InTheFrow #17 Husband and Baby in toe, no one's interested in the bras you show!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Won’t be surprised if this new car has been kindly gifted. All that work for Range Rover and no discounted EV?!?

Black tie is for weddings and the royals. There’s no reason to expect your guests to show up in full tuxes and gowns for your DEANSHANGER event. PLEASE get over yourself, Vic.
Imagine the panic if you don’t have a gown or tuxedo! Or feel uncomfortable in attire that formal!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I mean she
Won’t be surprised if this new car has been kindly gifted. All that work for Range Rover and no discounted EV?!?

Black tie is for weddings and the royals. There’s no reason to expect your guests to show up in full tuxes and gowns for your DEANSHANGER event. PLEASE get over yourself, Vic.
homegirl thinks that Deanshanger is her very own Windsor castle!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Imagine the panic if you don’t have a gown or tuxedo! Or feel uncomfortable in attire that formal!
I’m sure sustainable Vic picked the theme cause she has lots of outfits already in her wardrobe she can wear, right? She’s not going to buy new clothes just for the one night.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sure sustainable Vic picked the theme cause she has lots of outfits already in her wardrobe she can wear, right? She’s not going to buy new clothes just for the one night.
I mean... She didn't BUY a new outfit. She has a new outfit, she definitely didn't BUY it. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm lolling at her black tie Christmas do in her house. Obviously being influencer has opened her eyes to a whole new world outside of Wigan, it feels like she wants more bougie friends. I bet you she would kill to have what Amelia has.

Reactions: 13
She just has no concept of reality. I mean fair enough dress up a bit, when I do NYE with my friends we do put dresses on for dinner and a drunken boogie in someone's lounge but it's certainly not verging on even cocktail dresses, let alone black tie, more like a nice going out for dinner dress but no shoes or anything let alone heels. I don't know many people with black tie in the wardrobe. Me and my husband work in jobs where we have to go to work functions and neither of us have proper black tie stuff. We'd have to buy or hire something which given that her friends aren't anywhere near as well off as Vic is a big imposition at an expensive time of year and in the middle of a cost of living crisis. I'd be politely declining.

Reactions: 12
I am of the unpopular opinion that every man should own a tuxedo. For a man who generally maintains weight, the upfront cost doesn’t even come close to outweighing the expenditure of renting (when buying a like for like tux as to what you’d get in the rental shop). Unless you live in a truly casual environment, i posit that most men will have the opportunity to wear their classic tuxedo twice, which will break even the cost (their wedding and a wedding in which they are the best man). Admittedly where this goes left is if the wedding party clothes don’t call for a classic tux.

In short, I’m telling men to maintain weight and calm down on fashion hype at formal events. It’ll be the best investment you make.

As women we are sold another bill of goods with needing to wear something new at every event, but we can throw off this patriarchy as well. A well made demure silk slim gown, cocktail, or tea length dress will always work for black tie. One can accessorize it to more appropriately reflect a theme.

Also, Vic’s Nadine Merabi’s with maybe one exception are squarely cocktail or festive semi-formal. They are not black tie. And the beading on that suit is atrocious. I feel like I’m at a glam rodeo.

• Haha
Exactly. She made an announcement of the car, it’s the video thumbnail and the announcement only appear in the last 5 min of a 40min vlog, fking waste of time over telling us nothing cos car isnt even the garage yet.
She prolly got the sports car for her son cos he passed his driving past yr. Lol.

Did you all catch the part (not sure which vid) abt how she wanted a white tie or black tie themed christmas party for friends in her house? And she said cos most of her friends are full of tattoos etc (implying they dont usually dress formal?)
Anyway the way she talked about the party theme was just so pretentious.

Quoting myself here but just realised the whole black tie dress code thing was already brought up in earlier posting! Opps! Just properly catching up! 😘

Reactions: 5
I am of the unpopular opinion that every man should own a tuxedo. For a man who generally maintains weight, the upfront cost doesn’t even come close to outweighing the expenditure of renting (when buying a like for like tux as to what you’d get in the rental shop). Unless you live in a truly casual environment, i posit that most men will have the opportunity to wear their classic tuxedo twice, which will break even the cost (their wedding and a wedding in which they are the best man). Admittedly where this goes left is if the wedding party clothes don’t call for a classic tux.

In short, I’m telling men to maintain weight and calm down on fashion hype at formal events. It’ll be the best investment you make.

As women we are sold another bill of goods with needing to wear something new at every event, but we can throw off this patriarchy as well. A well made demure silk slim gown, cocktail, or tea length dress will always work for black tie. One can accessorize it to more appropriately reflect a theme.

Also, Vic’s Nadine Merabi’s with maybe one exception are squarely cocktail or festive semi-formal. They are not black tie. And the beading on that suit is atrocious. I feel like I’m at a glam rodeo.
Are you in the US or UK? I've never been at a wedding in the UK where a man (groom or wedding party) has worn a tuxedo. It's either a regular suit or a morning suit with tails. If you move in a circle who do attend black tie events regularly then great, most people will likely have one, but asking your friends who are tattooists and others in regular jobs with likely regular wardrobes to dress up not for a wedding or other event but to hang out in your lounge is obnoxious (if even one friend has to buy or rent something for an evening at home then that's enough to tell you it's a bad idea in my view).

Reactions: 19
Are you in the US or UK? I've never been at a wedding in the UK where a man (groom or wedding party) has worn a tuxedo. It's either a regular suit or a morning suit with tails. If you move in a circle who do attend black tie events regularly then great, most people will likely have one, but asking your friends who are tattooists and others in regular jobs with likely regular wardrobes to dress up not for a wedding or other event but to hang out in your lounge is obnoxious (if even one friend has to buy or rent something for an evening at home then that's enough to tell you it's a bad idea in my view).
I totally agree. To demand black tie, you as the host have to meet certain criteria IMO. I would expect a fancy venue, car valet, multi course plated meal, white gloves waiters, open bar, live band, extravagant decor. You can’t demand black tie from your guests and not give a black tie experience from your end, it’s very rude.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I thought it was crappy that she said suzie has the gold jumpsuit but she wanted to try it and told suzie she was ordering it and suzie said she would wear something else if vic wanted to wear it. She should have told suzie that she could wear it as she had it first!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I thought it was crappy that she said suzie has the gold jumpsuit but she wanted to try it and told suzie she was ordering it and suzie said she would wear something else if vic wanted to wear it. She should have told suzie that she could wear it as she had it first!
Vic strikes me as very jealous but candy coats it with her saccharine personality. She believes she’s the boss of that friend group as the “most successful” and the one with most expensive stuff so if someone has something she wants, well off with their heads.

Reactions: 14
100% in the US where tux’s for the wedding party are still at about 50%+ so it makes sense financially. She have to know her audience though. She should have said wear your best fancy attire and left it at that. A suit is fine. She also MAY not know what black (or white) tie even is given that she’s wearing that monstrosity.

In the UK, we don't do black tie/tuxedos for weddings. I think any man turning up in one would have the piss mercilessly taken! :D

I love black tie, and I agree, requesting black tie from your guest either be a wedding or dinner party. You as a host need to put in the effort to provide the right environment and atmosphere to fulfil that transaction.
I will be seething if she thinks a gold jumpsuit is black tie criteria.

I totally agree. To demand black tie, you as the host have to meet certain criteria IMO. I would expect a fancy venue, car valet, multi course plated meal, white gloves waiters, open bar, live band, extravagant decor. You can’t demand black tie from your guests and not give a black tie experience from your end, it’s very rude.
I think like how piece-meal and sloppy she is, Vic only cares abt the attire part of black tie and not much else. She prolly thinks she is the host she can do it any way she wants & calls it black tie 😂😂

Reactions: 6
I hope some of her friends at the NYE party decline being filmed or shared on her social media. I couldn’t relax knowing my influencer friend could share me to thousands??

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.