Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #118 We stand with Ioan Gruffudd. We stand with Elsie & Ella.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ioan didn’t leave the girls in Alice’s care. He employed someone (Gloria) to go the house daily to make sure they were taken care of because he knew Alice is an unfit mother.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
*consensually hugs all the lurkers who got so fed up that they had to post—welcome to the talking sphere*

I don’t have anything of real substance to add except that those girls need intense, effective therapy and pronto. It just keeps resurfacing in my mind, ever more aggressively. They have seen SO MUCH. They’ve felt torn between embracing a father who loves them AND has the stability and good nature to provide for them…and a cruel, appalling excuse for a mother who insists they choose her as the better parent. Even as a survivor I can’t fathom the stress they’re under and have BEEN under all these years. No baby should ever have to choose a parent to love.

And I think what partially renders this situation so difficult is that they (or maybe mostly Ella) seem to recognize that their mother is unhinged and dangerous, but they're loyal to her to a degree because they love her, because there’s perhaps a part of them that feels some sort of love-based sympathy for her. It is so bleeping hard having a broken parent who loves you, because you often come to see the damage they cause but your love for them keeps you returning to them. Some children just struggle greatly to reconcile those two realities of being abused by a parent but still having love for that parent. It’s a hard thing to compute for ADULTS, let alone lil ones.

They can love Alice; they’re allowed to love Alice if they want to. But you can love people from a distance, and in my opinion they need to love her from that distance to protect themselves. It’s a more complicated relationship to have with a loved one, but they’ll be safe in the end.

Anyway, I have to catch up but thank you all so much for your previous opinions—they’re very informative and your collective anger somehow helps soothe my own anger…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
btw this case is a good example of how easily woman get away with this.

Alice is leaving too many evidences and Ioan seems too patient/calm to catch him in the heat of the moment. Yet she gets some support, yet the kids are not immediately taken off her.

Most women are smart/careful and most men do snap at some point, and then the woman wins with ease
Yeah she wants him to snap for sure, she’s always goading him so she can twist it back on him. Absolute gaslighting - she claims she’s trying to help support Ella in that video, but she’s goading Ioan by using Ella’s emotions to make him feel bad.

I’ve had calls from my kids dad before (one was a child refusing to take a coat off on a hot day it was ridiculous and she was in a huge tantrum and he had yelled at her) but I backed him up on the phone and said ‘listen to daddy ok? It’s hot outside’

And then later in private I said to him ‘wtf happened there? You need to be more patient and not shout at her it doesn’t help, try to stay calm’

• Heart
Reactions: 38
When does Alice sleep? I am in Australia, opposite land timewise from LA. Alice has pretty much been in the Insta comments since I got up this morning and it is now dinner time. No wonder she can't parent. She must sleep all day!

He didn't leave them alone with Alice. He hired Gloria. The court docs are in the wiki. I suggest reading them first. :)
Alice is literally on Australian time zone since Oct last year. She sleeps when the Aussies sleep and is awake and posting when they are.

Reactions: 16
What is the penalty for making a video recording of someone without their knowledge then posting it online?
It’s def illegal but what is the penalty anyone know?

Reactions: 15
9BAE5697-6F03-49C6-BBFE-31BBEE5DE6DD.jpeg

does anyone think that the last lines of this are strange? Like Ella speaks about ‘your take on your Dad’. Seems to me like she’s not believing all Alice’s BS about her Grandfather?

• Sad
Reactions: 24
What is the penalty for making a video recording of someone without their knowledge then posting it online?
I thought it was a crime to do that. But she seems pretty infallible in that respect.

Reactions: 10
Depends. Recording a private call between two other people without consent can be charged as either a misdemeanor (less serious) or a felony (much more serious). It's up to the prosecutor.

If it's charged as a misdemeanor, the maximum penalties are a year of imprisonment in the county jail or a fine of up to $2,500. If it’s charged as a felony, then it’s punishable by 2–3 years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Depends. It can be charged as either a misdemeanor (less serious) or a felony (much more serious). It's up to the prosecutor.

If it's charged as a misdemeanor, the maximum penalties are a year of imprisonment in the county jail or a fine of up to $2,500. If it’s charged as a felony, then it’s punishable by 2–3 years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500.
I hope Anne pursues this. What Alice did was highly illegal and not only did she record it but she posted it

Reactions: 20
Those poor, poor girls.
So there we have it - confirmed alcohol/ambien dependency (I mean obvious seeing her behavior/decline in physical appearance, but still - sort of shocking seeing it in black and white). She needs to go to rehab stat.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
As someone who's mother acted exactly like Alice (my mother would give me the silent treatment if I spoke to my dad, would force me to call his new partner and call her names and If I didn't she would cry and say I was betraying her. I was 10.), Reading all these documents was absolutely gut wrenching.

My mum ended up letting my Dad come and get me, after she met a new man and he wanted to move his kids in and there wasn't room for me. I've only seen her a few times since I was 11 and I'm 37 now. Best thing that could have happened to me, but I still carry the trauma she inflicted.

I hope Ioan gets his daughters and they get all the help and support they need. Poor darling's.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
Yes, I’m curious, too.^ After reading comments, I suspect it was a video of Ella crying and I’m hoping with all my heart that this is not the case because I will scream.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.