“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not going to comment on some of what of you have said about Dubai/UAE apart from to say, don’t believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.
But I will say that as a British expat who was due to travel back to the Uk to spend Christmas with my family (first time I would have seen any of them since last December) I am beyond gutted that I’ve had to cancel at the last minute because of the increased restrictions in the Uk, which ironically I partially blame on the dicks that can’t follow the rules.

Reactions: 19
I think it shows a lack of awareness on influencers’ part when they’re flaunting their luxury holidays when everyone else is a)stuck in the UK obeying rules and b)many people have had a difficult year financially.

Reactions: 22
I’m not going to comment on some of what of you have said about Dubai/UAE apart from to say, don’t believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.
But I will say that as a British expat who was due to travel back to the Uk to spend Christmas with my family (first time I would have seen any of them since last December) I am beyond gutted that I’ve had to cancel at the last minute because of the increased restrictions in the Uk, which ironically I partially blame on the dicks that can’t follow the rules.
Actually, I’d rather that you did respond directly and pick apart arguments using your superior insight rather than make a snide jab at the level of education and research we’re undertaking by implying we blithely absorb and regurgitate everything from a conservative, sensationalist tabloid like the Mail. If I am wrong about something and am spreading negative propaganda about another country, I want to know.

Here’s an Amnesty International page on the conditions of human rights in the UAE, which is just one of the several things I have read in forming my opinion of the governance of the country.

Like she hasn’t already made up her tiny mind
The majority of her followers will just vote yes - it’s like asking your fan club what you should do! Obviously, they will all tell her what she wants to hear!

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Does anyone know why Olivia would only be going in to tier 4 on Boxing Day? I thought she lived in Essex and they are already in tier 4?

Also, surely she isn’t basing her trip on what her followers, a lot of which will be very young girls thinks she should do?! Rather than listen to government advice and maybe do her own research as to whether the ‘work’ is needed or whether she should stay home!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Does anyone know why Olivia would only be going in to tier 4 on Boxing Day? I thought she lived in Essex and they are already in tier 4?

Also, surely she isn’t basing her trip on what her followers, a lot of which will be very young girls thinks she should do?! Rather than listen to government advice and maybe do her own research as to whether the ‘work’ is needed or whether she should stay home!!
Someone on her thread said she was actually on the border between tier 2 and 4 so it was possible she was in tier 2 actually. I don’t know as I don’t know where she lives.

I’ve messaged her telling her she is being irresponsible to her young followers and it isn’t essential work so I don’t know why she is entertaining going.

Reactions: 17
Someone on her thread said she was actually on the border between tier 2 and 4 so it was possible she was in tier 2 actually. I don’t know as I don’t know where she lives.

I’ve messaged her telling her she is being irresponsible to her young followers and it isn’t essential work so I don’t know why she is entertaining going.
Maybe direct her here 😊

Reactions: 1
So we are now in tier 4. My partners friends are currently in Dubai on a lads holiday. He’s just been sent a video of them at a private party (some girls they’d met over there) about 60 of them all dancing in a small apartment with a hired DJ 🤦🏽‍♀️😡 said they’ve decided to extend their stay! I don’t get it why they all think Covid doesn’t exist in Dubai!!!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
if you guys have a peek into grace beverley (previously gracefituk)'s thread, you'll see she was also at a huge party in dubai a few weeks ago. absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 14
People who have only read about Dubai in the Daily Mail or seen it on Instagram can’t seem to decide if it is some sort of 24 hour party paradise, or a scary dystopian apocalyptic fantasy.

COVID- not very bad here. Cases stable since Sept. Lots of rules. Free treatment and vaccines for everyone who is resident. We can get the sinopharm vaccine now, of wait for Pfizer in next few weeks. We had a very strict (airports shut, don’t leave your house) lockdown in April and have been gradually relaxing things since then. Most tests per head than anywhere in the world.

Party hotels- yes a few. It’s like saying all of Spain is like Ibiza, or all of the UK is like a hen weekend to Blackpool. You don’t have to wear a mask eating or swimming or exercising but you do everywhere else or you would get a huge fine. Everyone wears masks in daily life. Compulsory on flights, walking around, in the supermarket, etc. I think they must be taking them off for the photos!

Influencers. I’ve never seen one. Most expats lead boring lives working in banking/ oil and gas/ construction. My daughters were crazy about YouTube a couple of years ago and the bloggers were often in Dubai. A totally different world to normal expats.

Most people I know haven’t travelled for months, we’ve been discouraged for going to the UK by my employers- much more danger in bringing COVID to the UAE than catching it here. I haven’t seen my mum and dad since summer 2019- we are waiting for it to be safe, like most expats.

Reactions: 25
People who have only read about Dubai in the Daily Mail or seen it on Instagram can’t seem to decide if it is some sort of 24 hour party paradise, or a scary dystopian apocalyptic fantasy.

COVID- not very bad here. Cases stable since Sept. Lots of rules. Free treatment and vaccines for everyone who is resident. We can get the sinopharm vaccine now, of wait for Pfizer in next few weeks. We had a very strict (airports shut, don’t leave your house) lockdown in April and have been gradually relaxing things since then. Most tests per head than anywhere in the world.

Party hotels- yes a few. It’s like saying all of Spain is like Ibiza, or all of the UK is like a hen weekend to Blackpool. You don’t have to wear a mask eating or swimming or exercising but you do everywhere else or you would get a huge fine. Everyone wears masks in daily life. Compulsory on flights, walking around, in the supermarket, etc. I think they must be taking them off for the photos!

Influencers. I’ve never seen one. Most expats lead boring lives working in banking/ oil and gas/ construction. My daughters were crazy about YouTube a couple of years ago and the bloggers were often in Dubai. A totally different world to normal expats.

Most people I know haven’t travelled for months, we’ve been discouraged for going to the UK by my employers- much more danger in bringing COVID to the UAE than catching it here. I haven’t seen my mum and dad since summer 2019- we are waiting for it to be safe, like most expats.
Well all that may change with this influx z listers bringing different strains.

Reactions: 13

Ooh okay thank you!! I tried to find her thread but couldn’t then saw she had been mentioned on here!

Reactions: 1
Influencers are used to being able to do literally whatever they want whenever they want. The privilege makes it almost impossible for them to comprehend following guidelines like everyone else. They are used to being special.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.