Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like Matt needed some kind of feature wall on the blank wall he had - like a themed wall of photos of legendary performers at Wembley over the years. It would’ve kept it cool, gender neutral and given a bit more depth

Reactions: 9
After Matt looking like the favourite all the way through I think Roisin might steal at the death

Reactions: 19
The right person won this week. Roisins make over ticked all my boxes . I loved it.

matts I liked but it did feel a little masculine and “ cold”. Has he changed the middle section iy would have been perfect.

Ben’s room was not my cup of tea . It was also cold , clinical and impractical. The only thing I liked was the wallpaper and the fluffy palm tree. If I went in that room it would be a state in no time .

Reactions: 13
I think a Blenheim Palace Lodge leans into Roisin's strengths more than Matt's tbh.
Chintz, velvets and rich colours.

Reactions: 10
I did love Roisin’s room but I think it was a bit one sided with SEB as guest judge. Wembley hosts a lot of acts and they’re not all pop princesses.

Reactions: 17
I did love Roisin’s room but I think it was a bit one sided with SEB as guest judge. Wembley hosts a lot of acts and they’re not all pop princesses.
I was thinking that tbh.
If it was say, Guns n Roses they'd chose Matt's room no doubt.
It all came down to SEB's personal preference and how her house looks really.
But I guess interior design will always boil down to that probably? I think Mary Portas would have been more objective.
But I did like Roisin's room.

Reactions: 16
Have to say I warmed to Ben by the end, but that room was batshit 😂 Where did his budget go? On the piano?

I thought that Matt’s room had some really nice features but the middle section looked unfinished. The white cushions looked cheap. It was quite masculine whereas Roisin’s was very feminine so will have suited SEB more.

Reactions: 14
From his drawings, I thought Matt's would feel a lot warmer that it did. Roisin did so well (apart from the dodgy table) and I think she is my favourite now as she's improved so much

Reactions: 10
Absolutely loved Matts design, I'd hire him in a heartbeat to do my house. I think the criticism was fair though. That seating area just needed a bit more attention, and a room divide would have helped.

Also masculine doesn't have to be bad, there are male pop and rock stars too. It seemed a bit unfair they focused so much on one view point as the challenge wasn't designed with a particular star in mind.

Roisin did knock it out the park though, it was very well considered. although a bit ott for my taste.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.