Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Treacletrixter

VIP Member
It depends how the agreement is made. On its face, it's not illegal to ask your spouse not to introduce a new partner for x months or what have you. Some parents agree to it. Not sure what laws you are referring to that would trump an agreement like that.
It’s not illegal to make all sorts of agreements. Two people can agree anything provided it is legal. It can be enforced as long as it doesn’t come into conflict with the law.

In this instance the agreement is not to introduce a new partner for x period. Fine if that’s what they want to do. But what if one decides they don’t. What is the recourse? Go to court and try to get a judge to enforce it ?

The question is does the judge have powers to do this. In many countries people will have human rights. One of which is the right to a family and private life free from interference. This is enshrined in law in many European countries. A judge doesn’t have the power to make a ruling that overturns that right based on a contract. Law always trumps contract when they come into conflict.

In a safeguarding matter the law is in conflict with the law and a judgement can be made.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

ButterTart

VIP Member
I would be very surprised if a judge tried to enforce any such agreement by parents. Unless a single or divorced parent has demonstrated they are negligent they get to make decisions in their own right about how they parent. I cannot see why that wouldn’t be a fundamental human right in countries where such things exist. The law would trump the agreement.
It depends how the agreement is made. On its face, it's not illegal to ask your spouse not to introduce a new partner for x months or what have you. Some parents agree to it. Not sure what laws you are referring to that would trump an agreement like that.

NarcRage

VIP Member
Is this latest filing an amendment to the interim custody/visitation stipulation (pending the custody hearing)? Or a permanent thing?

AnneinHever

VIP Member
I’m confused. Hadn’t Ioan already asked for 50/50 custody? Or is it because they had asked for a continuance that he has to file again?

Reactions: 4

Ittybittytittyclub

Chatty Member
Hi everyone! I don’t seem to be able to find where anyone has uploaded the documents? Can anyone point me in the right direction please x

Reactions: 1

House of Tea

VIP Member
Ioan has filed asking for fifty percent custody. Also some requests regarding therapy, agreeing on issues relating to the girls etc.
Still can’t read this. Someone said to check my downloads. I am on an iPad. Where should I be looking, anybody techy? Thanks.

Reactions: 1