Inventing Anna - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found it hard to watch because of the god awful overacting, gurning, huffing and puffing of the journalist. She was so bad to watch I finally had to fast forward any scene she was in.
I think the exact same! I’m enjoying it but the journalist’s facial expressions are so annoying! Every expression is contorted and exaggerated, it’s driving me mad! Don’t like her character at all really. Find her quite cheesy.

Reactions: 7
I enjoyed it but I felt like they spent more time getting into the journalist’s character than anna’s, they could’ve gone a lot deeper with her.

What parts of the journalist character were even real?

I don't mind a little creative license. But the getting clearance from the vital person while in labour was so 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 8
Fun fact: The small town in Germany her family emigrated to is right next to mine.
And frankly, I wouldn't want to emigrate there either, it can't have been easy for a teenager. No excuse for all the stealing and fraud later on though.

The Wikipedia article mentions that if she was released from the ICE she "would have the ability and inclination to continue to commit fraudulent and dishonest acts". I totally believe that. From watching the show (not quite done yet) it seemed like every time she go kind of close to getting what she wanted, when a moderately sane person could have maybe thought "no further, and I could get away with it", she wanted to up it even further.

Reactions: 4
Ok, coming back now that the point where they are in Germany and I am appalled at how it's portrayed and the people.
And editing so say that the town they filmed this in isn't even Eschweiler.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I enjoyed the show but i couldnt get past the journalist looking a lot like someone i used to work with 🤣

Did anyone else watch the doc on the fyre festival after this? Intresting Anna knew the guy behind that

I enjoyed the show but i couldnt get past the journalist looking a lot like someone i used to work with 🤣

Did anyone else watch the doc on the fyre festival after this? Intresting Anna knew the guy behind that
I watched the Fyre documentary last year or so and really enjoyed it.
What I find really interesting is that Anna knew him and her boyfriend was also a con artist. Looks like alike people really find each other.

I watched the Fyre documentary last year or so and really enjoyed it.
What I find really interesting is that Anna knew him and her boyfriend was also a con artist. Looks like alike people really find each other.
Where can I find this Fyre documentary, please? Would love to watch it. Thank you 💚

I slogged it out to the end and ended up finding that the central characters sucked and Rachel Williams getting screwed over in this series. They diluted her story to a middle-class white girl who has never suffered in her life, got a job at Vanity Fair after a couple of months, pathetic hanger on, who was stupid enough to get conned. The cherry on the this tit sundae is how dare she try to go after a fraudster and turn her misery into monetary gains. Who wouldn't try to make lemonade out of lemons? In real life, Rachel didn't get her debt forgiven by Amex until Anna was convicted and she did transfer the debt from her work credit card to her personal one.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Reactions: 1
I just watched this and I recognise Kacy from Lindsay Lohans awful reality show that she did when she came out of prison. Kacy comes across as a real hanger on trying to ingratiate herself and sucks up to Lindsay, big style. I actually found it uncomfortable to watch.
I wasn’t surprised when I realised it was the same woman, befriending and leaching off of another rich young girl.

• Wow
That was a good article! Interesting that Rachel didn't really feature in the original article. I wonder why they decided to demonise her in the series?
I didn't think the show demonised her at all! Now ye it makes her look like a hanger on, but when I read her book, that's how she came across to me. They were always out drinking champagne and going to fancy restaurants with Anna buying everything including her clothes. Even in her book it's hard to have sympathy (right up until Morocco - then you can really feel her panic) for someone who is happy to be in the company of someone else for show, greed, and personal gain.

Anna going off at her on insta recently also showed was an awful person Anna was and continues to be.

Reactions: 2
I didn't think the show demonised her at all! Now ye it makes her look like a hanger on, but when I read her book, that's how she came across to me. They were always out drinking champagne and going to fancy restaurants with Anna buying everything including her clothes. Even in her book it's hard to have sympathy (right up until Morocco - then you can really feel her panic) for someone who is happy to be in the company of someone else for show, greed, and personal gain.

Anna going off at her on insta recently also showed was an awful person Anna was and continues to be.
Does she say in her book that Anna bought her clothes? I thought the article said that wasn't true.
I think it would be very easy to get swayed by someone that seemingly is living a life that everyone would love. Why wouldn't you let her pay for everything if that is what she offers and supposedly has millions?

Reactions: 3
Does she say in her book that Anna bought her clothes? I thought the article said that wasn't true.
I think it would be very easy to get swayed by someone that seemingly is living a life that everyone would love. Why wouldn't you let her pay for everything if that is what she offers and supposedly has millions?
Yanno I'm not 100% sure! I read it when it first came out (inhaled it actually!), and definitely had perceived she was buying clothes. But without reading the book again it's totally possible that's a false memory from the tv show.

But I did find it uncomfortable and fake that she was so involved with Anna and having her buy everything. Not wanting to pay for anything showed to me greed. Irrespective of someone's seemingly endless means, not buying anything in return or showing any appreciation and gratitude just read like social climbing and leeching.

I think the exact same! I’m enjoying it but the journalist’s facial expressions are so annoying! Every expression is contorted and exaggerated, it’s driving me mad! Don’t like her character at all really. Find her quite cheesy.
I think this is actually what the actress is like in real life. If you watch her in My Girl, she has the exact same mouth.

Reactions: 1
I’m just up to the last two episodes and I have to say it’s a drag isn’t it? Could have been a decent 5/6 parter I guess.

I cant understand Neff’s loyalty to Anna at all

Reactions: 14