Inthefrow #7 fashion week reject, PR gifts are life, my biggest achievement is being a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she will do a big reveal on the weekend, something lame like that
It will, of course, have to have a whole vlog circling back months and months to when they first decided they were dog people and then have about 3 minutes of actual dog footage

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If she words it like that I will lose it. Like that is literally what these people do with a new handbag, the big reveal and unboxing. They don’t deserve a dog.
I know this is a trash thread, I don't think she will ruin the dog life. It has taken them quite a while to get a dog, they could have got it in the beginning of lockdown but I have the impression that they thought about it for quite a while. If there is a blogger that shouldn't get a dog or a cat, I think that is Lydia haha

But I agreed with you that if it is a big reveal thing on the weekend, it will be very bad taste

Reactions: 10
No doubt there will be some luxury brand ad that will be intergrated into the video? Maybe one about her jewellery collection to get the views?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
No doubt there will be some luxury brand ad that will be intergrated into the video? Maybe one about her jewellery collection to get the views?
YES! No doubt the new doggo will appear at the end of the video. I’m so grateful for the f/fwd button so I don’t have to listen to her squealing and lisping 😆

Reactions: 12
I know this is a trash thread, I don't think she will ruin the dog life. It has taken them quite a while to get a dog, they could have got it in the beginning of lockdown but I have the impression that they thought about it for quite a while. If there is a blogger that shouldn't get a dog or a cat, I think that is Lydia haha

But I agreed with you that if it is a big reveal thing on the weekend, it will be very bad taste
I don’t think they will ‘ruin the dog’s life’ but I don’t think people who treat pets like accessories deserve animals, tbh.

Reactions: 16
Why do you have to make everything into a teaser you pretentious idiot? It's just a bleeping dog.

How is she going to sustain her "career" with a dog? Unless the husband not the brother is going to stay at home with it when she travels? I remember when I got a dog and I felt like my social life had ended 😂 No going out all day, nipping out after work etc! And if they don't live near any of their family who will dog sit?

How is she going to sustain her "career" with a dog? Unless the husband not the brother is going to stay at home with it when she travels? I remember when I got a dog and I felt like my social life had ended 😂 No going out all day, nipping out after work etc! And if they don't live near any of their family who will dog sit?
Maybe she's smarter than we give her credit for and she's figured out noone cares about her husband but she hasnt got the guts to tell him to stay home from trips so she's got this dog so someone will need to stay home!
Jk she'll just put the dog in kennels constantly like other influencers.

Reactions: 12
100% agree she’s holding out on sharing the dog to exploit him as clickbait in Sunday’s video.

And that really says it all about how sad her content has become... #tragic

100% agree she’s holding out on sharing the dog to exploit him as clickbait in Sunday’s video.

I am really wary of people getting animals at the moment tbh. Not everyone, just as a disclaimer. However, I help out with a local cat rescue and the amount of people who are giving animals back at the moment is insane...people started adopting animals at the start of lockdown, then when their lives resumed a bit with lockdown easing, they're handing them back. Even cats, which are pretty independent and don't need someone there with them all day (especially if you have more than 1). I'm hearing at the dog shelters it's even worse. Once the world goes back to normal a bit more and Vic wants to be flying off everywhere, what is she going to do with the dog? She travels a lot in normal times. I know someone who got a dog just before the first proper UK lockdown, and when she goes out all day or all night, she just leaves the dog at home in his cage.

COVID times are actually a good opportunity if you genuinely want a pet and you're working at home etc to settle them in and stuff. But I am pretty sceptical of Vic, I don't recall ever hearing her saying she wants a dog before, and it does very much seem a bit like she just needs some new content. I also really dislike/don't understand when people automatically decide their pet can't go in a certain area of the house or don't let them on sofas etc, your home is your pet's home, if you don't want cat/dog hair everywhere maybe...don't get a cat or dog idk. No offence intended to anyone who does this, to me it's the combination of factors like haven't heard her say she wants a dog, has decided dog can't go in some areas of the house already, and is treating it like she's getting a new accessory to make a video about. When you put it all together like that I am uncomfortable about the whole thing tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
The only influencers that got their pet from the shelter is Estee
I don't keep up with her much but on her thread they're speculating that she will take the dog back because she thinks he's difficult and she's struggling, even though objectively the dog just sounds like a dog in a new home. In a way, people who adopt can be worse because in the back of their mind they've always got the option to 'take a dog back' whereas if you buy one, you can't do that. It breaks my heart that people treat animals like a dress they decided they didn't like so much and will return to the store :cry: I can't see Vic taking it well when her new dog pees in the wrong place at first or on her brand new floor etc

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I am really wary of people getting animals at the moment tbh. Not everyone, just as a disclaimer. However, I help out with a local cat rescue and the amount of people who are giving animals back at the moment is insane...people started adopting animals at the start of lockdown, then when their lives resumed a bit with lockdown easing, they're handing them back. Even cats, which are pretty independent and don't need someone there with them all day (especially if you have more than 1). I'm hearing at the dog shelters it's even worse. Once the world goes back to normal a bit more and Vic wants to be flying off everywhere, what is she going to do with the dog? She travels a lot in normal times. I know someone who got a dog just before the first proper UK lockdown, and when she goes out all day or all night, she just leaves the dog at home in his cage.

COVID times are actually a good opportunity if you genuinely want a pet and you're working at home etc to settle them in and stuff. But I am pretty sceptical of Vic, I don't recall ever hearing her saying she wants a dog before, and it does very much seem a bit like she just needs some new content. I also really dislike/don't understand when people automatically decide their pet can't go in a certain area of the house or don't let them on sofas etc, your home is your pet's home, if you don't want cat/dog hair everywhere maybe...don't get a cat or dog idk. No offence intended to anyone who does this, to me it's the combination of factors like haven't heard her say she wants a dog, has decided dog can't go in some areas of the house already, and is treating it like she's getting a new accessory to make a video about. When you put it all together like that I am uncomfortable about the whole thing tbh.
I agree and it’s a subject I’m very passionate about having been a foster for a dog rescue for the last 10 years. People adopt dogs because they want something cute and cuddly — then hand them over when they don’t fit into their lifestyle.

Hopefully Vicky has really thought this through but to be honest she nor Alex have ever struck me as dog people. They also don’t have close friends/family nearby to step in and help watch the doggie when they presumably get to travel again. That means the dog will be in a kennel. Sadly, I’ve come across many dogs in rescue who are traumatized from spending much of their life in a kennel. 🥺

I also HIGHLY doubt the dog came from a reputable breeder because for those litters you are on waiting lists for months and often years. That means it could come from a puppy Mill which I won’t even go into the details describing the horrific conditions the parent dogs are kept in. Puppy mills also don’t do genetic testing so dogs from them can develop heart breaking conditions reputable breeders try to avoid at all costs.

Hopefully we’re wrong and it’s a rescue they have fully thought through but given the track record of these two self-absorbed twats - I doubt it.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

Nah. They probably took all that time to narrow down a breed, find a breeder and then put their deposit down for a puppy that wouldn’t be born/ready to leave it’s mother until now.

Reactions: 8
Doing coach adverts now? Vicky please don't ruin coach for me too. Blah. Also what did she expect when she got a puppy? That's what puppies do! They cry it is like having a little baby except this one has been taken from its mom and doesn't know how to cope!

Reactions: 9

Yes! I mean I can still understand if it was all in one video like “guys guess what we got a puppy, here he is!” But to announce the dog, talk about the dog, and not show it? What even?

Reactions: 9
Yes! I mean I can still understand if it was all in one video like “guys guess what we got a puppy, here he is!” But to announce the dog, talk about the dog, and not show it? What even?
It makes it seem more inauthentic and all for content the way she is carefully applying marketing techniques to her dog reveal. If she was really genuinely so happy and excited to get a dog, like you say, it could have all been in one video. She is treating it like an ad campaign or sponsored video, so it's no wonder we are all doubting the genuineness of it all.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.