Inthefrow #6 cases may be rising but Vic’s PR trips still need organising!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I HOPE SHES GETTING A BAG FROM HERMES!!!! Because Leonie got her first last week, I’d love it if Amelia got one too, just to spite Vic. Would be even better if it was yellow 😂😂
That second picture is terrifying! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if Hermes mind that all these awful trashy “influencers” are destroying their heritage?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I wonder if Hermes mind that all these awful trashy “influencers” are destroying their heritage?
Yes why ruin their reputation and mystique now, when they've manage for so long (I don't think Corona hurt them that much but could be wrong)?

Yes why ruin their reputation and mystique now, when they've manage for so long (I don't think Corona hurt them that much but could be wrong)?
I read an article on WWD I believe that their sales haven‘t been hurt and they’ve had a surge of customers when the boutiques reopened.

I love Hermès. 🥰

I’ve always thought the clash between her photos and copy subject on the blog has been ridiculous but this takes things to new heights.

She can’t see beyond her vanity to realize that this is an insulting way to market Bottega Veneta and Dior. Kudos Bulgari on hiring an ambassador who promotes you besides photos of her with a Fendi bag. Well done!

That‘s you get for hiring a Narcissistic influencer - someone whose first love is herself before anything else.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I read an article on WWD I believe that their sales haven‘t been hurt and they’ve had a surge of customers when the boutiques reopened.

I love Hermès. 🥰

I’ve always thought the clash between her photos and copy subject on the blog has been ridiculous but this takes things to new heights.

She can’t see beyond her vanity to realize that this is an insulting way to market Bottega Veneta and Dior. Kudos Bulgari on hiring an ambassador who promotes you besides photos of her with a Fendi bag. Well done!

That‘s you get for hiring a Narcissistic influencer - someone whose first love is herself before anything else.
This might be her attempt at branded content—basically incorporating her Fendi job (hence all the photos being Fendi) with other content that’s meant to deliver value to the reader. In my work, when a brand comes to us with a product they want to promote, we come up with the creative to pitch to them. It might be something like ‘five ways to style a bright coloured bag’ or an article about personalising/customising a luxury investment piece. Unfortunately, she’s not creative enough to come up with a concept that doesn’t involve advertising the brand’s direct competitors.

I’m honestly so confused by some of her posts, mostly because I have NO IDEA whether they’re sponsored or not. If this post wasn’t sponsored by Fendi, then it doesn’t make sense that she doesn’t show photos of the other bags mentioned. If it is sponsored by Fendi, then why is she mentioning these other brands?!

Hey Vic, I wrote a thesis too. About branded content, actually. Best practice suggests you be as transparent as possible to maximise the benefits of branded content. Otherwise your own deception will work against you and undermine credibility and trust in all future you do. People have been advertised to all their lives and we’re not stupid; we know what ads look like, and we’d respect you more if you didn’t treat us like idiots. If you insist on treating us like fools, then I must insist you at least follow the law.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

I love Hermès. 🥰
What else are rich people going to do if they can’t spend their money on 5* traveling?! Because actual rich people spend their own money on vacays.

Haha I’m rocking my Orans today and considering spending a stupid amount on Hermes lipstick 🙄

This might be her attempt at branded content—basically incorporating her Fendi job (hence all the photos being Fendi) with other content that’s meant to deliver value to the reader. In my work, when a brand comes to us with a product they want to promote, we come up with the creative to pitch to them. It might be something like ‘five ways to style a bright coloured bag’ or an article about personalising/customising a luxury investment piece. Unfortunately, she’s not creative enough to come up with a concept that doesn’t involve advertising the brand’s direct competitors.

I’m honestly so confused by some of her posts, mostly because I have NO IDEA whether they’re sponsored or not. If this post wasn’t sponsored by Fendi, then it doesn’t make sense that she doesn’t show photos of the other bags mentioned. If it is sponsored by Fendi, then why is she mentioning these other brands?!

Hey Vic, I wrote a thesis too. About branded content, actually. Best practice suggests you be as transparent as possible to maximise the benefits of branded content. Otherwise your own deception will work against you and undermine credibility and trust in all future you do. People have been advertised to all their lives and we’re not stupid; we know what ads look like, and we’d respect you more if you didn’t treat us like idiots. If you insist on treating us like fools, then I must insist you at least follow the law.
It also makes no sense because pretty sure all the bags mentioned were gifted. So maybe that’s why she didn’t have photos of her wearing each? Then she’d have to disclose that that they were all #gifted #ad #cantpayforherownshit

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

Exactly. That’s why I am confused. As a brand director I get branded content and kind of resent being talked down to like don’t, but this is just bizarre.

She has photos of herself (as alway) with the other brands’ purses. Why not include them?

Whether I was Fendi, Dior, Bulgari or Louis Vuitton this post would tick me off. And it would be more valuable to the reader if she showed herself with the other bags for comparison instead of just talking about her having them in her closet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20

Blast from the past
I have just now realized how much her face has changed

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 205884
Blast from the past
I have just now realized how much her face has changed
View attachment 205883
And now they avoid each other like we avoid Corona. Vic's probably sooooo jealous because Tamara found herself a rich sugar daddy in Paris, who lives in Palais royal. Tamara has increased her Hermes collection significantly. Tamara can afford to go shopping every day, and has "influencer friends". Maybe she regrets staying with that brother boy she calls a husband. Maybe she's angry that she could obviously find a sugar daddy, but got the free French wedding that never went viral.

Oh, I don't think Hermes will be cheapening their quality, as the boutiques were "full" when my mother and I went recently. Hermes in my country requires appointments here to be safe.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Cue Vic, the cellulite crusader. You know what‘s damaging Vic? You are skinny and white. Clothing, experiences, society all cater to women with bodies like yours. Normalizing cellulite is great. Good for you. But please do not co-opt the body positivity movement to make your newest social awareness known. Use your platform to advocate for plus model inclusion, expanded sizing, equity within the brands you work with. The body positivity movement was started by fat black women and all these skinny white influencers are using it to gain sympathy and support for their perceived flaws when society treats them just fine (even when they sit funny and you see a roll). I’m sorry, but this is really personal and triggering.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Cue Vic, the cellulite crusader. You know what‘s damaging Vic? You are skinny and white. Clothing, experiences, society all cater to women with bodies like yours. Normalizing cellulite is great. Good for you. But please do not co-opt the body positivity movement to make your newest social awareness known. Use your platform to advocate for plus model inclusion, expanded sizing, equity within the brands you work with. The body positivity movement was started by fat black women and all these skinny white influencers are using it to gain sympathy and support for their perceived flaws when society treats them just fine (even when they sit funny and you see a roll). I’m sorry, but this is really personal and triggering.
*hugs you* Every word you said is true! ♥

• Heart
I completely agree! So sorry this is so triggering for you *hugs*

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I completely agree! So sorry this is so triggering for you *hugs*
🥰

I think I’m just tired of influencers co-opting spaces and centering themselves instead of using their platforms to advocate for the people who are actually living experiences where they are treated differently, abused, looked down upon because they’re in bodies that society doesn’t consider human. Vic will never know what it feels like to get on a plane and not fit into a seat or have a doctor who doesn’t take her pain seriously...because of her cellulite.

I work out regularly, I eat well, and a lot of brands don’t make my size. But when Vic says that she needs to work out because she had some pasta or poses in a bikini with a flat stomach while talking about how bloated she was, that’s anti-fatness and ableist. It’s celebrated when women who look like her publicly “accept“ their bodies, but fat women are demonized or told to lose weight if they try to accept theirs. She’s just as much a part of the problem, but doesn’t seem to realize it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm posting this here if some of you are blocked by her squelness:

Screenshot_20200809-170821_Instagram.jpg

Not getting enough views Vic? Maybe it’s because you are getting less and not bothering to watch due to your BEHAVIOR? 🤨
Missed what? It can't be her lips that's for sure!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.