. She's a nutcase and vindictive. As she's done with Ioan, she will lash out and even tell exaggerated truths or outright lies about Piers if he inserted himself into it. It's not worth it for him to get involved and have her drag him and his wife into it. If she did, though, he would come after her hard. And she's afraid of Piers anyway. He's also too powerful and can be as vicious and as mean as she is.

Matthew Rhys probably just moved on and is in a different season of his life. It can be hurtful when long friendships aren't the same, but it's happened to all of us. I'm sure Alice was a huge part of the drift in the beginning, but men's friendships are often different than women's. He has a famous partner, a kid, stepkids, lives in NYC, has had successful TV shows for the past decade keeping him busy. So I think it's just that he's busy and friendships often change. We've all experienced that. Once close friends become more distant, touch-base friends, and you try for a while to hang on to it but get tired of being the only one trying. I'm sure they keep in touch here and there, though. Actor Billy Baldwin talked about that recently on his wife's holy-roller youtube channel, how he treasures his longtime male friendships that go way back, but he feels like he's the only one reaching out all the time. He was hurt by it. I understood what he was saying.

Last edited:
My first husband was abusive. 27 years this June since the last time I spoke with him. This week I was in the jury pool. So was he. Couldn't believe it. We actually both ended up being selected for the same jury. Couldn't believe it. I had to walk past him to speak with the judge to get excused. My hands were shaking and my face must have been white. I spoke with my niece after and I had lunch with a friend the next day. I am just telling people now I feel so ashamed for having brought him into the circle of my family and friends. My niece is supportive. My friend had a similar situation with her ex and we both - after decades and other happy marriages - still feel shame and embarrassment at having been anywhere near these ghastly men. Her ex has since died, but mine still gets around town trying to get 2nd degree contact with me thru people I know.
Even without kids, I still can't get away from him. Unexpectedly being in the same large room with him, even with other people around, reduces me to a shaking wreck.
So sorry you had to go through that. You shouldn't be ashamed but proud that you were fierce enough to escape. Not all of us have that sort of reserve. It has taken several years for my daughter to start being herself again. It's still a work in progress as she still avoids any social interaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I saw my violent, abusive, narcissist ex on a train at King’s Cross. My friend and I, who had just returned from a holiday, ran all the way down the platform to the front section of the train where he couldn’t get at me. I was already unwell - picked up some bug on the aeroplane out - and seeing him made me shiver and shake the whole way back. The fear has never left me, even after half a decade of trauma therapy. I imagine that IG will always feel the same way too. These abusers are the stuff of living nightmares.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Alice’s fans saw her wheel Tone out onto Twitter to exploit him (and his account) for her benefit and they encouraged it.

Whatever caused his coma 💉🩸 , if it was self-inflicted, if he had significant O2 deprivation, or if he was born that way. It doesn’t matter, she is using a vulnerable adult and it is a heartless thing to do.

Setting him up to attack Bianca and Ioan was sick on every level. Anyway It’s another goodbye and goodnight from the poor old sod. Unless she finds more use for him.

I expect we will hear the truth about LoboTony soon enough. A tragic and unwell man - in more ways than one.

MOO 🥛 🐄

F0DBB92E-9548-4B29-85C6-5CF72C17D13E.jpeg

FD8678AF-6C02-4894-883F-44DAB7A55E97.jpeg

---
37BFE20E-A281-4BEA-BAC5-C74F9A56C6B9.jpeg

8D184F75-46B5-4C4E-91E9-8A1ED901CC6A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Alice’s fans saw her wheel Tone out onto Twitter to exploit him (and his account) for her benefit and they encouraged it.

Whatever caused his coma 💉🩸 , if it was self-inflicted, if he had significant O2 deprivation, or if he was born that way. It doesn’t matter, she is using a vulnerable adult and it is a heartless thing to do.

Setting him up to attack Bianca and Ioan was sick on every level. Anyway It’s another goodbye and goodnight from the poor old sod. Unless she finds more use for him.

I expect we will hear the truth about LoboTony soon enough. A tragic and unwell man - in more ways than one.

MOO 🥛 🐄

View attachment 2017453

View attachment 2017455
---
View attachment 2017505
View attachment 2017507
Ah another well known Bristolian/British word- ‘Jeez’ 🙄🙄🙄 (what’s the point Alice Tone?)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
God th

MOO 🥛 🐄

View attachment 2017453

View attachment 2017455
---
View attachment 2017505
View attachment 2017507
God that man has announced more departures than Heathrow Airport !

• Haha
Reactions: 44
The incredible friends he has made on Twitter. Tone is confused, hopeless and thick but even he isn’t pathetic enough to call rando Twitter weirdos friends. Alice leave his bio alone, put the pills/booze away and go to bed you pitiful MOO!!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.