Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #155 No one is responsible for Alice's behaviour except Alice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask those who are far smarter than I am, what is Alice actually opposing with this declaration? She doesn't seem to be asking for the house not to be sold, rather a change to the amount of money released before settlement, dictate who sells the property and remove the stipulation to copy in the council on emails to Ioan.

I don't know if her pity-party response of how wonderful her marriage was, how the children have only known this house and that Ioan is hiding money, was to slyly ask the judge to not sell the house but she doesn't seem to actually ask for that. Or is this just her attempt to stall things and stay in the house just that little bit longer?

Maybe is was her "telling her truth"as Phoney Toney has warned but even that seems a bit anti climatic (especially after Ioan submitting her ugly emails).

Is that correct or am I missing something?
My take (and you’re far smarter than me)
I thought she began with asking the court to refuse Ioan’s application to force the sale (claiming Ioan does have the means to pay for the property etc, that he’s being dishonest in his declaration of hardship yada yada). It’s her last ditch effort to stay in situ with him paying, for as long as possible, dressed up with the rot about the happy marriage, the kids needing stability etc.

She then goes on to request that if the house sale is ordered, that it be done on her terms (as you lay out), to her advantage in all respects.

I couldn’t read much beyond her declaration, the appendices seemed too intrusive. She’s a bleep, and a desperate one at that.

But still chuckling about the ‘Angel Trust’ … oh Ioan

Nail-biting stuff eh? Can’t wait to see what the judge does 🍿

Reactions: 23
In his attempt to shame Ioan Tone accidentally revealed that Alice has only spend 20 % of her savings
View attachment 1881452
also this "he earned 750k" is hilarious. 750k is nothing with legal costs, living in LA in two different places, your ex-partner not earning anything on top of the costs of self-employment, you clown. Especially when your ex burns it away. and especially if one year you dont earn that.

It's crazy that they still try to shame him for divorcing.
I think he’s saying that Alice’s life savings is less than 20% of 750,000. Which is her own fault. And I highly doubt she’s actually spent it, she’s just trying to pretend she hasn’t got it squirrelled away.

Reactions: 22
BIB: California is a no fault divorce state so 'perfect marriage' or not isn't of concern to the courts if one party wants a divorce.
ETA: what is 'perfect' to Alice (her opinion) doesn't mean it is/was to Ioan so if Alice considered their marriage perfect then it would not be perjury from her viewpoint.
Her saying the marriage was perfect might have been a bad example. It's not so much the subject or what she says, but that it can be shown to be untrue (although in this case I accept both your point about California being a no fault state and @ZipSilver's point about couples going to counselling for many different reasons).

I believe she's provably committed perjury throughout this document, and really hope Anne and Ioan have the receipts and are willing to use them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think he’s saying that Alice’s life savings is less than 20% of 750,000. Which is her own fault. And I highly doubt she’s actually spent it, she’s just trying to pretend she hasn’t got it squirrelled away.
okay thought he worded it weirdly but point stands. Ioan pays all the stuff. Alice only has to pay for her groceries (and probably the high legal fees that she has been responsible for being a dick) for the past few months. how they define this as "giving nothing" is quite hilarious.

Reactions: 13
If they transfer the house out of the trust into joint names before selling will there will be transfer fees (kind of like stamp duty?)?

I suspect there will be. Not that it's the only reason NOT to do it.....but

Reactions: 9
In his attempt to shame Ioan Tone accidentally revealed that Alice has only spend 20 % of her savings
View attachment 1881452
also this "he earned 750k" is hilarious. 750k is nothing with legal costs, living in LA in two different places, your ex-partner not earning anything on top of the costs of self-employment, you clown. Especially when your ex burns it away. and especially if one year you dont earn that.

It's crazy that they still try to shame him for divorcing.
Tone UK 😂 (AKA Alice USA) - Gosh they write like a 13 year old. Definitely emotionally stunted and now Bianca is rich lol, after all the grifting, bogan ho messages in the past 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 25
can you imagine what she will request for the custody stuff? She will probably demand a family vacation with the 4 of them twice per year LOL

It will actually be interesting: the strategy to circumvent a contact order over custody and other court orders is very common among abusers like Alice. Most judges *do* see through it (sadly not all), but the gender swapped variant is very rare and potential more dangerous for the judge to fall for it

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Doesn’t matter how much you hate your ex. As a parent your kids physical, emotional and financial wellbeing should be paramount.

Alice has done nothing to protect her kids from this mess and has actively made their situation worse. It’s horrible to watch her destroying everything.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Ioan wants to extract himself not intertwine himself further. She is trying to bind him to her by whatever means she can. He doesn’t want to wish anyone’s lives away but he must surely hope those girls grow up fast to adults so he can sever having to deal with A over the kids.

Reactions: 27
Ioan wants to extract himself not intertwine himself further. She is trying to bind him to her by whatever means she can. He doesn’t want to wish anyone’s lives away but he must surely hope those girls grow up fast to adults so he can sever having to deal with A over the kids.
Exactly what she’s doing! She’s dragging her feet cause she knows once this tit show is over she won’t have any leverage over Ioan anymore. Her lawyer will have told her it’s very likely the judge will order the house be sold, so mAlice has gone for the next best thing - insisting she ‘also’ (cough cough) has oversight of the sale and that Ioan must communicate with her directly. We all know she is going to make any sale impossible! I guarantee she won’t let any potential buyers view the property, or she’s let the place fall into such a state of disrepair the only potential buyers would be people who want to bulldoze the plot.

I just hope this nightmare ends as swiftly as possible for poor Ioan so he can finally move on with his life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I doubt it. They both lived a certain lifestyle and spent money. His country club membership. He is the one who leased really nice cars. She's in an old Prius. None of us knows if he was careful and astute with his money. To give Alice some credit, that home is not renovated except for his man cave. Most women would have been demanding a new kitchen, even those that don't cook, just for status alone, not wanting a dated kitchen, old bathrooms, etc. Their furniture looks well-used, to put it in a nice way. LOL I think they both lived beyond their means as a couple, just spent in different ways what they wanted and in other ways were fine in how they spent. He liked nice things.

I'm not going to make Ioan some perfect husband or saint in this scenario regarding their finances before their separation just because he's got a vindictive, crazy wife who is intent on taking him down since he left.
I agree. Twenty black leather jackets does not scream being careful with money. They both liked living a certain lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that if you've got the finances, and he was happy to work for his money while AE just wants to sponge off somebody. Acting is a notoriously precarious profession and Imo if he was that careful with money he would have had more saved by now, just to tide them over the times he wasn't working, not to mention for the kids future education. Tbh looking at what his finances have been reduced too, it looks like maybe he was a bit reckless with money, and as you said, both of them were living above their means.

AE is an abusive bleep. IG doesn't have to be perfect to be a victim.

They?? Ioan has been willing to downsize. He even got slated by Alice for living in a "box".
The point is he is downsizing since the separation because he has too. Whereas when he and AE were still together it looks like both of them enjoyed living beyond their means, and that they didn't save enough to see them through the lean times when IG couldn't get work. Which is foolish for an actor, let alone one in a marriage where he's the only one working and they have two kids. It doesn't make him a bad person or lessen or justify AE's abuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I agree. Twenty black leather jackets does not scream being careful with money. They both liked living a certain lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that if you've got the finances, and he was happy to work for his money while AE just wants to sponge off somebody. Acting is a notoriously precarious profession and Imo if he was that careful with money he would have had more saved by now, just to tide them over the times he wasn't working, not to mention for the kids future education. Tbh looking at what his finances have been reduced too, it looks like maybe he was a bit reckless with money, and as you said, both of them were living above their means.

The point is he is downsizing since the separation because he has too. Whereas when he and AE were still together it looks like both of them enjoyed living beyond their means, and that they didn't save enough to see them through the lean times when IG couldn't get work. Which is foolish for an actor, let alone one in a marriage where he's the only one working and they have two kids. It doesn't make him a bad person or lessen or justify AE's abuse.
I believe Alice claimed Ioan had opened a fund for the kids education in 2018 (I assume it's now dissolved). He was thinking about this stuff, and if it was a normal divorce they'd be relatively fine.

Also while your individual spendings on luxury items are your own decision the overall life decision are not (e.g. living in WeHo, flying business class, etc.) and often it's the case that the more dominant individual of the relationship makes the call here.

Reactions: 20

We don't know whether the twenty leather jackets were bought by Alice - I believe she has a shopping addiction (amongst others).
It's likely that she was buying clothes for him too, judging by some of his weird outfits (and shoes) when they were together.
E.g. I don't believe he went into a shop and bought his Armani wedding suit. Reckon that was a second hand ebay purchase from an NBA player....he looked like Tom Hanks in Big in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.