Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #109 I'm Alice Evans, my life’s a mess, I need a GoFundMe to buy Panda Express

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Read up on the wiki by clicking the pink button.

Please pop any sensitive or off-topic stuff behind a spoiler.

Suggest in bold any new thread title suggestions when we reach 900 posts & vote so they're easy to find.

Please stick to the rules so we can keep our threads!
(Link to terms and rules at bottom of each page)

===============================

Domestic Abuse is real - help is available:

Domestic Violence / Domestic Abuse Support
DV/DA and narcissistic abuse includes but is not limited to mental, emotional, and psychological abuse as well as physical, sexual, and financial abuse.

Unlike physical abuse, narcissistic abuse leaves no physical marks. A form of psychological and emotional abuse, it is invisible and difficult to prove. Yet, its effects are lasting and harmful.

For anyone (male or female) who would like to reach out for support here are some links below:

Countdown for AE's Permanent Restraining Order court hearing:

Link to Alice's GoFundMe:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I am seriously dumbfounded how these people could donate to Alice. They're essentially donating to someone who doesn't give a flying toss about them and Alice would turn on them the moment they criticised her!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I am seriously dumbfounded how these people could donate to Alice. They're essentially donating to someone who doesn't give a flying toss about them and Alice would turn on them the moment they criticised her!
One day every single one of them will realise they were conned by her (as seems to happen a lot with her) and they will be livid they ever gave her money. Everyone eventually sees the light. It's just a matter of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hey, Alice, if you want me to donate I want to see the receipts that you're spending the money on food for your kids and legal help. Because I'm pretty sure people are just funding your wine habit. And fully expect in August to see you whining about not having any legal help despite having raised enough for it by then.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
One day every single one of them will realise they were conned by her (as seems to happen a lot with her) and they will be livid they ever gave her money. Everyone eventually sees the light. It's just a matter of time.
Sadly I don't think this is true. Folks get really tied to their beliefs in a way which becomes personal. No amount of evidence or facts will change things for them. There will always be people who side with Alice no matter what. Usually those will be the most vulnerable and those most personally invested in the narrative. It's hard to comprehend, but you can slowly see the tide turning. Some are waking up. The pure drama of the tabloids is running out because it's getting boring, even for the tabloids.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sadly I don't think this is true. Folks get really tied to their beliefs in a way which becomes personal. No amount of evidence or facts will change things for them. There will always be people who side with Alice no matter what. Usually those will be the most vulnerable and those most personally invested in the narrative. It's hard to comprehend, but you can slowly see the tide turning. Some are waking up. The pure drama of the tabloids is running out because it's getting boring, even for the tabloids.
Yeah I think you took it a bit too seriously. Obviously it's impossible to say every single person would change.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
It's a cult of personality around Alice.

Reactions: 19
Shiny new thread, title thanks to @klairklopp

Title tweaked slightly to fit the limit.

Previous thread:
@MarkC1387 thank you for creating new thread ❤ xo

@klairklopp congrats, AMAZING thread title, I'm lovin it 💜🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 18
2 people have donated $1000 each. Mugs.
So that’s Alice and one other loser who has donated $1.000. 😏

She turns on anyone who doesn’t agree 100% with her. On her page you either hate Ioan or you are a Troll, no in between for Big Al, it’s all or nothing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
So. Anyway,

Something I’ve been thinking about is the idea of parasocial relationships. We’re all asking why people donate to Alice. We’re all asking why there are people fawning all over her of social media. To provide some context:

Parasocial relationships are one-sided relationships, where one person extends emotional energy, interest and time, and the other party, the persona, is completely unaware of the other's existence. Parasocial relationships are most common with celebrities, organizations (such as sports teams) or television stars.

I know it seems weird to put this up on this thread. I do however think there’s a distinct difference between the Alice sycophants, and most of the tattle folks who come together to provide honest and respectful discourse about an abusive situation. Half the stuff on here is Tattlers supporting other Tattlers. The best parts of this Tattle thread is: the factual informational, the friendly community, a safe platform to discuss questions and opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
So. Anyway,

Something I’ve been thinking about is the idea of parasocial relationships. We’re all asking why people donate to Alice. We’re all asking why there are people fawning all over her of social media. To provide some context:

Parasocial relationships are one-sided relationships, where one person extends emotional energy, interest and time, and the other party, the persona, is completely unaware of the other's existence. Parasocial relationships are most common with celebrities, organizations (such as sports teams) or television stars.

I know it seems weird to put this up on this thread. I do however think there’s a distinct difference between the Alice sycophants, and most of the tattle folks who come together to provide honest and respectful discourse about an abusive situation. Half the stuff on here is Tattlers supporting other Tattlers. The best parts of this Tattle thread is: the factual informational, the friendly community, a safe platform to discuss questions and opinions.
Is there a version of the parasocial relationship where the celebrity interacts, even to a limited degree? Alice certainly does—she love bombs and gushes over the compliments she gets. She even created an elite inner circle with “insider” info, DMs, emails, etc. It’s mutually beneficial and creepy as hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Is there a version of the parasocial relationship where the celebrity interacts, even to a limited degree? Alice certainly does—she love bombs and gushes over the compliments she gets. She even created an elite inner circle with “insider” info, DMs, emails, etc. It’s mutually beneficial and creepy as hell.
Fascinating question! Would love to hear others thoughts on this.

My thoughts are:

Alice isn't actually a celebrity anymore…except in her own mind.

Alice isn’t considered a celebrity even among celebrity circles but is getting notice (in bad rags) due to her association to a known actor.

Alice is largely viewed as the abusive and vengeful wife of a legitimate and known actor, in both personal and professional circles.

Alice has been ostracized from both personal and professional circles due to her behavior.

She gets press in the DM. She’s not exactly getting hits on PageSix, TMZ, CNN, BBC, or People.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
There's a musician named Amanda Palmer who people either love or hate who has mastered that parasocial relationship. Some mentioned Alice should look into a Patreon, which is what Palmer does. She's also pretty problematic and there's a super cut of her singing the n-word over and over, so she's not my bag.

A more unkind comparison be Palmer and Alice would be the very large sense of self importance and cultivating online relationships that by the very nature cannot be equal. However, Amanda palmer does indeed make music that people like and pay for. Alice doesn't even come close to that work ethic.

Palmer is also married to the phenomenally wealthy author Neil Gaiman, so the grubby nature of asking for money is a bit muted. But palmer too creates circles of fans and deep loyalty in the face of super questionable behaviour.

The core of that parasocial exchange is that it takes so little to feel so special in the presence of an arbitrary blue check. One of Alice's biggest claims to fame is the Hallmark movie. Imagine any of the other ladies who were in the show who had talent don't get that same adoration? Alice knows how to work a line.

I'm not sure if I have a point but there's other examples of people needing validation and it always seems to me to be from people who are really screwy.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Fascinating question! Would love to hear others thoughts on this.

My thoughts are:

Alice isn't actually a celebrity anymore…except in her own mind.

Alice isn’t considered a celebrity even among celebrity circles but is getting notice (in bad rags) due to her association to a known actor.

Alice is largely viewed as the abusive and vengeful wife of a legitimate and known actor, in both personal and professional circles.

Alice has been ostracized from both personal and professional circles due to her behavior.

She gets press in the DM. She’s not exactly getting hits on PageSix, TMZ, CNN, BBC, or People.
But for a time on Twitter, she was seen as a "celebrity" in the political battles. I kept running across her in the Twitter circles I ran in.

But she never quite got "it". She fought with black leaders. She bashed Meghan Markle. Kind of a no no in that particular American circle. Then her infamous fight with Twitter bigshot Hoarse Whisperer. If you don't know it, it's floating in threads somewhere.

And if you notice - many of Alice's Twitter supporters are also low followed accounts within the same political demographic. So when this divorce EXPLODED, those same followers started commenting to Alice, bashing Ioan and Bianca, and Alice LOVED them. And noticed them. And it was awesome for them.

Now they can show their love at 10 dolla a pop.

They have had the time of their lives.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
There's a musician named Amanda Palmer who people either love or hate who has mastered that parasocial relationship. Some mentioned Alice should look into a Patreon, which is what Palmer does. She's also pretty problematic and there's a super cut of her singing the n-word over and over, so she's not my bag.

A more unkind comparison be Palmer and Alice would be the very large sense of self importance and cultivating online relationships that by the very nature cannot be equal. However, Amanda palmer does indeed make music that people like and pay for. Alice doesn't even come close to that work ethic.

Palmer is also married to the phenomenally wealthy author Neil Gaiman, so the grubby nature of asking for money is a bit muted. But palmer too creates circles of fans and deep loyalty in the face of super questionable behaviour.

The core of that parasocial exchange is that it takes so little to feel so special in the presence of an arbitrary blue check. One of Alice's biggest claims to fame is the Hallmark movie. Imagine any of the other ladies who were in the show who had talent don't get that same adoration? Alice knows how to work a line.

I'm not sure if I have a point but there's other examples of people needing validation and it always seems to me to be from people who are really screwy.
The relationship with Gaiman is also questionable. At the height of lockdown, he fled all the way to Scotland, leaving Palmer and their child in New Zealand. They're still together though.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.