Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Francesca is Carol from Last Man on Earth. Hannah is Liv from Made in Chelsea. I wouldn’t have paid to stay in any of those rooms but I liked the texture one best.

Reactions: 4
I think this was a difficult challenge to do well in, partly because it was applying your signature style to a very small space which might feel overwhelming. Plus the first week nerves of probably throwing too much at it.

I wonder how much they were judging the success of the room vs. the success of representing their signature style. As I said before practicalities of how the room will be eventually used were flagged at the start but not mentioned in the review.

Reactions: 8
What always gets me is how poor the finish is. The painting never has much finesse and always looks like it needs another coat. The upholstery is often bumpy and wonky. It seems to constantly suffer from over big ambitions compared to the actual available time.

Reactions: 15
What always gets me is how poor the finish is. The painting never has much finesse and always looks like it needs another coat. The upholstery is often bumpy and wonky. It seems to constantly suffer from over big ambitions compared to the actual available time.
Yes, that is one of my main problems with it. I get that if you're someone who loves lots of different textures, colours, fabrics etc. you'll want to upholster 5 different things in 10 different ways and paint 20 colours on the walls, whatever, but equally there's a lot to be said for the ability to rein in a design. If you know you have 2 8 hour days and it takes you 3 hours to upholster one chair, don't commit to upholstering 5 chairs and all the rest of the work you'll need to do.

Reactions: 9
I really don’t like Michelle, I haven't warmed to her at all. Love the guest judge designers but why is Sophie E-B going to be a judge this series? Andy Pandy needs to go but I think texture guy could go far.

Reactions: 12
I follow that Hannah Drakeford on Instagram for a while now. She seems to have taken it badly that she was in the bottom and was told she has no signature style. I'm guessing she's not going to win because she keeps moaning about it. I predict that those with a strong style will struggle to tone it down if they get a challenge that doesn't match their style.

Reactions: 6
I follow that Hannah Drakeford on Instagram for a while now. She seems to have taken it badly that she was in the bottom and was told she has no signature style. I'm guessing she's not going to win because she keeps moaning about it. I predict that those with a strong style will struggle to tone it down if they get a challenge that doesn't match their style.
i had a look on her ig once the contestants were announced, and immediately thought her signature style was monochrome with pops of colour. if she'd have done a black dropped ceiling (or that wallpaper from her vt) with white on most of the walls, orange circles and wardrobe or bed it would've been a lot better imo and definitely matched her usual style.

part of being an interior designer is putting aside your likes and looking objectively at what works for the space/client. although this challenge was signature style, they need to prioritise with time and budget constraints and it seems the ones who can't are the one's who end up on the sofa

Reactions: 9
That Donal guy is very talented. He’s pretty much done the whole room!

Reactions: 17
Matt is far and away the best in my view, seems both a nice guy and very talented and skilled designer.

India room was awful, and although technically there are lions in India, I didn't think it was the most logical animal to put on the wall

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.