Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #156 No one is responsible for Alice's bills but Alice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also the lawyers getting £90k each - Big Bad Maz did well there, swooping in at the eleventh hour and getting the same amount as Anne

• Wow
Reactions: 18
The stipulation is … interesting. They’ve both agreed to it. The judge has to now sign off on it. It would eliminate the need for tomorrow’s hearing.
Interesting! I assume the RO hearing will go ahead in any event?
Maybe big Al's lawyer has finally got through her thick head, that this is going to be the best she's going to get. Note that agents both put forward by Ioan and mAlice are to be used. I don't think mAlices pal will be able to get her any advantage (I bloody hope not!) As the stipulations seem as water tight as a ducks arse!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm not sure how I feel about this latest development at all, I'm delurking to post this, I hope there is a good reason.
Hello and welcome!
I'd say big Al has come to her senses, but that is highly doubtful 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The stipulation is … interesting. They’ve both agreed to it. The judge has to now sign off on it. It would eliminate the need for tomorrow’s hearing.
Thank you @ButterTart. It looks as if Ioan has handed control of the sale to the Abuser, or at least part control. Can she delay a sale? It does seem a waste of money if they’re having to pay for two agents. I can see, sort of, why he’s agreed to this, but I can see him back in court again when she starts playing silly whatsits as she’s bound to do.

Reactions: 22
I’m surprised as well. But I’m assuming he received legal advice that this would not negatively affect his share of the sale. IMO he is being VERY generous with her regarding all the terms of the sale. The only thing I can think of is that she would become equally liable for the mortgage/amount owing.

ETA: Meant to quote @welp
They are both named mortgagors already. I'm assuming it was bought and trustee owned the bare legal title on trust for them both.
And as usual Alice lied about the house not being in joint names and being swindled and done over by the prenup/ house wasn't put in her name only Ioan's etc.
It seems it was only ever in the name of the trustee (and still is) who held it on trust for both of them.
Certainly in England the trustee could be the legal seller or it could be transferred to the names of both beneficiaries who could sell. Alice was always a beneficiary -she just lied about it - her name is on the mortgage.

Reactions: 17
I admittedly dont know much about this stuff but it seems very surprising that he would agree to transfer the title to both names jointly. Am I missing something obvious here and it would be otherwise not possible to sell the house? I would have thought this would be the most no-go in what Alice proposed.

Anyway, a win for Ioan, it's finally getting sold.
I wonder if it has something to do with the trust? Has to be transferred to both names to be sold or something. I am surprised too.

Reactions: 15
How does the court stop her appearing remotely and with the children (Ella) present? Surely that won’t be allowed?
Does Ioan get the rest of the money from the sale of the house? My maths might be off. Like I said earlier, I’m out my tata’s on medication for a real reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m not sure having two agents is a clever idea but with them both vying for commission they are both likely to work harder to get the sale before the other one. So perhaps it’s canny to allow both. Seems stressful to me

---

How does the court stop her appearing remotely and with the children (Ella) present? Surely that won’t be allowed?
Does Ioan get the rest of the money from the sale of the house? My maths might be off. Like I said earlier, I’m out my tata’s in medication for a real reason.
good point. The pre-nup must surely still apply?

Reactions: 13
I think there will be lots of accidental copying in of Ioan on Alice's messages to Brianna and lots of accidental "reply to all" emails....
She has a line of communication to him.
This sale will be a nightmare.

Reactions: 17
Thank you @ButterTart. It looks as if Ioan has handed control of the sale to the Abuser, or at least part control. Can she delay a sale? It does seem a waste of money if they’re having to pay for two agents. I can see, sort of, why he’s agreed to this, but I can see him back in court again when she starts playing silly whatsits as she’s bound to do.
the stipulation does say that the court can make decisions if either party asks for an ex parte, she certainly will try to delay things but she cant do it endlessly

although Ioan has proven to be way too patient and gracious with her, she probably wouldnt even have the DVRO if she had no bailed on the settlement last year (which looks to be pretty much the same as what they are going to do now) and if she and her bro had kept silent on twitter

Does Ioan get the rest of the money from the sale of the house? My maths might be off. Like I said earlier, I’m out my tata’s on medication for a real reason.
pretty much, if Alice wasnt lying (LOL)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Any US turds know what the selling fees would be in $ on a joint listing?

Reactions: 4
I don’t know about LA but in my experience, agents take their commission from the selling price so you aren’t “paying” them out of pocket, as it were. And usually they would split the commission, so neither would get the full commission.

---

Any US turds know what the selling fees would be in $ on a joint listing?
There is no selling fee. The average commission is just under 5%. Or they could agree to a flat amount for handling the sale.

---

yes, but this is more of a lawyer exercise
They asked for tomorrow’s hearing to be vacated (cancelled) in light of the stipulation, assuming the judge approves it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.