Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't it about time Steve and Reece were given every award for acting?
Steve in particular, from League to No.9 to Whitechapple to Benidorm, he's incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just love them and how their brains work. This being the end of the series is bittersweet but they're definitely going out on a high.

Reactions: 3
tit, I just realised that the son's phone call actually reminded me of cold comfort

another of my faves

Oh wow 😲 that was a flipping amazing episode
Wish they would write a film together

Reactions: 5
Wow, that was one of the best pieces of tv I’ve ever seen! It was only 30 minutes long but I’m exhausted. Absolutely incredible!

Reactions: 2
My fave so the season!

That was brilliant after 2 heavy ones and I think it'll be very rewatchable.

Reactions: 9
loved how that built up a creepy atmosphere, but ended up properly funny. and so clever to build it around camera doorbell footage

Reactions: 11
loved how that built up a creepy atmosphere, but ended up properly funny. and so clever to build it around camera doorbell footage
I was saying the whole time, he can just watch the footage back and see what they were up to.
I'm always seeing what's set myne off when I'm out 🤣

Reactions: 4
Definitely needed a more light hearted episode after two darker episodes (of course if you can call dog death and murder by brick light hearted, lol) I wouldn't put it up with their best episodes but i enjoyed it and it made me laugh. I also really appreciate how they continue to push the envelope in finding new ways to film and present the episodes.

Reactions: 9
I LOVED this one! Right up my alley, my favourite style of inside number 9 episode! Fabulous!

Reactions: 6
I was going to wait till today to watch as my husbands away and my daugther likes to sleep with me when he's away. I ended up watching with her and other the dead dog she loved it. Glad it wasn't a dark one as she's only 9, but I can't think of any other eps that I can show her and not scar her with 🫣😬 maybe the karaoke one?

Reactions: 2
I got a bit bored of this one, what actually happened at the end? So he didn't kill the dog, but did he kill the wife at the end?

I got a bit bored of this one, what actually happened at the end? So he didn't kill the dog, but did he kill the wife at the end?
Yes, he thought she poisoned his dog (because she said earlier in the episode that she wanted to put down poison for the foxes). But the dog was accidentally run over by the other neighbours as shown at the end

I was going to wait till today to watch as my husbands away and my daugther likes to sleep with me when he's away. I ended up watching with her and other the dead dog she loved it. Glad it wasn't a dark one as she's only 9, but I can't think of any other eps that I can show her and not scar her with 🫣😬 maybe the karaoke one?
Karaoke one is a good choice

A few other options:
"Nana's Party" season 2 - An illicit affair is important to the plot, but nothing worse than a typical episode of EastEnders
"The Bill" season 3 - A little bit of gore with someone stabbing his own hand, otherwise black comedy
"Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room" season 4 - Sad but not gory/frightening, there's a throwaway line about Operation Yewtree but nothing else
"And the Winner Is" season 4 - About a panel of judges deciding who has won a TV award, absolutely nothing disturbing
"The Referee's A ..." season 5 - Again nothing disturbing although an affair is plot-relevant
"Love's Great Adventure" season 5 - Family drama, the only "bad" things happen offscreen: a character being beaten up by a criminal, then the offender gets run over by someone else in revenge. Another important plot element is someone's addiction/mental illness but it's basically another soap opera type story about a family getting through difficult circumstances together
"Paraskevidekatriaphobia" season 8 - Someone is accidentally hit by a car offscreen, and it's plot-relevant that another character survived a traumatic bus crash. The rest of the ep is slapstick/black comedy (getting locked in toilets, hit by ladder etc.)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Love Dorothy Atkinson I always remember her as Zoe Parrish in London burning 😁
She was also brilliant it the sitcom mum with Leslie manville

Reactions: 4
That one was an absolute cracker! It is certainly up there on my top ten I think.

I was just having a look about online about the rest of the series. There are titles and synopsizes for them all except Episode 6. I wonder what they are going to pull out of the bag for the last one. I would really like to see:
Steve and Reece playing themselves in the writing room, speaking about previous episodes, and building to the realization that one of them/both of them are slowly going mad because of the darkness of writing the show.

...or they just give us the bloody Bus episode!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Another brilliant episode. That’s 3 of 3 so far that I’ve loved. Hope the rest of the series keeps up the standard.

I really do think the hair/makeup department deserve every award for making Reece and Steve look so different in every episode. And the actors are just so incredibly in making you believe they’re totally different people each time, they’re so believable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I thought it was a clever episode I liked the concept but it didn't hold my attention fully I just think it lacked something this week the twist was good as always
I personally prefer the darker episodes like last week im a massive league of gentlemen Fan so the darker the better