“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve followed Georgia Steel on Instagram for quite a while and she’s literally just returned to the UK after being in Dubai and then the Maldives. Yet she’s out walking her dog? Isn’t it now law to isolate for 10 days after arriving to the UK?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I don’t know who she is but I saw her videos going viral on TikTok about going to Dubai and she made a video about it

She’s obviously lost followers and that’s why she’s posted it, how can you think it’s okay just because it was ‘legal’ she went, had her fun holiday and now feels rubbish that people are giving her tit! No sympathy and the only reason she would have been able to go is for ‘work’ so if her work was that essential she should stand by her decision to go. If I genuinely had important work that I needed to leave the country for then that’s the nature of some professions but her now saying it’s tone deaf just shows whatever she went for was not necessary (which we all knew)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
her excuse at first was that she was out there for work, and tried to pass off a benefit pore primer ad as work. meanwhile her friends had the same brand deal and were perfectly able to post it from the uk!!

if all these influencers were really working, then were are the never ending posts and stories? surely they’d be with an actual brand promoting products and would legally be required to continuously promote them. instead most of them have gone quiet and are only posting poolside feet pics, their food and non sponsored bikini posts.

Reactions: 10
her excuse at first was that she was out there for work, and tried to pass off a benefit pore primer ad as work. meanwhile her friends had the same brand deal and were perfectly able to post it from the uk!!

if all these influencers were really working, then were are the never ending posts and stories? surely they’d be with an actual brand promoting products and would legally be required to continuously promote them. instead most of them have gone quiet and are only posting poolside feet pics, their food and non sponsored bikini posts.
They are working hard - on their backs

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I would be much more likely to buy from a company that used some imagination so that they didn’t require their models or ambassadors or whatever they call themselves to fly across the world endangering others and risk putting pressure on our already fragile healthcare system.
With all the clever tricks that can be carried out there isn’t really a need for someone to be on an actual beach or by the pool. I’ll be taking note of the brands these people are claiming to represent and boycotting them, I don’t follow any of the Influencers to begin with.

Reactions: 14

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I messaged her about it and she actually replied. I was surprised she replied or even read it
She doesn’t have a leg to stand on & her turning on other influencers is rich!

she is an attention seeking narcissist

Reactions: 3
I messaged her about it and she actually replied. I was surprised she replied or even read it
We were still in a pandemic in October, it didn't take a break so she could go abroad. We went into a lockdown in November. We could see it coming. Like it's horrible if her child has been ill, but no one should've been travelling last year and I'm frankly horrified that we're so obsessed with closing our borders and it took almost a year under pandemic conditions to actually do that.

Reactions: 8
I've seen someone on Instagram who spent the past 10 months making masks doing their bit to combat the virus. Made the headlines for it and now is in Dubai. 🙄😒
So this person who went swanning over to Dubai for NYE's, you know because she worked so hard making face masks for eveyone to prevent Coronavirus has just put a post up couple of days ago to day she has recovered from Coronavirus......some of her followers are like, so glad you are feeling better. I'm like WTAF did you expect when you fly to another country during a global pandemic. I actually haven't replied! I don't follow the idiot. 😑

Reactions: 2
Saying your photo shoot / Instagram pics / work outs is ‘work’ and you NEED to be in Dubai is embarrassing. I hope this is the year the ‘influencer’ is no more

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Omg I saw this and had a look at her fitness insta.

- back and forth to Dubai
- went before lockdown 3 and openly boasts about boat parties, drinks, events everyday
- PT in NE England but also has showed off about the fact she can continue her business training her clients at home via zoom etc
- has a fitness business page has lots of half naked/ boobs out ‘influential’ posts

so why the duck has she gone to Dubai for ‘work’?!! (I already know the answer)

Best one yet- she had covid in November!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
If she's a fitness trainer on IG and is currently out in Dubai, we all know what fitness trainer is code for.... No doubt she will be posing with an LV or Chanel paid for by her 'work'.

What's going to be hilarious is if the UK government pushes through with the Australian style system quarantine and Dubai brings in more restrictions and they all have to leave or their visas start expiring. They will all become unstuck, or they will be stranded out there just as the weather starts to get unbearably hot out there, even possibly too hot to do the mandatory bikini shoot on the beach with the Al Arab hotel in the background 😂

Reactions: 4
We were still in a pandemic in October, it didn't take a break so she could go abroad. We went into a lockdown in November. We could see it coming. Like it's horrible if her child has been ill, but no one should've been travelling last year and I'm frankly horrified that we're so obsessed with closing our borders and it took almost a year under pandemic conditions to actually do that.
Precisely. It’s funny how when I pointed that out she no long replied to me.

Omg I saw this and had a look at her fitness insta.

- back and forth to Dubai
- went before lockdown 3 and openly boasts about boat parties, drinks, events everyday
- PT in NE England but also has showed off about the fact she can continue her business training her clients at home via zoom etc
- has a fitness business page has lots of half naked/ boobs out ‘influential’ posts

so why the duck has she gone to Dubai for ‘work’?!! (I already know the answer)

Best one yet- she had covid in November!
Not just that a quick search of her on FB reveals she only has 23 members in her online group and at 23.99 a month....that does not equate to living it up in dubai. The other two groups she runs has higher members but at under 18 posts in the last month I seriously doubt they are active paying members

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.