Interior Design masters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s only 2 episodes in but I feel like this series is the worst by far.
Designing the Hebrides (Banjo's show) is back later in the year if you enjoyed that. I did, very much. Lovely soothing TV with nice people and not stretched out to an hour when it filled half an hour perfectly.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I was thinking this series is shaping up to be pretty good. Especially compared to last year's.

Reactions: 10
Designing the Hebrides (Banjo's show) is back later in the year if you enjoyed that. I did, very much. Lovely soothing TV with nice people and not stretched out to an hour when it filled half an hour perfectly.
The Hebrides are stunning too

Reactions: 3
Just caught up Yeah the India room was shocking but to be fair the Madagascar room wasmt much better 🤣

Reactions: 5
i've met one of the trades on the show in the past year and they film from june to august i think? so around 8 weeks, one project / episode a week iirc. i'm assuming they get the brief and a week to plan / buy etc, even the roles this week needed to be decided in advance so they could source the right stuff. agree the consensus with last nigths ep the group country reveal was filmed after the makeovers were done too

Reactions: 5
i've met one of the trades on the show in the past year and they film from june to august i think? so around 8 weeks, one project / episode a week iirc. i'm assuming they get the brief and a week to plan / buy etc, even the roles this week needed to be decided in advance so they could source the right stuff. agree the consensus with last nigths ep the group country reveal was filmed after the makeovers were done too
Yeh they deffo get time to plan and prep in between, kinda wish we got to see some bits of that!

Reactions: 6
Yeh they deffo get time to plan and prep in between, kinda wish we got to see some bits of that!
same, a bit like @JulesC said too i think it would benefit from some sort of spin off (danny beard's aftershave for druk comes to mind) where they show if the afters are still standing, and maybe some of the process of sourcing items too. assuming they're either put up in brighton or near to site for that week, it wouldn't be too hard to have them all sit together for a few hours and 'work' on sketchup models, mood boards, facebook marketplace browsing etc.

youtube might actually suit it better, have them all do a bts vlog of their week and upload them between episodes!

Reactions: 8
One of the trades, the black guy with the long hair, he is the resident tradesman on Stacey Solomon’s Sort Your Life Out. He has a speaking part on that.

The good looking builder from previous series has gone. He was a bit too thirsty to build up his part (always wore an orange T-shirt, pr To stand out). Still, he was nice to look at.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One of the trades, the black guy with the long hair, he is the resident tradesman on Stacey Solomon’s Sort Your Life Out. He has a speaking part on that.

The good looking builder from previous series has gone. He was a bit too thirsty to build up his part (always wore an orange T-shirt, pr To stand out). Still, he was nice to look at.
Do you mean the guy who calls himself the tv carpenter on Instagram? I may or may not follow him because I saw him on this and thought he was hot 🤣 I agree he is thirsty though.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Do you mean the guy who calls himself the tv carpenter on Instagram? I may or may not follow him because I saw him on this and thought he was hot 🤣 I agree he is thirsty though.
Yes, just looked at him on Instagram. He says on his bio he works on a few other shows. Presumably one where he can speak.

Reactions: 3
That Brazil room is one of the best rooms I've seen on this show in terms of actually meeting their brief - I thought it was going to look crap at the start with all the exposed chipboard but it was amazing. But yeah, the amount of work Donal put in before had with his prints made a huge difference.

That India room though - lots of issues but I cannot get over how bad those posters were?

Reactions: 23
I didn't want to come on here until I saw the episode but my first thought at the beginning was...

THAT IS ROB FROM SYLO

I love him and he's so creative and talented, feels like he would have way better ideas than the designers on the show, weird to see him in a 'bit part' role

Reactions: 4
That Brazil room is one of the best rooms I've seen on this show in terms of actually meeting their brief - I thought it was going to look crap at the start with all the exposed chipboard but it was amazing. But yeah, the amount of work Donal put in before had with his prints made a huge difference.

That India room though - lots of issues but I cannot get over how bad those posters were?
The posters looked like they'd been written by a GP. Roisin's animals were shocking too.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Last week I really liked Matt's design, even though it's not my style. I liked Roisin's, too, I'm big into fancy wallpaper and bold colours, and I did like some of the Spanish guy's design, although having seen his niece's room in the VTs this week it looks like he just transplanted that into the challenge room.

I thought the painting in the Madagascar room was shocking - those leaves that draped down on to the walls...yikes. I didn't like the babyish text they'd put on the walls, either. The India room was awful and the boat concept was rubbish. The Spanish guy got on my nerves this week. I'm not a fan of the ginger guy or Francesca, either.

I understand where Michelle was coming from, telling Ash she needed to get on board with the concept in a group activity, but the concept was rubbish and both judges said it didn't work, so...I don't know.

I can't stand Michelle. She's so bland and wishy washy. I'm sad that they wasted Sophie Robinson on this challenge, too!!

Reactions: 12
I can't believe how bad the India room was. When they introduced the countries, I thought India seemed like the easiest to get right. They could've used The Jungle Book as inspiration with nods to Indian colours/fabrics on the walls and upholstery.

Why was the Spanish pinny guy so overconfident, even after seeing the other rooms?!

Why was Ash acting like the sofa was the boardroom from The Apprentice and throwing the others under the bus?

Reactions: 19