Inthefrow #7 fashion week reject, PR gifts are life, my biggest achievement is being a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe the brands she advertises for have paid for the song rights? I know a lot of "content creators" have to show their work to the brand before they can publish it. Brands know about copyright laws.
I think currently it’s a loop hole that they are using to their advantage. This kind of advertising on instagram (using tik toks essentially) is quiet new. And youtube took a while to get regulated. I imagine it might be some time before Instagram regulations are at the same level as YouTube.

Reactions: 6
Maybe the brands she advertises for have paid for the song rights? I know a lot of "content creators" have to show their work to the brand before they can publish it. Brands know about copyright laws.
You’d be surprised how many brands get wrote to with cease and desists for things like this. The brands may well have the appropriate permissions to use the copyrighted material, but the issue for me personally is that she isn’t disclosing this to her large following. I’m not sure if it’s required for her to do so, but it surely is best practice all around. Especially if she is making money from using these songs/copyrighted works.

It might well be something that has gone over people’s heads. But, for example, on YouTube it’s a requirement to only keep it to a certain length of time and to fully credit the artist. On Instagram however, it just says in their terms and conditions that it’s a copyright violation if the original person who owns the material is not made aware. It’s a massive grey area for sure, but who knows... these particular incidences may well make it more definitive in terms of whether it is or isn’t a copyright violation.

Reactions: 6
I would assume that in their contracts with V, the brands state that she is responsible for complying with all laws and regs and for obtaining any relevant clearances/consents. Having said that, it's possible that the brands themselves have taken on this responsibility but I think that's unlikely for a single ad by an influencer...unless the Beyonce song was used widely across a big influencer campaign.

Reactions: 8
but I think that's unlikely for a single ad by an influencer...unless the Beyonce song was used widely across a big influencer campaign.
Especially when COACH’s current campaign is with JLO — who even designed one of the Hutton bags Vicky was peddling. If they had a promotional pop music available for influencers, I’m sure Coach would select Jlo tunes.

Ultimately Influencers are independent contractors tho. I have hired outsourced videographers at work for things who occasionally use copyrighted music. One video I uploaded to YouTube and it got flagged - which was cleared when the videographer and I presented proof that proper rights to the music was purchased.

Thank you for the wonderful information about copyrights and how influencers find loopholes to everything.

No matter how much we scorn Victoria and her manchild, the fact still remains that she'll exploit anything and everything in order to fulfill her fantasy of this rejected-girl-boss-fashion-blogger.

We've seen her being rejected by fashion brands, never travelled for content, and yet still finds her competition toxic. She points her fingers to anyone she thinks must give in to her demands. She blames CoVid-19 in "ruining" her plans, but no one gave her a look after she arrogantly left Gleam and moved-in to Deanshanger. As the pandemic is still on going, of course, fashion will be more selective: whoever cannot make it is cut.

In example, Tamara scored a Michael Kors fashion edit in the middle of the pandemic, it means that she can bring something to the table, and is focused on moving forward with her career, even though she has flaws. She knew that fashion was going to make a big cut, and she made sure that she will be able to get a hefty chunk of it, thanks to her German friends, her boyfriend and her management. She smartly moved into Paris, and made herself seen with the heavyweights: Caro Daur, Leonie Hanne, Xenia Adonts, Bryanboy. She worked and made herself valuable connections, and now she's in the front row of shows, became a PFW ambassador.

In their industry, its all about connections. Victoria cut all her strings, thinking brands will fall to her knees and beg for her to be in their shows. She thought that she'll be able to score the things that Gleam was able to get her, even though 100% of them were excess crumbs. She thought that she could get 100% of the profits through each project, and thus fund herself even more. Heck, she can finally get the manchild a driver's license, poor manchild cannot even pass a simple test, how tragic.

No matter how hard she tries, she's just gonna be a massive failure, because it's what she really is.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
General question: on YouTube videos, do they no longer have to disclose Ads in the title/thumbnail? I know some yters like lily pebbles do but vic defo doesn’t so I’m kinda confused...she does mention in the description but I don’t think she actually says in the videos - sorry if this is common knowledge!

General question: on YouTube videos, do they no longer have to disclose Ads in the title/thumbnail? I know some yters like lily pebbles do but vic defo doesn’t so I’m kinda confused...she does mention in the description but I don’t think she actually says in the videos - sorry if this is common knowledge!
There must be a written and verbal declaration. Sophie Shohet did a video about it, but I don't remember what specific video it is. There is a proper template on declaration.
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.21.40 PM.png

That's the proper declaration, in which majority of UK influencers don't do.

Reactions: 11
You’d be surprised how many brands get wrote to with cease and desists for things like this. The brands may well have the appropriate permissions to use the copyrighted material, but the issue for me personally is that she isn’t disclosing this to her large following. I’m not sure if it’s required for her to do so, but it surely is best practice all around. Especially if she is making money from using these songs/copyrighted works.

It might well be something that has gone over people’s heads. But, for example, on YouTube it’s a requirement to only keep it to a certain length of time and to fully credit the artist. On Instagram however, it just says in their terms and conditions that it’s a copyright violation if the original person who owns the material is not made aware. It’s a massive grey area for sure, but who knows... these particular incidences may well make it more definitive in terms of whether it is or isn’t a copyright violation.
What’s the difference between using music for Reels like Vic is vs using the music widget thing on Stories vs music used on TikTok? I know the music option isn’t available on IG everywhere though.

Reactions: 3
Brands tend to put all the legal responsibilities on the influencer, and yes most of the times they have to previously show to the brand the content they will release, but with Vic looks like she has free will and she violates regulations all the time she never puts the freaking AD on her youtube videos. As someone said her mistake was leaving gleam in such unprofessional way, so arrogant to think that she was someone in the fashion world and brands would come to her like nothing.

• Heart
Ew. 🤢
His hair is so gross. Has he had work done to his face? He looks so different!
Ever since the hair transplant he's been extra smug. I personally think that he suited being bald. I mean that picture of him reminds me of my mum's cocker spaniel (way more of a cutie than husband-not-brother).

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Ever since the hair transplant he's been extra smug. I personally think that he suited being bald. I mean that picture of him reminds me of my mum's cocker spaniel (way more of a cutie than husband-not-brother).
🤣🤣🤣
I agree, he looked better when he was bald! When I first start watching Vic I thought he was hot, but not now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
"go give the husband some love guys" that sounded weird, and no Vic you are the only desperate needy and pathetic that would want to give love to that highland cow, well no offence to the Highland cow they are the actual cuties.
These "give some love" reminds me when those wannabe bloggers influencer upload stories begging for likes and comments on their photos 🙄

When I first start watching Vic I thought he was ho
This gave me second hand embarrassment 🤣🤣

They must be in a big financial tit if she puts her witch to work and is selling her bags and the poor doggie for new content.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
He looked alright in wedding pics. Definitely suits his hair short or bald. Have they ever referred to/admitted he had hair transplant?

Reactions: 3
He looked alright in wedding pics. Definitely suits his hair short or bald. Have they ever referred to/admitted he had hair transplant?
He did an insta story or insta tv about it maybe a year ago? But he only admitted to it, so he could flog hair crap he was sent that's supposed to keep you from losing hair

Reactions: 7
What’s the difference between using music for Reels like Vic is vs using the music widget thing on Stories vs music used on TikTok? I know the music option isn’t available on IG everywhere though.
Hey! :) so the difference I believe (and please can someone correct me if I’m wrong) but stories has a link with Spotify (or some sort of partnership) so the artists still get royalties in some way. That’s my understanding!

Whereas with reels, they can be pre-filmed using various different songs etc which leads to complications when uploading it, let alone of using it in an advert like we’ve previously discussed.

If I am wrong, and I may well be, can someone please correct me? 😊 I love that everyone on this thread is so knowledgeable and it makes a change from some other threads I’ve seen!

Ew. 🤢
His hair is so gross. Has he had work done to his face? He looks so different!
The highland cow comments had me crying over my dinner, thanks guys 😂 had a tit day at work and this thread really cheers me up!!!

He does look a bit weird, doesn’t he?! Do we think it might be a lil bit of cheeky filler or something? I wouldn’t put it past him. But what makes me absolutely cackle is he now thinks he’s an “influencer”... witch please, WHOOOO is going to buy tit from him?! He rides off his wife’s coattails.

Then again, he probably won’t be able to do that for much longer given how tragic her post gleam life is, and so will probably have to do the normal thing and get a job 🤯 the horror! 🙄

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.