Inthefrow #7 fashion week reject, PR gifts are life, my biggest achievement is being a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m attending the Vogue Business Fashion Sunmit today and guess who’s on a panel about going viral? Leonie (w/ Olivier Rousteing). Can’t stand her, but THIS is what separates Vic from the successful bloggers.

Reactions: 11
I’m attending the Vogue Business Fashion Sunmit today and guess who’s on a panel about going viral? Leonie (w/ Olivier Rousteing). Can’t stand her, but THIS is what separates Vic from the successful bloggers.
YES!! And I saw Tamara hosted style awards for Elle Magazine.

Meanwhile miss Vicky is shilling more Holland Cooper crap no one cares about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hi Vic - Olivier from Balmain (😘) just said that people stopped reading magazines because we got tired of seeing all the ads. Consumers just want authenticity. TAKE NOTE.

Vic on the Nuin fashion train...and so the downfall continues.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Magazines shouldn't exist anymore, pure pages full of ads, articles with hidden ads on them uff so from the 90s

Reactions: 9
I'll be honest, I'm much more likely to support magazines than influencers. Even if a stay is gifted to a travel writer for instance, that travel writer will have probably spent years learning their craft and being paid very little and you get a piece which is descriptive, informative and aspirational without wondering what they did to deserve it. Plus, it's work. So I'm all for magazines.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The Holland and Cooper brand that’s everywhere now is upsetting me, Sophie Shohet mentioned it, and Lidl Millen and now Frow -Why are the knock off balmain jackets £550?! I’m stunned, who on earth is buying it? Also some of the pics on the website are very unflattering and make the blazers look like those cheap and nasty polyester PLT /missguided blazers that make you sweat like a pig

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I’ve only just checked out what Holland Cooper actually is — I’m shocked haha, I thought it was going to be some sort of US brand a bit like Abercrombie & Fitch?? The name doesn’t say English heritage to me at all. Is it new? I’d never heard of it outside of Lydia and Frow

Reactions: 10
I’ve only just checked out what Holland Cooper actually is — I’m shocked haha, I thought it was going to be some sort of US brand a bit like Abercrombie & Fitch?? The name doesn’t say English heritage to me at all. Is it new? I’d never heard of it outside of Lydia and Frow
YEs- it's the wife of the guy who founded super dry

• Wow
Sounds like a tractor name or working clothes to me

• Haha
I’d never heard of the brand either before Vicky advertised them. Having a look at the brand and who is behind it, it seems some noveau riche bollocks trying to masquerade as a british heritage brand. It has no heritage! It’s been going 5 minutes, yet they’ve got a crest and drone on about everything being made in the U.K.

whats Interesting is that I got a few hits about Holland and Cooper using real fur.... wonder if Vicky did her homework? not that she cares about using animal products of course, but fur is a a bad look.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
YEs- it's the wife of the guy who founded super dry
🤮 it’s a no from me.

Just goes to show these girls really have no integrity or taste. Or maybe the offers from proper brands are declining at this stage...

It literally looks like River Island tribute products to Balmain??

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Interesting article.... although it’s a few years old it shows evidence that not all the clothes this brand are British made:

and another about a family feud. The owner seems trash as duck.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Interesting article.... although it’s a few years old it shows evidence that not all the clothes this brand are British made:

and another about a family feud. The owner seems trash as duck.
She just seems like some rich brat whose daddy funded her rip off Ralph Lauren brand. The logos and tight fits look so gauche and not country chic. Tacky. Just like Vic herself.

Stella McCartney wins the wealthy dad bankrolls business prize. At least she went to fashion school.

Reactions: 15
Super dry always looked like Japanese, that style is more from the 2000s decade, Holland Cooper sounds more American than British to me, I dont know why a tractor and wellies in a farm come to my mind when I heard the name

She just seems like some rich brat whose daddy funded her rip off Ralph Lauren brand. The logos and tight fits look so gauche and not country chic. Tacky. Just like Vic herself.

Stella McCartney wins the wealthy dad bankrolls business prize. At least she went to fashion school.
I know someone who works in Stella and she just puts her name and face only , all the designs etc are created by different people inside the company but she never designs anything is not like a creative brand anyway.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
“Described as ‘a chic range of shooting and luxury fashion for men and women’.”

Shooting clothes, nice!

Perfect for Frow and Lydia on their regular shooting weekends 😂
Investment pieces?? WHY would ANYONE invest in these Burberry and Balmain knock offs when they can just invest in Burberry and Balmain for a little bit more. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ OR, at the very least Longchamp. There’s absolutely nothing original about the HC designs.

From what I’ve read - Jade’s husband is the successful one so this line is probably just her pipe dream he’s funding.

Reactions: 15
And is a TRUE sustainability fashion pioneer unlike our wannabe Frow and others.

I think the more I educated myself on fast fashion and the pollution fashion Industry causes the more I fell outta love with almost every influencer.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And is a TRUE sustainability fashion pioneer unlike our wannabe Frow and others.

I think the more I educated myself on fast fashion and the pollution fashion Industry causes the more I fell outta love with almost every influencer.
I think that's what disappoints me most about Victoria even more than others. She is an educated woman who is undoubtedly aware of these issues, yet she actively chose to abandon a normal career and be an influencer. She gets so excited ripping open packages and stockpiling the free stuff. Never mind the planet as long as she has 25 back ups of a face cream she's never going to ger round to using. And don't you dare criticise her necessary work trips. As for the Holland Cooper clothes, they are nice enough, but I don't like all the gaudy gold buttons and giant H and C emblazoned everywhere. That to me is what makes them tacky. I went into a Holland Cooper shop last year and wasn't that impressed.

Reactions: 14
do you guys really think that the way they treat the dog (lying on back, walking..) could have serious consequences for him? i don't know much about lil dachshunds so i'm asking because i'm genuinely worried about that sweet little boy :(
Just looking through her dog posts and honestly it’s not even the cutest version of a dachshund she could get. She’s obviously got it for the content but she fucked it by getting that colour and variation. I think she just wanted something to match her hideous sofas and gifted Hermes blankets....

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.