Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree. The others who ended up on the sofa didn’t deserve to go home anyway. I always wonder if the client doesn’t like it, does the tv show have to change it for them. There must be something in the contract about that.
I think Charlotte’s was very underwhelming. I think even if that tree had been a bigger space for more than one child to be in. That mixed with Tom’s would have been lovely. I couldn’t get over the choice of Buse’s colour palate and that sand area was a nightmare.
I hope they would fix it. That is the worst I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t get over how bad even just the finish was

Reactions: 9
I imagine the production company will pay to return the room to the ‘before’ state as part of the contract if the client doesn’t like the design, or pay to rectify errors: things that are unfinished or dangerous/unsafe.

Agree the right person went, her space looked like someone had done a dirty protest on the walls and the pile of sand on the floor with random stumps of wood was so impractical.

Have to say I also thought the bubble machine was impractical - the residue on the floor from the bubbles would make the floor slippery and having it mounted so high up would make topping it up difficult.

I loved Jack’s design and if my home had higher ceilings I would definitely be stealing it for my baby’s nursery.

Reactions: 10
I think Jack could be the winner. For someone so young he seems to have a confidence about his style and has an eye for design not just decorating

Reactions: 14
I didn't think the one to go was quite so obvious. At least she actually took a risk and did things (as awful as the result was). Compared to the woman who built a tree in a corner and a desk, and that's it. If anything both should have gone.

I agree Jacks design was lovely and if he keeps this up he could make the final

Reactions: 3
That lady with the tree and the song (shoehorned that in, obviously wants to get known for that talent too) is beyond smug. Her design was lazy. I like young Jack. He is assured but not in your face like a lot of guys of his age. He looks like a little cherub. His house is amazing. Wonder how he managed that. He mentions a boyfriend, I am wondering if that is where the wealth comes from.
---
Edit to add this. He is a friend of Banjo.

Reactions: 7
I agree about Jack - he seems to be very talented and has already mastered getting the brief right but still putting his own stamp on his rooms. Same with top knot beard guy (I cannot remember most of the names at this stage soz), although he did seem to use the same colour palette as last week so it will be good to see him do something different next

Not sure Joanne will last too much longer - she doesn't seem to fully grasp the design element

Buse's room was just horrible - not just a weird design and unsafe, but it looked so shoddy and unfinished

.. Have to say I also thought the bubble machine was impractical - the residue on the floor from the bubbles would make the floor slippery and having it mounted so high up would make topping it up difficult.

I loved Jack’s design and if my home had higher ceilings I would definitely be stealing it for my baby’s nursery.
Agree, would have liked feedback from a nursery worker not just the judges

Top knot beard guy looks like Ry (young ginger moustache) in 10 years time 😂 Still not learnt their names yet either and glad other people refer to them based on facial hair lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Top knot beard guy looks like Ry (young ginger moustache) in 10 years time 😂 Still not learnt their names yet either and glad other people refer to them based on facial hair lol
The ones I struggle to remember the names of so far: top knot beard guy, ginger singer, circus room lady, Ibiza bloke (no offence to any of these people, there are just too many for my brain to cope with at this stage)

Reactions: 4
Agree, would have liked feedback from a nursery worker not just the judges
They seem to have done away with client feedback. Unless it’ll come later if they start pitching ideas like in shop week?

Certainly having kids helps you understand what they might be interested in and where the hazards could be, but someone working in the space could also identify things that may not work from their perspective as well as the children’s.

Reactions: 3
Thought Jack’s room was fabulous, such imagination although very much helped by the room itself having beautiful bones.

I think Ry is very good too. Joanne is bugging me - my eyes nearly rolled into the back of my head when she trotted out the classic instagrammer line of ‘I’m really insecure, I have no self confidence’ Course you don’t love 🙄

Michelle didn’t disappoint me with her weird kind of glamorous/kind of business-smart outfits. Nothing seems to go with anything else she’s wearing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thought Jack’s room was fabulous, such imagination although very much helped by the room itself having beautiful bones.

I think Ry is very good too. Joanne is bugging me - my eyes nearly rolled into the back of my head when she trotted out the classic instagrammer line of ‘I’m really insecure, I have no self confidence’ Course you don’t love 🙄

Michelle didn’t disappoint me with her weird kind of glamorous/kind of business-smart outfits. Nothing seems to go with anything else she’s wearing 😂
“I’m doing it for me”, lady you put yourself all over Instagram FOR WHO?! Certainly not for me

Reactions: 2
I thought she looked stunning in that pink. The colour was gorgeous on her.

Reactions: 1
I thought she looked stunning in that pink. The colour was gorgeous on her.
Agreed, the colour was lovely but she always looks so frumpy to me. And the top just didn't go with the trousers other than it was a similar colour. Saw some pictures of her before she had a fringe cut in and she looks so much better. But yeah, all this is completely irrelevant to the programme! 😂

Reactions: 1
I love this show but I hate the couch talk at the end. I wish they would rethink that part. It gives me anxiety watching it, I feel like everyone is getting in trouble.

Reactions: 7
I always wonder what the shops/bars think after, I’d love for the editing of the TV show to incorporate their brief and feedback again. But this I guess is a sign you’ve done well!
Ah this is lovely! Good for them, I think they’re the front runners at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.