Inthefrow #7 fashion week reject, PR gifts are life, my biggest achievement is being a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I go through phases where she doesn't annoy me so much and I can watch her, but often stop completely for a good few months or more. I think overall she has the potential to be more mindful and intelligent and I'm disappointed when she isn't. As discussed up thread, she basically studied how to be an online influencer (PhD on online commerce) and became one. Her POV on the industry could have been unique but it's almost like the free stuff turned her head completely. Then she posts stuff about feeling guilty about consumerism etc.

Reactions: 11
I think overall she has the potential to be more mindful and intelligent and I'm disappointed when she isn't.
Same. Up until about a year ago I thought she was really smart, savvy and commercially minded. I admired her work ethic, and her insta game was good and inventive. IMO Alex does work well as her photographer, and *some* of the video edits are great (not the cringe reels and tiktoks).

However, lockdown has really uncovered that she's not really that intelligent, is a vapid over consumer and fawns over her husband like a child. All of her sustainability chat is to fit in with the current conversation, not because she believes in it. Where I thought she was commercially minded she's now just completely lacking any integrity in her thirst for money. I feel like you can see her eyes flicker as she tells a lie or makes a sales pitch as she claims yet another thing is her most favourite thing ever. She treats her audience like they're idiots, and sadly they are. The comment section drives me nuts!

Reactions: 23
Anyone remember back in the day when her and joe sugg seemed to have a thing/lot of flirting going on?! Sure I remember it from an old Gleam Halloween Party vlog

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyone remember back in the day when her and joe sugg seemed to have a thing/lot of flirting going on?! Sure I remember it from an old Gleam Halloween Party vlog
I don’t remember that but if you find it somewhere definitely share!! I’ve never been a big fan of Joe compared to Alex he’s a prince 😂

• Haha
Well, in regards to Tamara winning the “game” I’m not sure I agree. If you look at the profits of both companies, Victoria is far more profitable, by a large difference. Fendi, Bulgari, Dior, Dyson, Farfetch or Vestiaire collective... are not mediocre partners.
Tamara is not working with Hermès, if that was the case she would have been invited to the show. She got invited for a re-see just like Carrin Olson or Alexandra Pereira who have zero relationship with the brand, so it is simply not a big of a deal.
Also, how could Vic attend Dior or LV shows if she had to quarantine when back to the UK? She always attend their shows, so why would this time be different? Im all for criticism when it is due, but what you wrote is simply not accurate.
Also, she has been talking about the dog for ages. Specially when staying in Canada with Rebecca, she mentioned she dreamed with a dog, but didn’t want one while still living in a flat.
Hi Victoria, hope you're doing well :)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hi Victoria, hope you're doing well :)
I mean, I give her right in the first (Fendi, Bulgari, Dior, Dyson, Farfetch or Vestiaire collective... are not mediocre partners.) and last point ( she has been talking about the dog for ages). But the rest is speculative.
Tamara has a much more luxurious lifestyle than Vic (and she was able to catch multiple Hermes bags in colours she wanted, she surely paid for them, that is not my point, but she was able to have them sold to her - don't know who actually paid, tho), her closet is much more high-end and curated (whilst Vic has to wear old ladies green Chanel jackets) and she seems much more careless then Vic.
Idc, about how much Hermes bags someone has but Vic wants to be that person and she isn't there yet and maybe never. Vic is constantly shilling some stuff, like her friends FashionJumblr and Kim Jong "Lidl" Millen.

I mean, I give her right in the first (Fendi, Bulgari, Dior, Dyson, Farfetch or Vestiaire collective... are not mediocre partners.) and last point ( she has been talking about the dog for ages). But the rest is speculative.
Tamara has a much more luxurious lifestyle than Vic (and she was able to catch multiple Hermes bags in colours she wanted, she surely paid for them, that is not my point, but she was able to have them sold to her - don't know who actually paid, tho), her closet is much more high-end and curated (whilst Vic has to wear old ladies green Chanel jackets) and she seems much more careless then Vic.
Idc, about how much Hermes bags someone has but Vic wants to be that person and she isn't there yet and maybe never. Vic is constantly shilling some stuff, like her friends FashionJumblr and Kim Jong "Lidl" Millen.
I think with regard to Tamara, the way I'd put it is "all these influencers' lives are 90% smoke and mirrors." But like you say, for sure someone is paying for those Hermes bags. (I think it's the boyfriend.) I have no dog in the race; I just like to goggle at them all from afar. :giggle: :geek:

Reactions: 9
I think with regard to Tamara, the way I'd put it is "all these influencers' lives are 90% smoke and mirrors." But like you say, for sure someone is paying for those Hermes bags. (I think it's the boyfriend.) I have no dog in the race; I just like to goggle at them all from afar. :giggle: :geek:
Her current boyfriend, Filipo Testi (?) pays for her current lifestyle. He works at film, i think. He has the apartment in Palais Royal, the money and the connections. What's not to love?

If only Victoria was smart enough to use her PhD to lecture and find a sugar daddy to fund her lifestyle. Then she'll be set for life.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tamara has a much more luxurious lifestyle than Vic (and she was able to catch multiple Hermes bags in colours she wanted, she surely paid for them, that is not my point, but she was able to have them sold to her
Having that "in" into buying Hermes direct seems to be the most prestigious thing of all as it takes years of building rapport / showing purchase power with the team and sales advisors. I don't really know anything about Tamara but I was impressed by that. I guess all of these influencers can afford a one off Hermes bag via resale , but not the lifestyle which lands them the direct sale.

I knew she’d have another reel ad coming for Adobes conference but I wish it yet again didn’t come with copyright infringement.

She and Alex really think everything is theirs for the taking.

I like Tamara's hermes collection. Victoria's navy Kelly is tragic in comparison. Not that I want a bag from Hermes but I wouldn't pick a navy kelly as my one and only hermes bag under any circumstances. But beggars can't be choosers!

Reactions: 13
She comes across as so smug and self-righteous when she publicly pats herself on the back.

Obviously trying to make herself feel better for her lack of fashion week invites, luxury sponsorships and successful jewelry collab 😂

can someone please tell me if I’m right or wrong??? Like I know she is only using short clips BUT since this is a paid partnership and she’s making money off the back of these artists (indirectly)... doesn’t she need to give them credit/pay royalties???
I think you’re correct. On tik tok it’s essentially already paid for by the platform. Hence why they can advertise on that platform. However. I can’t imagine the same can be said for Instagram as the music isn’t something in their catalogue that’s already been paid for. If that makes sense.
The entire influencer area needs to be cleaned up. She should know if she wouldn’t use the song in a Youtube video the same should be said with Instagram unless she seeks permission and pays.

Reactions: 12
I think you’re correct. On tik tok it’s essentially already paid for by the platform. Hence why they can advertise on that platform. However. I can’t imagine the same can be said for Instagram as the music isn’t something in their catalogue that’s already been paid for. If that makes sense.
The entire influencer area needs to be cleaned up. She should know if she wouldn’t use the song in a Youtube video the same should be said with Instagram unless she seeks permission and pays.
That’s exactly what I thought - thank you! It’s like if you were playing music in a pub/restaurant - you need a license. If you’re using music for an advertisement- you need a license or permission to use a certain portion of the song. There’s a grey area here because she clearly is using Beyoncé, her image AND her song to promote a product which she is getting paid for (and will no doubt make any cash on any sales she makes. Doubt she will but still important).

Can we also talk about how conceited she is by even trying to act like Beyoncé? witch please, she wishes she even had an ounce of her talent. As for the people praising her for “originality and creativity”... hasn’t this been happening for years on Tiktok?! It’s old hat. Typical little InTheNoRow - she always cottons on to late trends. Shame that no reputable brands actually want to partner with her anymore, not.

That’s exactly what I thought - thank you! It’s like if you were playing music in a pub/restaurant - you need a license. If you’re using music for an advertisement- you need a license or permission to use a certain portion of the song. There’s a grey area here because she clearly is using Beyoncé, her image AND her song to promote a product which she is getting paid for (and will no doubt make any cash on any sales she makes. Doubt she will but still important).

Can we also talk about how conceited she is by even trying to act like Beyoncé? witch please, she wishes she even had an ounce of her talent. As for the people praising her for “originality and creativity”... hasn’t this been happening for years on Tiktok?! It’s old hat. Typical little InTheNoRow - she always cottons on to late trends. Shame that no reputable brands actually want to partner with her anymore, not.
If she did not leave Gleam, then she is able to get paid and get freebies, two things she is clearly desperate about.

Reactions: 6
Can’t believe so many people are praising that coach ad with the Beyoncé lip syncing. Makes me cringe so much. Why is creativity now singing and changing some outfits?! I don’t get it

Reactions: 12
I’m sorry but having to be the model for 2 campaigns is not busy. She does not know what busy is. I’ve worked from 7.30 to 12 every day last week. No breaks. I’m not even the busiest in my team and I’m working those hours. Yet all her comments praise her for this.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.