Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmaliaLana

VIP Member
Recap/tl;dr
Her latest achievements:

- created much needed presets, worked three years on them
- bought vintage Hermes Kelly and green granny Chanel blazer
- Bulgari ambassador
- supports tourism without actually spending money on, you guessed it, tourism
- COVID? Who is she? Travels around Europe like there is no tomorrow.
- BLM? Again, who is she?
- Stopped buying handbags but it seems there is a breeding station for handbags in her dressing room since their amount increased exponentially
- doesn't need to disclose every ad she posts (at least she thinks so)
- neither inthefrow nowadays nor inthegrow
- husband poses as Luther from Umbrella academy in a sunflower field
- bought a Range Rover after lamenting about e-cars
- but babes, most importantly, we are jealous of her (at least she thinks so) the self-proclaimed fashion creator with no sense for fashion nowadays.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Can someone please do a recap of the last thread?
This should be included with ever new thread if possible!
Thank you.

Thread title suggestion by @lhb120 and @slugella
Wowk and Crossmoprolitan

EXACTLY. As a member of press for 10 years this was so uncomfortable to read. Also, MANY journalists have to write about places even when theyre not invited (let alone with their husbands) on 5* experiences. She wouldn’t be caught dead doing real press work without return. Who does she think she is? I have never posted on here but had to come on here to comment. I’ve also messaged her about it reminding her that she is NOT a member of the press and should pull her entitlement and brattiness out of her ass. Honestly, how she thinks anyone can render her attitude endearing is beyond me. I’m usually such a calm natured, live and let live, kind of person, but this sent me over the edge.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Cue Vic, the cellulite crusader. You know what‘s damaging Vic? You are skinny and white. Clothing, experiences, society all cater to women with bodies like yours. Normalizing cellulite is great. Good for you. But please do not co-opt the body positivity movement to make your newest social awareness known. Use your platform to advocate for plus model inclusion, expanded sizing, equity within the brands you work with. The body positivity movement was started by fat black women and all these skinny white influencers are using it to gain sympathy and support for their perceived flaws when society treats them just fine (even when they sit funny and you see a roll). I’m sorry, but this is really personal and triggering.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

slugella

VIP Member
This girl is unreal. I'm not jealous in the slightest her life is hollow and once all the free shit shrivels she's gonna be bored and lonely in an unhappy relationship living in the middle of nowhere with no friends.

But she makes me so angry! Accepting free trips is so disgusting. And then deleting and blocking so she can't be held accountable. I live in England and all of my family are in Wales so I haven't seen them since Feb due to covid. And she's flying off to take beggy selfies in the middle of a pandemic and take advantage of freebies from struggling businesses? How does she actually sleep at night after all her hypocritical, self centred and selfish behaviour.

Also no offence if people do this but the types of comments she gets from people who don't know her make me cringe so hard. I never comment on peoples posts that I don't know unless it's a personal post from a genuine person (usually people like small business owners that have a bit of a following, not beggy influencers) that touched me and I want to send support.

Also, PLEASE if you are reading this and still follow her unfollow! her following is how she gets all this free stuff, let's all unfollow and can still nosey on the crap she posts for pure entertainment purposes.

And thanks for the title update! I won't take any credit it was all @lhb120 :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
At. Leasssst. Amelia Liana travelled with her own money and is giving back to the economies she’s visiting. I’d also be curious to understand what journalism exactly Victoria lends to these places she visited? How many rooms does Monastero Santa Rosa have? Their facilities? Amenities? What about their staff? What are they like? What does a menu look like outside of the 2 pasta dishes she lives on, as, regrettably, Italy doesn’t swathe everything in her basic beloved avocado paste? I know I’m giving her ideas here about how to ACTUALLY promote a hotel, but I’m in two minds about writing to the owner, to tell them to fire the PR company that sends her here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Emmapism

VIP Member
I don't want to derail the thread but can we all pause for a moment to acknowledge the white audacity of the statement 'BLM started out as a good cause'

It still is a 'good cause'. Black Lives MATTER. Watch the vast majority of the peaceful protests. Fuck it watch the violent ones. People are angry and they have a goddamn right to be. SMDH.

I agree I've no objection to Vic posting things but practice what you preach girl. On the latest Italy trip, where were the black influencers? Was there any diversity at all? Did you raise it? Or did you just accept another free trip?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Well, she’s watching The Social Dilemma and feels seen during the part about talking about likes and how that’s affecting mental health. Does she not realize that she’s part of the problem?! Her entire business model is based on social media and selling consumers the lifestyle they could be living if only they shop through her affliate links. She uses the mechanisms discussed throughout the entire doc to her monetary and personal advantage. Not to mention, influencers are basically just another arm of brands trying to woo us through the user-as-product paradigm.

I haven’t seen a single full-time influencer watch the doc and say “whoa, I’m contributing to this. Maybe I need to quit while I’m ahead.”
I've seen her in a totally different light too since she admitted in that last vlog that she was sending the vast majority back. I'm probably part of Vic's target audience. I'm 29, a home owner, no kids, earn pretty good money, and can spend the majority of what I earn on me.

Here she is being paid to convince me to spend money with all of her personal recommendations in the middle of a pandemic... Her and all the others. We are bombarded with their crap on insta, on YouTube, on twitter constantly... Persuaded, convinced we need to consume consume consume to have status, to keep up. Even when you talk yourself out of a purchase or 10, another ad pops up in some form which gets you later on. People are getting into serious debt over this stuff, feeling like they arent good enough because they can't afford to keep up.

And the reality of it. She's making all these "personal" recommendations about her favs... Most of which she has never worn and are fresh out of the boxes. Half of these are given to her for free, the other half she's sending back.

Oh and don't forget, she then goes on to sell the free stuff on depop or vestaire collective too...

This is on top of a salary probably 10 times what I earn. And I am pretty comfortable.

It's made me feel physically sick tonight. The gluttony, the greed. The irresponsibility. Really has dawned on me how shallow and unethical they all are.

I love debriefing on tattle, but it's making me want to stop even hate watching them, for both my own mental health and to stop supporting yet another one of their revenue streams through the adsense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Cloak

VIP Member
E6A3894E-EF2A-403E-95B4-B64857090B37.jpeg

1. I make a shit ton of money selling crap through it
2. It allows me to indulge my incredible narcissism
3. Without it I would realise my life is a hollow empty void

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

poopettemetis

VIP Member
LOL.

“This is what I ACTUALLY look like...” with a filter, some skin softening and prettier colors. HAHA OKAY JAN.

8E45808D-D339-4D16-B8FD-8747F6AD2B5F.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

langwidere

I read an article on WWD I believe that their sales haven‘t been hurt and they’ve had a surge of customers when the boutiques reopened.

I love Hermès. 🥰

I’ve always thought the clash between her photos and copy subject on the blog has been ridiculous but this takes things to new heights.

She can’t see beyond her vanity to realize that this is an insulting way to market Bottega Veneta and Dior. Kudos Bulgari on hiring an ambassador who promotes you besides photos of her with a Fendi bag. Well done!

That‘s you get for hiring a Narcissistic influencer - someone whose first love is herself before anything else.
This might be her attempt at branded content—basically incorporating her Fendi job (hence all the photos being Fendi) with other content that’s meant to deliver value to the reader. In my work, when a brand comes to us with a product they want to promote, we come up with the creative to pitch to them. It might be something like ‘five ways to style a bright coloured bag’ or an article about personalising/customising a luxury investment piece. Unfortunately, she’s not creative enough to come up with a concept that doesn’t involve advertising the brand’s direct competitors.

I’m honestly so confused by some of her posts, mostly because I have NO IDEA whether they’re sponsored or not. If this post wasn’t sponsored by Fendi, then it doesn’t make sense that she doesn’t show photos of the other bags mentioned. If it is sponsored by Fendi, then why is she mentioning these other brands?!

Hey Vic, I wrote a thesis too. About branded content, actually. Best practice suggests you be as transparent as possible to maximise the benefits of branded content. Otherwise your own deception will work against you and undermine credibility and trust in all future you do. People have been advertised to all their lives and we’re not stupid; we know what ads look like, and we’d respect you more if you didn’t treat us like idiots. If you insist on treating us like fools, then I must insist you at least follow the law.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
She needs to stfu about ANIMAL CONSUMPTIONS. F off, when you can literally open a farm in your walk in closet. You are a mini slaughterhouse yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Cloak

VIP Member
He looks so weird with hair! They are such a mismatched couple. His whole aesthetic is so teenage boy and hers is mid 40s woman, it makes no sense

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I completely agree! So sorry this is so triggering for you *hugs*
🥰

I think I’m just tired of influencers co-opting spaces and centering themselves instead of using their platforms to advocate for the people who are actually living experiences where they are treated differently, abused, looked down upon because they’re in bodies that society doesn’t consider human. Vic will never know what it feels like to get on a plane and not fit into a seat or have a doctor who doesn’t take her pain seriously...because of her cellulite.

I work out regularly, I eat well, and a lot of brands don’t make my size. But when Vic says that she needs to work out because she had some pasta or poses in a bikini with a flat stomach while talking about how bloated she was, that’s anti-fatness and ableist. It’s celebrated when women who look like her publicly “accept“ their bodies, but fat women are demonized or told to lose weight if they try to accept theirs. She’s just as much a part of the problem, but doesn’t seem to realize it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31