“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve come here from a thread where someone’s talking about how their nan is in end of life care and the hospice aren’t letting anyone visit her in her last weeks or over Christmas at all. It makes me so angry that lots of us are in Tier 4 and have to sacrifice seeing our loved ones, possibly for the last time, and (on a much more trivial note) can’t even go to a bloody lash appointment, but somehow it’s still fine for influencers to go through multiple airports, sit in a plane for hours and fly out to meet big groups of people abroad, even when they come from Tier 4 (Montana Brown, she makes me feel sick, and Grace Beverley LOL [she went before Tier 4 but defo when the new variant was around]). I don’t get why nothing is being done about this.

The most annoying thing about it is that as someone in my twenties, it feels like these people are getting more and more popular with my peers. And it’s always the most useless ones, like Montana and Molly Mae who add duck all to the world and aren’t even interesting in a reality TV way (eg Charlotte Crosby), rather than ones that have any interest in anything remotely worthwhile. Montana can’t even be come up with her own jokes as she plagiarises her TikToks from other creators. She posted this poll asking her followers if they want her to make content on these trips and the followers said yes, effectively encouraging her and others to monetise being immoral. And any time you criticise Molly Mae etc. you get a load of girls telling you you’re mean, jealous and insecure and to #bekind. They’re not being kind to us peddling us diet tea and product that doesn’t work.

But meanwhile, we have various politicians telling us it’s not worth it to visit our grandma, telling us to rat out our neighbours, posting police at train stations - which I get - but not even bothering to stop or test all these halfwits coming in and out of our airports. It feels a bit classist to me.

I see people on Twitter genuinely lose their tit whenever Gemma Collins does something like release a Christmas song but I’ve not once seen a trend raging at these people and it makes me despair. the level of bootlicking makes me feel ill

anyway, rant over. I can’t see my family at all this Christmas or do little things for myself as I’m in Tier 4. We saw a test centre being built the day before they announced Tier 4 so it’s obvious it was planned a while ago, so wish they could’ve given more notice and told us when London went into lockdown rather than me having to deal with two blows - not being able to visit my parents and not myself being able to go anywhere. My workplace gave me a load of free leave and I’m spending it like this :( will do it because it’s the responsible thing to do, but I’m sad about it lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
I've been soo frustrated with even YouTube as they are all out there too and flaunting what they can do. I really like mattdoesfitness usually but he went out there to film content with wife and son, they have returned and he said he was still out there. So what happens if he now isn't back before tomorrow and will still need to isolate!

Reactions: 10
I’ve just found this thread after wondering the same thing! Rochelle Humes and The Fashion Bug Blog are in Dubai and all has been quiet for a few days on their stories 🤔 FBB’s insta friend Flavia Stuttgen is skiing in Verbier - she also has STFU on her stories since the announcements at the weekend. Interesting isn’t it ☕

Reactions: 15
What about the “influencers” who are now giving health advice. This one from @mellysophia - someone who has nothing to offer apart from marrying a ex convict which didn’t last.

She was in Dubai in the last lockdown, out every night with her friends (and documenting this). What gives her the right to give out health advice??

Read it - it’s so badly written it sums her up perfectly!

These people are so thick it’s unbelievable yet they are out there with no consequence. The papers don’t report this because they support them in their usual lives.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What about the “influencers” who are now giving health advice. This one from @mellysophia - someone who has nothing to offer apart from marrying a ex convict which didn’t last.

She was in Dubai in the last lockdown, out every night with her friends (and documenting this). What gives her the right to give out health advice??

These people are so thick it’s unbelievable yet they are out there with no consequence. The papers don’t report this because they support them in their usual lives.
I can’t cope with her grammar 😫

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I can’t cope with her grammar 😫
She also talks like that. Says “fanks” instead of thanks.

Anyone who marries someone who assaulted a police officer (a petition of 30k signatures for his arrest) needs their head tested.

It goes to show these girls will do anything for wealth (they don’t have to earn).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Dubai is supposedly strict but it doesn't look like it. I would love it if they rounded up all the Z lists to pop in a cell for tomorrow :D

Reactions: 11
Why has the Dubai government allowed these a listers in? They were very strict before?

They look pathetic - in their bikinis and the curated pap shot - in a pandemic!

Reactions: 32
My partner’s sister is a teacher in Dubai and apparently they are fairly strict, other than the areas where rich influencers congregate and dominate - e.g., hotels and particular beaches. The level of inequality astounds me -

To quote another post I made lol, while the influencer elite are semi-likely to be OK if they get COVID, it's already been proven that south Asian people are more at risk. We know that South Asians are disproportionately represented in the manual & 'unskilled' labour sectors in Dubai and are treated terribly, with passports being yanked from them, receiving little to no help from the UAE 'government', with many of them trapped in crowded labour camps after losing their jobs post-COVID. The hygiene standards in these places are dismal and the overall standards of living are too - it wouldn't take much for an infection to burn through somewhere like this. And these influencers are mostly coming from the south of England, potentially carrying the more contagious variant.

you have to wonder, if the workers’ passports are being taken from them, will they be able to (afford to) leave, and will they actually be able to access treatment in the UAE? Even if they had their passports, where would they go to access decent treatment if they had covid, and would it endanger their lives to fly out? God knows if they had COVID, would they even be allowed to get onto a flight to begin with?

And on their way back they’re bumping into workers that have to be at the airport in order to get paid, pushing up the covid rates, risking so many people’s lives here and in Dubai for what - for a party and an opportunity at a Daily Mail pap shot in a thong? And then they have the audacity to 1) pretend they care about the public so they don’t get “cancelled” and 2) talk about “being kind” as if the kinder response to someone that expresses so little care for other humans’ lives is to just ignore it and say “you deserve the holiday hun ignore the bitter saddos [and all the terminally ill people and workers trapped in labour camps] xx”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

followed this girl for about five mins and had to unfollow. Dull as dishwater yet loving herself
off in the camera every five mins.

Reactions: 13
followed this girl for about five mins and had to unfollow. Dull as dishwater yet loving herself
And on their way back they’re bumping into workers that have to be at the airport in order to get paid, pushing up the covid rates, risking so many people’s lives here and in Dubai for what - for a party and an opportunity at a Daily Mail pap shot in a thong? And then they have the audacity to 1) pretend they care about the public so they don’t get “cancelled” and 2) talk about “being kind” as if the kinder response to someone that expresses so little care for other humans’ lives is to just ignore it and say “you deserve the holiday hun ignore the bitter saddos [and all the terminally ill people and workers trapped in labour camps] xx”
This is true. The ruler of Dubai treated his own daughter so badly, you can imagine the fate of the workers.

This lot do not go anywhere unless it’s free - so why is the Dubai government putting up these losers for free?

Do they need the tourism that badly?

How many of their followers will trot along to dooobuyyy just because they have?

Not many - because they are concerned about their health.

I don’t understand why she is famous for marrying a billionaire criminal ! She mentioned on a previous post (now deleted) that she in Dubai to bag a rich man.

On her last trip she sat in a cheap (very badly made dress each night in an empty restaurant or club for a month!!!

The desperation reeks.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
The Dubai government are advertising here now. Saw an ad on tv the other along the line of ‘Dubai is open’ or ‘We’re open’ 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
This is true. The ruler of Dubai treated his own daughter so badly, you can imagine the fate of the workers.

This lot do not go anywhere unless it’s free - so why is the Dubai government putting up these losers for free?

Do they need the tourism that badly?
Yep, the ruler is horrendous, only does good stuff for optics. A lot of people are saying that the UAE is trying to prepare to shift away from oil when it inevitably runs out, which is where it and a lot of Arab gulf countries made their money. It’s encouraging westerners to come to work and holiday there in order to make it a financial and tourism hub to diversify its assets and interests. It encourages people trained in the UK to teach there because it facilitates people settling there with families. It’s for this reason IMO it’s becoming more liberal on a surface level; it’ll scare people from countries like the UK off if there’s a palpable risk of going to jail for holding hands with your partner (unmarried) in public. it could be seeing getting all these influencers over as an investment in its future in tourism.

Olivia Bowen asking if she should go 🙄
It’s weird how they’re all doing this now. Vomit at how what’s making her hesitate is “tit” on the Internet. Speaks volumes about how much interest they take in the (circumstances of) normal people that allow them to maintain this platform and go on these extravagant holidays in the first place. Sure all the people not being able to see their families/at risk of illness and death and the conditions of the workers in Dubai don’t come into it babe x

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.